• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: BN: Doug Whaley Went Rogue Cutting Fred Jackson

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Again, what the **** are you talking about ricky ******o? I'm an homer until the jet crashes in the middle of the season like it has the past 15 years. Try not to be dumb all of your life.
    You're a loser, baby.

Your time is over.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

I cannot imagine how a GM could think he could cut a fan favorite over the objections of both the head coach and owner and get away with it. Either this story is bunk or he's trying to get fired.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        I cannot imagine how a GM could think he could cut a fan favorite over the objections of both the head coach and owner and get away with it. Either this story is bunk or he's trying to get fired.
        That is sensible. I'll give you that. But there are ego-maniacs out there.

And even absent that, wouldn't you be inclined to protect the decisions you've made? I'm sure Whaley thought that this was the right move. Objectively and in the name of the franchise. Doesn't mean he was right about that.

But don't forget he traded for Bryce Brown. And for Cassel (who is now possibly going to get cut).

We all naturally (and without malice) do things that would be in furtherance of our past decisions.

This FJ cut nonsense hasn't gone over particularly well. It has made Rex look bad. Hell it's made them all look bad.

it is not inconceivable that there is compartmentalized damage control going on here in the form of leaks and exercises of job-description-level power.

What i simply cannot believe (not in a million years) is that the powers that be all sat down and decided cutting Fred Jackson was the way to go. I refuse to believe it because it makes no sense.
        All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Sentimental bologna has gotten the Bills nowhere since everyone here was born.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
            That is sensible. I'll give you that. But there are ego-maniacs out there.

And even absent that, wouldn't you be inclined to protect the decisions you've made? I'm sure Whaley thought that this was the right move. Objectively and in the name of the franchise. Doesn't mean he was right about that.

But don't forget he traded for Bryce Brown. And for Cassel (who is now possibly going to get cut).

We all naturally (and without malice) do things that would be in furtherance of our past decisions.

This FJ cut nonsense hasn't gone over particularly well. It has made Rex look bad. Hell it's made them all look bad.

it is not inconceivable that there is compartmentalized damage control going on here in the form of leaks and exercises of job-description-level power.

What i simply cannot believe (not in a million years) is that the powers that be all sat down and decided cutting Fred Jackson was the way to go. I refuse to believe it because it makes no sense.
            Whaley has backed off his decisions before. He signed Chris Williams - cut. He traded for Mike Williams - cut. He signed Kevin Kolb - cut. He dealt away Kiko Alonso. He's already cut one of his midround draft picks in Ross Cockrell. Hell, even Matt Cassel is coming in to potentially supplant his/Nix's first round pick at QB. I don't really see Whaley as a guy who doubles down on his past.

The only way Doug makes this move is if he's got the support of other elements of the staff or owners, or he wants to get fired to collect on his contract. There's no way he throws a hand grenade at his career to protect his trade for Bryce Brown. Come on now.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              Whaley has backed off his decisions before. He signed Chris Williams - cut. He traded for Mike Williams - cut. He signed Kevin Kolb - cut. He dealt away Kiko Alonso. He's already cut one of his midround draft picks in Ross Cockrell. Hell, even Matt Cassel is coming in to potentially supplant his/Nix's first round pick at QB. I don't really see Whaley as a guy who doubles down on his past.

The only way Doug makes this move is if he's got the support of other elements of the staff or owners, or he wants to get fired to collect on his contract. There's no way he throws a hand grenade at his career to protect his trade for Bryce Brown. Come on now.
              Also fair. But how many bad moves (and there absolutely have been as many good ones) does a man want to absorb?

It just seems like a mindless analytics decision through and through. It would positively shock me if a majority of the brain trust was in agreement on this move.
              All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Also fair. But how many bad moves (and there absolutely have been as many good ones) does a man want to absorb?

It just seems like a mindless analytics decision through and through. It would positively shock me if a majority of the brain trust was in agreement on this move.
                He's 34 F'ng years old!!!!

Stop the nonsense.

All good things must come to an end.

Life happens.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

This came down to finances and nothing more. Karlos passed him on depth chart and they did not want to pay 2 million to a guy who would potentially be inactive for games since no special teams ability.

I love Fred and he was up there with Stevie for me but Ralph also let Reed Thomas and smith walk.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                    You're a loser, baby.

Your time is over.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

What does "going rogue" mean? If it means he defied the Pegulas, good. Ralph meddled. Al Davis meddled. Daniel Snyder still meddles and they all have **** results to show for it.

If he went rogue against coaches and personnel guys, that's different. It could be a case of a leader making an unpopular but necessary decision- time will tell on that. Or it could be an egomaniac doing what he wants despite the advice of experts who are closer to the situation, which is scary.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TakingItuptheChin
                        Zoner
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        He's 34 F'ng years old!!!!

Stop the nonsense.

All good things must come to an end.

Life happens.
                        34 must be really old to a 12 year old transvestite llike you. John Riggins was around 34 when he carried his Redskins team to win a Super Bowl.
                        Last edited by TakingItuptheChin; 09-02-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Rex has been pretty anti-Bryce. Can't imagine Whaley propping him over Jackson w/o Rex's take, I guess.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Did anyone actually read the article? It's hilarious. It might be the most speculative piece of journalism I have ever seen. Using Rex Ryan's press conference to validate some ficticous rift. Rex blinked twice when asked about Fred a secret sign he wanted to keep him.

A sucker born every minute. Whaley went "rogue" because he didn't want to pay a constantly hurt 34 year old running back 2 million dollars more that what the market was worth and he's trying to get some money in the till to pay a 25 year old super star that has a 10 year career ahead of him.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              More to the story now...

@Fred22Jackson on GM Doug Whaley: "There’s only one person in that organization that I haven’t gotten honesty from, and that was him.”
                              Look, if this is a truth-telling contest, I'm taking Freddie's word for it.

Every. Time.

Dude's as high character as they come. I have no cause to doubt his veracity or his sincerity.

Doug Whaley on the other hand strikes me as a tale spinner, much like his serpentine protégé Russ Brandon.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Meathead
                                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                                • Jul 2002

when this kind of stuff happens ѕhits always gonna get spun like somebody went soap opera bc the sheeple eat that kinda stuff up. in reality doug and the pegs and rexy are sitting there loling as how dumb the fans are

yes cutting the oldest rb in the nfl who already is having hammy problems this preseason is 'going rogue'. whats next, is cutting bryce brown going to be 'going commando'? is putting goodwin on ir gonna be 'going rambo'?. i suppose ordering a pizza sub for lunch is 'going goodfellas'. whaleys a baaaad dude man, he might 'go powerpuff girls' next
                                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                                X