Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whaley deserves a raise! Glad Jackson is gone!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whaley deserves a raise! Glad Jackson is gone!

I'm actually starting to believe the Fred Jackson homers would rather stay out of the playoffs. Maybe we should bring Eric Moulds out of retirement, fire Rex, and bring back Marv.

I'm actually embarrassed right now. NEWS FLASH: we cut a guy that was set to make 2.5 million and Seattle wants to pay the same guy around $500,000. That's right folks, $500,000. The Bills were in a no win situation and I applaud Whaley for making a tough, football minded decision.

I'm sick and tired of losing good players like Peters, Lynch....that's right Marshawyn Lynch! Maybe a competent front office should have traded Fred for a 4th rounder instead of Lynch in 2010? I digress, anyway, the old regime and some of you fans liked over paying Schobel but were ok watching Peters walk out the door.

Congrats Whaley for having some gonads unlike the Jackson Homers. I like winning and personally our captain was here for 9 years of losing. Fred your welcome for us pulling you from Arena Football and NFL Europe and over paying you. Good luck with what has been an amazing life.

2. Post thanked by:

GreedoII (09-02-2015),kgun12 (09-02-2015),streetkings01 (09-02-2015),User Manuel (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Whaley deserves a raise! Glad Jackson is gone!

I kind of agree that it might have been the correct decision football-wise. The likelihood is high that he might get injured this season. Then again, his pass blocking and his 3rd down performance will be missed. Especially if Shady does not make it through 16 games with our run-heavy offense.
    Lets see. If Shady gets injured and Brown keeps fumbing, Whaley is an idiot. If Shady does not get injured, Brown improves and maybe Freddy gets injured, he is a genious. I understand he had to make a decision and I dont think it was necessarily wrong.

But I have another problem with your post.

Fred your welcome for us pulling you from Arena Football and NFL Europe and over paying you
    Huh? We never overpaid for him. He was tremendous here and outplayed next to all other RBs we had. The only problem was that he was underused. Thats why his yard totals might not be that much impressive. But that is not his problem. That was because we had idiot coaches for too many years.
    Overpaying ... lol ...
    Last edited by Topas; 09-02-2015 at 03:39 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whaley should be fired. Jackson was willing to take a pay cut. Whaley makes the decision to keep the fumbler over Jackson. One more in a line of bad decisions by this GM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wasnt-honest/

6. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (09-02-2015),SPG (09-02-2015),TacklingDummy (09-02-2015),Victor7 (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I'm actually starting to believe the Fred Jackson homers would rather stay out of the playoffs. Maybe we should bring Eric Moulds out of retirement, fire Rex, and bring back Marv.

I'm actually embarrassed right now. NEWS FLASH: we cut a guy that was set to make 2.5 million and Seattle wants to pay the same guy around $500,000. That's right folks, $500,000. The Bills were in a no win situation and I applaud Whaley for making a tough, football minded decision.

I'm sick and tired of losing good players like Peters, Lynch....that's right Marshawyn Lynch! Maybe a competent front office should have traded Fred for a 4th rounder instead of Lynch in 2010? I digress, anyway, the old regime and some of you fans liked over paying Schobel but were ok watching Peters walk out the door.

Congrats Whaley for having some gonads unlike the Jackson Homers. I like winning and personally our captain was here for 9 years of losing. Fred your welcome for us pulling you from Arena Football and NFL Europe and over paying you. Good luck with what has been an amazing life.
    This is a very cute attempt at glossing over an incredibly poor personnel decision but it's a troll job at best, buffoonery at worst.

First of all, to associate our regular season woes with Fred Jackson is absurd. Over the last 8 years, there were many swathes of games where he was the literally only player that made this team watchable.

So instead of framing your argument as Freddie was a liability that contributed to our losses (which is demonstrably false, since he kept us more competitive than we had any right to be), the correct answer is: Freddie was a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy, windblown era of Bills football.

Second of all, your weird tangent about past players has nothing to do with Fred Jackson, it's a straw man. I love #22 but I also wanted us to retain Jason Peters. And that chestnut about bringing E-Mo out of retirement? I get that you're probably new to hyperbole and that's why you went so over the top with the E-Mo barb, but tone it down some if you want serious traction.

As for the rest of your trash, Freddie was willing to take a pay cut. Freddie can catch. Freddie can block (a perennially underrated feature). Freddie still has the wheels to sprint past guys ten years his junior. Freddie has great patience and vision. Freddie is a great locker room guy. Intangibles off the charts.

So no, this wasn't a great move where we should hand our GM a courage award for his bold foresight.

It was lame.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

8. Post thanked by:

Borosai (09-02-2015),chernobylwraiths (09-02-2015),cookie G (09-02-2015),Dr. Lecter (09-02-2015),Historian (09-02-2015),imbondz (09-02-2015),Lucidvizion (09-02-2015),SPG (09-02-2015),TacklingDummy (09-02-2015),Victor7 (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Whaley should be fired. Jackson was willing to take a pay cut. Whaley makes the decision to keep the fumbler over Jackson. One more in a line of bad decisions by this GM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wasnt-honest/
    you know Jackson fumbled 5 times last year and brown only 1 time? don't be stupid...err..too late

10. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (09-02-2015),HHURRICANE (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When it was decided they were going with Tyrod and EJ started showing up as well the need for FJ skills diminished.

12. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I absolutely wrote this thread to defend a good decision. I love Jackson.

1) I don't blame Fred for our no playoff run but at the end of the day it's a team sport and he was part of the team. I love that saying "if we lose with him we can certainly lose without him." The reality is that he didn't help us get to the playoffs.

2) I want to know which manager was going to give Fred the 80% pay cut? As a head coach that's definately the guy you want on your team. That's a no win so I don't blame them for not even going there.

3) We need the roster spot.

4) Get over the fact that Karlos and Bryce were better. Fred didn't earn the spot. End of story.

5) Sign Dareus.

14. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (09-02-2015),GreedoII (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, keeping Jackson on as a 3rd string or practice squad RB would've tanked our season...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fred's receiving skills out of the backfield and reliable blocking should have kept him here one more year.

Bryce is unreliable and Dixon is limited. Our top three should have been McCoy, Williams, Jackson. And very possible that Jackson would outplay them all.

17. Post thanked by:

sdbillsfan2 (09-02-2015),TacklingDummy (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1) I don't blame Fred for our no playoff run but at the end of the day it's a team sport and he was part of the team. I love that saying "if we lose with him we can certainly lose without him." The reality is that he didn't help us get to the playoffs.

2) I want to know which manager was going to give Fred the 80% pay cut? As a head coach that's definately the guy you want on your team. That's a no win so I don't blame them for not even going there.

4) Get over the fact that Karlos and Bryce were better. Fred didn't earn the spot. End of story.

5) Sign Dareus.
    I think you bring some valid points. But no. 4 is insane. Ok, that is true in 2017 and probably in 2016. But no way in 2015.
    If you are talking about the long-term view that is fine. or if you are talking about the injury risk, that is fine.
    But production-wise !?!?! Are you kidding me?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Fred's receiving skills out of the backfield and reliable blocking should have kept him here one more year.

Bryce is unreliable and Dixon is limited. Our top three should have been McCoy, Williams, Jackson. And very possible that Jackson would outplay them all.
    I certainly agree that Fred can still play and have a role to play. But if he outperformed McCoy THAT would be a good reason to fire Whaley.
    Also I sort of wondered all along how things were going to work out with McCoy and Fred in the same backfield, more specifically with Fred having to transition from the top dog to a role player. The Bills are hardly the same team without him than they are with him, in terms of team chemistry I mean. Maybe setting a new direction sometimes means breaking with what is perceived to be the past. That would never be the main reason for doing something like this but it might have been a consideration.

20. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Yes, keeping Jackson on as a 3rd string or practice squad RB would've tanked our season...
    why keep a roster spot for this??? be smart man..it's about winning

22. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whether you have good reasoning for backing Whaley's decision or not, using this thread title is a 110% pure troll job.

24. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-02-2015),ParanoidAndroid (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 4,017 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You wanted Matt Cassel to start...

I'll consider the source.

26. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-02-2015),Dr. Lecter (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The move sucked. Whaley sucks. This thread sucks.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

28. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

players get cut

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The problem with most Bills fans is they think with their hearts and not their brains. You can't make football decisions with your heart when you're a GM or coach.

31. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (09-02-2015),kgun12 (09-02-2015),Meathead (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

53 players dress up for a game and you come up with this gem. Unreal. Stupid Fred why didn't you help us get to the playoffs !!

Fred was reportedly willing to take a paycut. The link is there for you to see. What exactly is wrong with retaining a valuable player at a lesser deal ? Nothing. Its a win for the front office.

We do? For who ? Jordan Gay ? Thigpen/Easley? Bryce Brown ? or 2 fullbacks ?

Karlos was better .... in preseason. I like the kid but its a stretch to already call him better than Fred when he hasn't taken more than a dozen carries in pre season ball. Bryce Brown is not a better player. Period. That's not even debatable. Same for Boobie.

5) Sign Dareus.
    Hell yeah sign him. Are Fred's 2.5 mill really the reason he's not signed ? No.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

they simply dont need freddie. and remember, i LOVEEEE freddie. this isnt real world. this isnt which karshashian has the biggest lip implants. this is the frozen emotional tundra of the NFL. there is no crying in the frozen tundra bc your tears will actually freeze to your face. so if you are upset with cutting freddie and your legs are frozen from all the accumulated tears that have turned your legs to solid ice dont come running to me
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

SpikedLemonade

It was time for Freddie to go.

I like Bryce Brown. The fumbling rep will be forgotten when he puts together a whole season without fumbling being a problem.