• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Doug Whaley Sucks

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    - Overvaluing RB position & McCoy. Murray was better & has less mileage.
    Also, Murray was a free agent. Between the draft picks and players Whaley has pissed away acquiring to injury prone players, Watkins and McCoy, when he could have had similarly skilled players without pissing them away, he should be fired.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      I like what Whaley has done for the most part all that means nothing if we don't win. All the good moves depend on how good we are which is actually tied to the qb position. If we can't win because of bad quarterbacking, it's his fault. Thats all on him.
      What else could he have done with the QB position?

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
        • Sep 2004

He has a roster primed for (on paper) one of our best seasons in over a decade.....but, yeah, sure.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
          He has a roster primed for (on paper) one of our best seasons in over a decade.....but, yeah, sure.
          I don't know. He has marquee receivers for a rushing offense, loaded with backs he paid for that are easy to find with a scouting system nowadays, and a bunch of character issue guys. I think we're primed for November chaos, fistfights, sniping, and trouble, from the players he went out and got as opposed to the ones he inherited.

We're all banking on Ryan magic to pull it off because otherwise it looks feeble. I think Whaley is in over his head but is certain he has it all down pat and is banking on Ryan like the rest of us to pull something off and make it all ok.

Comment

• mightysimi
            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
            • Mar 2010

I think he has drafted pretty well

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Welcome to new ownership, deep pockets and culture change. People wanted something different, well they got it. Whether or not the results are any different remain to be seen.
              How long did it take the Sabres from playoffs to worst team in league?

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

I have come to the conclusion that any GM will be overly-criticized in Buffalo until we find a true franchise QB.

Much of Whaley's drafting prowess will sit with this (post-giving up the #1 for Sammy Watkins) draft. So far only Miller has looked solid. But it is early yet.

Comment

Working...
                X