Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deflationgate = Complete & Utter Overreaction

Thanks
    Thanked 26,298 Times in 13,728 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Deflationgate = Complete & Utter Overreaction

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

You guys are insane.

"No, no, I don't care what the judge said, I don't care that there's no proof, I don't even care if they WERE set up, I don't care because THE FUMBLE STATISTICS ARE IRREFUTABLE PROOF THEY CHEATED! There's no other explanation!"

A question - if the fumble stats are a slam dunk, how come they weren't used in the Wells report?

"Oh NOE2! Save us. stats nerds, SAVE THE INTEGRITY OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!"
    You've been slamming the Wells report as being incomplete this whole time. Now you are trying to say that evidence isn't real because it wasn't in the Wells report. Don't make me bust out the circular reasoning gif.

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Look at the fumble stats. If you think this only happened in one game that was a blowout, you're delusional. They've been doing it since the league starts allowing teams to provide their own balls.

Oh, and btw, the bring your own balls rule is at least the third rule the league made to help Brady, after the tuck rule and "no hitting below the knees" rule. No one gave a **** when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, but when it happened to Brady on a much less ,malicious play, RULE CHANGE!!!!

The league has coddled that team so bad. For once, Goodell attempts to stand up to Kraft and proves once and for all that he's nothing but Kraft's *****.

Expect another SB win for the Pats because NE has proven they can cheat and bully their way to titles and Goodell can't do anything to stop them.
    Dont put to much stock in the fumble stats. They fumble less on the road than at home. Unless the home team equipment guys are cheating for them as well.

4. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (09-04-2015)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You've been slamming the Wells report as being incomplete this whole time. Now you are trying to say that evidence isn't real because it wasn't in the Wells report. Don't make me bust out the circular reasoning gif.
    Sorry, but you fumble statistics guys have been pushing the stats = cheating, which you haven't REMOTELY proved.

Now, you can CLAIM that the fumble stats = cheating, but you can't prove it. Having an event with no apparent reasonable explanation doesn't mean a crime was committed any more than any other scenario.

Now, I have no doubt that the Pats do what they can to make the balls more grippable, but there is no evidence that what they do is outside the rules.

And now, since the Wells Report's science has been thoroughly debunked, and the Pats balls WEREN'T underinflated in the Colts game, and there is NO EVIDNCE that the Pat's balls were underinflated in other games, wnhat do the stats nerds have to say NOW about why the fumble stats read the way they do.

Because there ARE other reasons besides Tom Brady and 2 goofballs pulling a fast one on the law abiding other 31 teams, whether you want to admit it or not.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Dont put to much stock in the fumble stats. They fumble less on the road than at home. Unless the home team equipment guys are cheating for them as well.
    If you google "grasping at straws", the first thing that comes up is a link to the Pats fumble stats...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    are you serious? the whole issue is that each team has their balls that they play with. if they have the balls deflated and have less fumbles overall, then the constant is that they have their own balls. there is no difference if they are on the road or at home. in aggregate the number is an outlier from the other 31 teams, meaning something other than the sheer luck is in play.

i'll wait for spartacus to pout somemore. but the only thing the newbie pat fans have to think about is regardless of the suspension they continue to dig a hole on their reputation and they will be caught and brought to light sooner than later. and it'll be pre-2000 where there are simply no pats fans around.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    are you serious? the whole issue is that each team has their balls that they play with. if they have the balls deflated and have less fumbles overall, then the constant is that they have their own balls. there is no difference if they are on the road or at home. in aggregate the number is an outlier from the other 31 teams, meaning something other than the sheer luck is in play.

i'll wait for spartacus to pout somemore. but the only thing the newbie pat fans have to think about is regardless of the suspension they continue to dig a hole on their reputation and they will be caught and brought to light sooner than later. and it'll be pre-2000 where there are simply no pats fans around.
    Yes they bring their own balls to away games and then hand them off to the home teams ref locker room attendant. If the balls are under its because the ref let it go.
    Last edited by chris66; 09-08-2015 at 06:05 AM.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you google "grasping at straws", the first thing that comes up is a link to the Pats fumble stats...
    BZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer. But thanks for playing.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    BZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer. But thanks for playing.
    You're wrong Carl. Your hate has led you down the wrong path. You are being used by bad people that aren't Tom Brady.

And worse than that, you used to be a decent fellow but lately you seem to be falling under the spell of the haters and ass holes.

The old Carl would never have said crap like this because he knew better. What happened? We always got along.

Why does it feel like you've turned on me?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Your hate has led you down the wrong path.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    the interesting thing is that the nfl has protected the pats with bizarre rule calls and oddly timed penalties throughout this 15y run. if the league just ensures that the pats have the same game day experience as the other 31 teams, then they are fairly harmless.
    -when the team runs an illegal formation and converts a big momentum turning 3rd down, maybe they get flagged like the other 31 teams do.
    - when a TE formation is illegal and the TE goes for a 41 yard TD, it's called back like it is for the other 31 teams.
    - when a player slaps his own guys helmet after a 4th and 1 stop, it isn't converted to an automatic first down and 15 yards.
    -when the qb clearly fumbles the ball, another fake rule isn't brought in to keep them in the game.
    - when youre qb gets hit legally, you don't have to worry about a 15 yard phantom penalty
    - when your qb mouths off incessantly, he gets an unsportsmanlike penalty.

it's all so simple, yet i know they'll still be the darling of the league. because that big boston fan base only shows up when the team is relevant.
    If you believe that, why be a fan?
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look at the fumble stats. If you think this only happened in one game that was a blowout, you're delusional. They've been doing it since the league starts allowing teams to provide their own balls.

Oh, and btw, the bring your own balls rule is at least the third rule the league made to help Brady, after the tuck rule and "no hitting below the knees" rule. No one gave a **** when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, but when it happened to Brady on a much less ,malicious play, RULE CHANGE!!!!

The league has coddled that team so bad. For once, Goodell attempts to stand up to Kraft and proves once and for all that he's nothing but Kraft's *****.

Expect another SB win for the Pats because NE has proven they can cheat and bully their way to titles and Goodell can't do anything to stop them.

OPiv, generally I enjoy and agree with your posts.

Clearly, every team tries to cheat and gain any advantage they can. The Colts blasted 'fake crowd noise' & changed Pass Interference rules, the Broncos cheated salary cap during their SB years, Bills had 'windgate', and every team tries to decipher signals of opponent. The only difference here is that, like most things, the Pats were better at it (cheating).

And deflategate, was a joke! The Colts had 3 of 4 balls under legal PSI during game vs Pats.... And Pats went onto win SB vs geat Seattle Team in which game balls were checked multiple times... Pats won anyway.