Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deflationgate = Complete & Utter Overreaction

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Deflationgate = Complete & Utter Overreaction

Brady's suspension has been vacated by the courts which validates the following observations:

1. Deflate gate was an overblown overreaction to the amount of air in a few footballs during a game that wasn't even close. If you think the Pats blew out of the Colts because of football's pressure your off your rocker!

2. NFL use to provide the football but changed policy to allow teams to bring their own. Why? So teams can MANIPULATE Footballs to their liking.

3. Panthers were another team caught taking the manipulation of footballs to far. They only got a warning, no fine & suspensions.

4. CONSPIRACY THEORIES: if by now you still think the NFL & Goodell are trying to protect Brady & Pats your delusional.

5. Jealousy: it's crystal clear that the majority of teams and fans, are very jealous of the Pats and want to stick it to them anyway they can.

6. Judgement: If your trying to 'justify' the judgement by either dismissing the fact that the NFL overstepped its bounds, over punished a non offense (remember suspension was for non cooperation) or are dismissing the judge as a pats fan (hes probably jets fan in NYC) than your Delusional!

7. It's all a Game: remember football should be for entertainment purposes, don't get your heart rate up just because the world doesn't agree with your opinions.
    Please Make Sense

2. Post thanked by:

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Deflationgate = Complete & Utter Overreaction

Darius gets 1 game for a minor drug thing.
    Brady gets a pat on the back for cheating the league.

Sounds fair.

4. Post thanked by:

sukie (09-03-2015),trapezeus (09-03-2015),YardRat (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Goodell feels "deflated"

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Mike and Spartacus need to get a room.

7. Post thanked by:

POTLAND PSILBYLO (09-03-2015),trapezeus (09-03-2015)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,789 Times in 3,334 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's nothing Brady could do if the NFL goes Pete Rose on him after retirement. That would have been my settlement leverage. Also NFL can find Brady. $50M sounds good to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the interesting thing is that the nfl has protected the pats with bizarre rule calls and oddly timed penalties throughout this 15y run. if the league just ensures that the pats have the same game day experience as the other 31 teams, then they are fairly harmless.
    -when the team runs an illegal formation and converts a big momentum turning 3rd down, maybe they get flagged like the other 31 teams do.
    - when a TE formation is illegal and the TE goes for a 41 yard TD, it's called back like it is for the other 31 teams.
    - when a player slaps his own guys helmet after a 4th and 1 stop, it isn't converted to an automatic first down and 15 yards.
    -when the qb clearly fumbles the ball, another fake rule isn't brought in to keep them in the game.
    - when youre qb gets hit legally, you don't have to worry about a 15 yard phantom penalty
    - when your qb mouths off incessantly, he gets an unsportsmanlike penalty.

it's all so simple, yet i know they'll still be the darling of the league. because that big boston fan base only shows up when the team is relevant.

10. Post thanked by:

YardRat (09-03-2015)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Darius gets 1 game for a minor drug thing.
    Brady gets a pat on the back for cheating the league.

Sounds fair.
    Darius got 1 game for racing.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Patriots know how to toe the line, better than any team in the league. Belichick's substitutions last year for example. Not illegal at the time, but certainly not fair to the opposing team. He found the loophole and exploited it. Most likely same situation here, every QB has a preference the Patriots likely found a PSI that worked for Brady and seemingly helped ball security. Was it illegal? I don't know. Likely, they just did it a little bit better than other teams.

I think as Bills fans we win twice in this scenario. Worst case was Brady had his suspension reduced to 1 game and we get all the media attention and an vengeful Brady.
    Also, the NFL and the Patriots are clearly at war. You can forget about favorable calls for the NFL golden ball. The playing field should be level from here on out.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    The Patriots know how to toe the line, better than any team in the league. Belichick's substitutions last year for example. Not illegal at the time, but certainly not fair to the opposing team. He found the loophole and exploited it. Most likely same situation here, every QB has a preference the Patriots likely found a PSI that worked for Brady and seemingly helped ball security. Was it illegal? I don't know. Likely, they just did it a little bit better than other teams.

I think as Bills fans we win twice in this scenario. Worst case was Brady had his suspension reduced to 1 game and we get all the media attention and an vengeful Brady.
    Also, the NFL and the Patriots are clearly at war. You can forget about favorable calls for the NFL golden ball. The playing field should be level from here on out.
    It was supposedly level after Spygate.

What happened then?
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Look at the fumble stats. If you think this only happened in one game that was a blowout, you're delusional. They've been doing it since the league starts allowing teams to provide their own balls.

Oh, and btw, the bring your own balls rule is at least the third rule the league made to help Brady, after the tuck rule and "no hitting below the knees" rule. No one gave a **** when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, but when it happened to Brady on a much less ,malicious play, RULE CHANGE!!!!

The league has coddled that team so bad. For once, Goodell attempts to stand up to Kraft and proves once and for all that he's nothing but Kraft's *****.

Expect another SB win for the Pats because NE has proven they can cheat and bully their way to titles and Goodell can't do anything to stop them.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the NFL's owners had any balls(so to speak)whatsoever, they'd move to IMMEDIATELY terminate Roger Goodell's contract. He has been in way over his head dating back to the BountyGate scandal. And he has shown himself to be an embarrassment to the NFL in more ways than one.

How about it, Terry and Kim Pegula? Will you be the ones to make the motion to get rid of this joke of a commish?
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

16. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (09-03-2015)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Look at the fumble stats. If you think this only happened in one game that was a blowout, you're delusional. They've been doing it since the league starts allowing teams to provide their own balls.

Oh, and btw, the bring your own balls rule is at least the third rule the league made to help Brady, after the tuck rule and "no hitting below the knees" rule. No one gave a **** when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, but when it happened to Brady on a much less ,malicious play, RULE CHANGE!!!!

The league has coddled that team so bad. For once, Goodell attempts to stand up to Kraft and proves once and for all that he's nothing but Kraft's *****.

Expect another SB win for the Pats because NE has proven they can cheat and bully their way to titles and Goodell can't do anything to stop them.
    No team can keep that luck going forever. Not even the Patriots.

I've got six words for you(courtesy of the man who spoke them, former pro wrestler...AND Bills fan...Taz): "The mood is about to change."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post

Disagree.

Goodell attempted to grow a pair and stand up to Kraft, Kraft *****-slapped him down to his place with the authority of federal courts. Kraft owns his sorry ass and Goodell won't cross him again. The Pats still get their calls.

19. Post thanked by:

YardRat (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look at the fumble stats.
    The fumble stats?

Is that what you guys are gonna cling to? That's pathetic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Disagree.

Goodell attempted to grow a pair and stand up to Kraft, Kraft *****-slapped him down to his place with the authority of federal courts. Kraft owns his sorry ass and Goodell won't cross him again. The Pats still get their calls.
    Sorry, but Kraft chickened out on this one. He didn't need to accept the million dollar, 1st round pick penalty.

What happened is Kraft trusted Goodell to do the right thing and got stabbed in the back.

NOW Kraft wants Roger's balls on a bonfire.

Goodell is a dead man walking.

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,789 Times in 3,334 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The fumble stats?

Yeah. Pshaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Welcome to the WWFL.

The rules, bylaws and CBA obviously aren't worth the toilet paper they are written on.

Goodell definitely needs to go, but so does Kraft, Belichek and Brady. The last 15 years has made the league a complete joke, and the four individuals mentioned are 100% complicit.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The fumble stats?

Yeah, who needs data that shows the Pats did something that's statically impossible to happen by random chance. **** the facts!

25. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are insane.

"No, no, I don't care what the judge said, I don't care that there's no proof, I don't even care if they WERE set up, I don't care because THE FUMBLE STATISTICS ARE IRREFUTABLE PROOF THEY CHEATED! There's no other explanation!"

A question - if the fumble stats are a slam dunk, how come they weren't used in the Wells report?

"Oh NOE2! Save us. stats nerds, SAVE THE INTEGRITY OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!"

27. Post thanked by:

Mike (09-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

look at the team's values since the pats have been winners and gotten a "fanbase". In the 90's the bills, one of the lowest valued teams was 300-400MM. They were sold for $1.4BN in 2014. Having the fairly populated northeast actually interested in football has helped every single team's value. If we really think the owners care about fair play, we are being delusional.

they've let this charade go on so long that it's impossible to stop. frankly, if i was goodell, i would sing like a canary about spygate and why i destroyed the tapes. i would say, "there was more than enough evidence that they should have their championships revoked and we have enough teams asking about it, that i took the relatively mild approach of suspending one guy 4 games. boston should have just thanked me and been on its way. now we should look at clipping all 4 superbowls and expose the pats for what they are. clear cheaters."

That would be entertaining television.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are insane.

"No, no, I don't care what the judge said, I don't care that there's no proof, I don't even care if they WERE set up, I don't care because THE FUMBLE STATISTICS ARE IRREFUTABLE PROOF THEY CHEATED! There's no other explanation!"

A question - if the fumble stats are a slam dunk, how come they weren't used in the Wells report?

"Oh NOE2! Save us. stats nerds, SAVE THE INTEGRITY OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!"
    says the guy who can't write the letter z.