• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: McFumbles gone to at least week 6.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The article mentioned Darby but it didn't say who the starters are. Maybe they just meant that he'll play nickel. But we are playing two teams who run a lot of 4 and 5 Wr sets so he'll see a lot of time even if he's the nickel.
    Yep - with the rules today, nickel coverage is pretty common. As is interior DL pressure to harry the qb becomes the way to combat the changes, I see BUF vulnerable on the edge runs - both Hughes and Williams are sack number hogs. If I game planning against BUF, I'd direct my players to give both of them a heavy shot in the gut during a couple of throw-away rb sweeps so their eyes would twinkle on getting that sack - then run and control the clock.

I'd also do something to tick off Kevin Williams - he's a dirty player IMO - and I think I can get penalty yards out of his actions.

None of what I type is original - how to handle BUF is pretty well known. The bombastic HC Ryan - every other club knows his tendencies - expands the possibilities.

I know that BUF under Jauron, Levy, etc., went overboard over top DB picks, but if you have what seems to be a solid DL, well, that's the time to stock up.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
      Yep - with the rules today, nickel coverage is pretty common. As is interior DL pressure to harry the qb becomes the way to combat the changes, I see BUF vulnerable on the edge runs - both Hughes and Williams are sack number hogs. If I game planning against BUF, I'd direct my players to give both of them a heavy shot in the gut during a couple of throw-away rb sweeps so their eyes would twinkle on getting that sack - then run and control the clock.

I'd also do something to tick off Kevin Williams - he's a dirty player IMO - and I think I can get penalty yards out of his actions.

None of what I type is original - how to handle BUF is pretty well known. The bombastic HC Ryan - every other club knows his tendencies - expands the possibilities.

I know that BUF under Jauron, Levy, etc., went overboard over top DB picks, but if you have what seems to be a solid DL, well, that's the time to stock up.
      Give me the option of a dominant DL with mediocre DB's vs dominant DB's with a mediocre DL, I'll take the better DL every time. The game and rules are designed to favor WR's over CB's, and even the best DB in the game won't be able to cover a top WR for more than 5 seconds tops. If their QB can't get the ball off clean, it doesn't matter if they have WR's running free all day.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
        No Darby is good. He was left on an island. Blah, blah, blah.

I start a thread that he sucks and the homers are all in my face. Now everyone is concerned. News flash: no ****!!!!
        Oh puhlease. You were impressed with Darby and predicted Darby will be a starter then you changed your mind. Then you told us to wrap our arms around Cassel being the starter.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jimmifli
          • Nov 2006

Gilmore and Graham starting. Nickel in the nickel. Darby plays the dime. Brooks rides the pine.

Let Williams & Williams play safety. I think that puts our best 5 DBs on the field for most situations.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

I'd take Darby over Duke Williams on the field.

All that stuff about Darby never getting thrown at though? I think he literally doesn't know what it's like to be thrown at.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Give me the option of a dominant DL with mediocre DB's vs dominant DB's with a mediocre DL, I'll take the better DL every time. The game and rules are designed to favor WR's over CB's, and even the best DB in the game won't be able to cover a top WR for more than 5 seconds tops. If their QB can't get the ball off clean, it doesn't matter if they have WR's running free all day.
              I'd go for the DL strength, too. And use it for what it is. But with Ryan's defensive predilections - blitzing, 8 in the box - I think you are going to put a lot on the db's...they will likely have to step up in run support on case a rb slips through (Spiller got a lot of his big yards as teams stacked or blitzed and he popped through the line, leaving him having to beat db arm tackles).

And when they step up in run support, they potentially open the backfield to a receiver (not the star player) slipping out for an easy catch and decent YPC.

Personally, given decent interior pressure by the DTs along with having to manage the starting DE's sack-first mindset, I would tone down blitzing.

I'm a fan of cb or safety blitzing - speed to the ball carrier, and keeping my linebackers, well, backing the line and being some yards back to stymie the qb's short pass game.

Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-08-2015, 01:48 PM.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• emoulds80
                Veteran Zoner
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                Gilmore and Graham starting. Nickel in the nickel. Darby plays the dime. Brooks rides the pine.

Let Williams & Williams play safety. I think that puts our best 5 DBs on the field for most situations.
                that may happen. just dont want the colts to know that... either way, i think in a month once darby calms down and adjusts he will be really good

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                  • Feb 2009

Funny how this thread died and was archived. I would be interested in OpIv's feelings now towards Darby. I realize it's one game, however the kid played good.I was more impressed on well he hit and tackled. Probably should be benched for letting Luck bring him down on the interception return.
                  http://m.buffalobills.com/news/artic...a-cd06ea2c309f

So Darby makes his first two starts against Brady and Luck. That'll be fun....

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Darby got burned a few times early but played well overall. It's only one game though. Hopefully he holds his own against Brady- could go either way.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

Much respect to luck for making the tackle. Tom Brady would never put himself out there like that
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Darby got burned a few times early but played well overall. It's only one game though. Hopefully he holds his own against Brady- could go either way.
                        What the ****, are you turning into better days?

Could go either way???

No, there's only one way this goes.

Brady abuses Darby like he's old pair of Tom Brady's gay Uggs.
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Darby had a great game. This thread is what's gay.

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                            Darby had a great game. This thread is what's gay.
                            Luck has a slow release.

Brady does not.

Trust me, Darby gets owned next week.
                            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                            X