Thread: Fantasy 2015 - How do you think I did?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fantasy 2015 - How do you think I did?

We had our draft last night. 12-team league 3WR standard scoring. I was picking 9th overall. Here is my roster followed by each pick:

QB - Sam Bradford
    RB - Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart, Doug Martin, Knile Davis, David Johnson, Jerick McKinnon
    WR - Jordan Matthews, Steve Smith, Allen Robinson, Nelson Agholor, Devin Funchess, Allen Hurns
    TE - Rob Gronkowski
    K - Brandon McManus
    DEF - Cardinals

9 - Rob Gronkowski - TE - NE
    16 - Jeremy Hill - RB - CIN
    33 - Jonathan Stewart - RB - CAR
    40 - Jordan Matthews - WR - PHI
    57 - Doug Martin - RB - TB
    64 - Steve Smith - WR - BAL
    81 - Allen Robinson - WR - JAC
    88 - Nelson Agholor - WR - PHI
    105 - Devin Funchess - WR - CAR
    112 - Sam Bradford - QB - PHI
    129 - Cardinals - DEF - ARI (Autopick)
    136 - Knile Davis - RB - KC
    153 - David Johnson - RB - ARI
    160 - Allen Hurns - WR - JAC
    177 - Brandon McManus - K - DEN
    184 - Jerick McKinnon - RB - MIN (Autopick)

A few interesting guys available are Matt Jones, Markus Wheaton, Kamar Aiken, Tyrod Taylor
    Last edited by ELAYAS; 09-09-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Fantasy 2015 - How do you think I did?

I'd be nervous running with Bradford as your only QB given his injury history.

3. Post thanked by:

ELAYAS (09-09-2015)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yuck.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Yuck.
    Care to elaborate?

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ELAYAS View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    This team sucks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    This team sucks.
    Thanks, that was enlightening.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks, that was enlightening.
    I'll elaborate. You have one QB with a very bad injury history, and you've also double down on two of his wideouts so if he goes down (and on your bye) you lose a huge chunk of offense. You've also doubled down on Jaguars, which I guess is a cue that you are high on Bortles, but I am not. You also have several guys playing against your fantasy defense in the playoffs.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

9. Post thanked by:

ELAYAS (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Now, this was enlightening regarding your opinion. Thank you!

I'm taking a chance with the eagles because of the number of plays they run, that's why they were rated high on my board. As for QBs, I don't care much about them (should have mentioned it's a 4pt per pass TD league). Never drafted one high, always replaced them with nice enough production from waiver guys. QBs are easily replaceable, there's no much drop in production.

About the jaguars, I'm high on Robinson, Hurns is pretty much a dart throw, as I've read some good things about him.

Some tilt during my draft picked a defense high for me instead of the next guy on my list. I don't care much about the Cardinals this year, but I'll play the matchups with some waiver picks.

Really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now, this was enlightening regarding your opinion. Thank you!

I'm taking a chance with the eagles because of the number of plays they run, that's why they were rated high on my board. As for QBs, I don't care much about them (should have mentioned it's a 4pt per pass TD league). Never drafted one high, always replaced them with nice enough production from waiver guys. QBs are easily replaceable, there's no much drop in production.

About the jaguars, I'm high on Robinson, Hurns is pretty much a dart throw, as I've read some good things about him.

Some tilt during my draft picked a defense high for me instead of the next guy on my list. I don't care much about the Cardinals this year, but I'll play the matchups with some waiver picks.

Really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!
    Hurns might be good but as IlluminatusUIUC eluded you're double up on WRs team, I tried this ages ago with Scott Mitchell, Michael Jackson and Brett Perriman in Baltimore and it cost me severely. So now I rarely double up QB/WR/RB on the same team as it puts too much pressure for the Eagles to be on every week. I'd try and move Nelson Agholor and Martin for a solid #2 RB and maybe and a WR who might step up this year (see a Robert Woods type). You might be wise dumping Hurns and getting a back up QB. I'm also indifferent about your RBs. Hill was great down the stretch last year but DeAngelo might get limited carries after Week 2. Martin has a chance but I am sour after having him last year and not sure their OL has improved enough and playing with a rookie QB spells a lot of 8 in the box defenses.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 09-09-2015 at 12:56 PM.

12. Post thanked by:

ELAYAS (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Hurns might be good but as IlluminatusUIUC eluded you're double up on WRs team, I tried this ages ago with Scott Mitchell, Michael Jackson and Brett Perriman in Baltimore and it cost me severely. So now I rarely double up QB/WR/RB on the same team as it puts too much pressure for the Eagles to be on every week. I'd try and move Nelson Agholor and Martin for a solid #2 RB and maybe and a WR who might step up this year (see a Robert Woods type). You might be wise dumping Hurns and getting a back up QB. I'm also indifferent about your RBs. Hill was great down the stretch last year but DeAngelo might get limited carries after Week 2. Martin has a chance but I am sour after having him last year and not sure their OL has improved enough and playing with a rookie QB spells a lot of 8 in the box defenses.
    I see your points about doubling on WRs. This is the first time I'm trying it, maybe I'll end up being burnt by it.

The trade suggestions are noted. I guess Martin can have a couple good games due to volume, since Mike Evans is still sidelined, and matchups (TEN, @NO).

Just one thing: I don't have DeAngelo subbing for LeVeon Bell in Pittsburgh, it's Carolina Panthers' Stewart.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I see your points about doubling on WRs. This is the first time I'm trying it, maybe I'll end up being burnt by it.

The trade suggestions are noted. I guess Martin can have a couple good games due to volume, since Mike Evans is still sidelined, and matchups (TEN, @NO).

Just one thing: I don't have DeAngelo subbing for LeVeon Bell in Pittsburgh, it's Carolina Panthers' Stewart.
    Whoops, sorry. Stewart is a question mark. I prefer him as a #3 than a #2.

15. Post thanked by:

ELAYAS (09-09-2015)