A friendly reminder as to why we should temper our enthusiasm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

A friendly reminder as to why we should temper our enthusiasm....

2002- Started 5-3, ended 8-8
    2003- Started 2-0 with two huge victories, finished 6-10
    2005- Won the first game and everyone was excited about Losman, finished 5-11
    2008- Started 4-0, finished 7-9
    2011- Won the first 3 and got to 5-2, finished 6-10 (lost 7 straight and 8 of the last 9)
    2014- Won the first 2, got to 5-3, finished with a winning record of 9-7 but still missed the playoffs

In each of those seasons, some off-season changes and early success got the national hype machine going, and the team failed to live up to the hype every single time.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: A friendly reminder as to why we should temper our enthusiasm....

The toughest part of the schedule are the first three games. It will be a great litmus test for the Bills. Only one team will win it all by end of season but many teams will have good seasons. If the Bills come out of the first three games 2-1 I say enjoy the ride. Its been a long time coming. It doesn't mean the Bills will be Super Bowl Champs. Its just means I am enjoying some competitive football out of the boys in Orchard Park. Nothing wrong with that is there?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

forget that. I'm enjoying this win.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Thanks for the reminder Op (/sarcasm)...however Im not getting too excited until we beat the Pats. At that point Im going to get extremely excited.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

I don't understand why people try to convince other people to temper their enthusiasm. Do they do this because they want to be able to look back at their thread when we end up sucking for an 'I told you so' moment? Are they genuinely concerned over our mental state and are worried that we're not going to be able to emotionally handle the let down of missing the playoffs for a 16th straight year? I don't get it, we're all Bills fans and know full well how to handle the emotional roller coaster that is the NFL season.

Can you explain to me the point of starting a thread like this?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Rex and all the off-season moves bringing national attention, all the national guys talking up the D and Taylor, a big victory over a good team, Sportscenter broadcasting from the stadium....

This has all the makings of a typical Buffalo sports let down.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              I don't understand why people try to convince other people to temper their enthusiasm. Do they do this because they want to be able to look back at their thread when we end up sucking for an 'I told you so' moment? Are they genuinely concerned over our mental state and are worried that we're not going to be able to emotionally handle the let down of missing the playoffs for a 16th straight year? I don't get it, we're all Bills fans and know full well how to handle the emotional roller coaster that is the NFL season.

Can you explain to me the point of starting a thread like this?
              I'm just reminding people that history has proven that one exciting victory doesn't mean jack ****. You want to put yourself on an emotional roller coaster and look like a moron for getting so excited before we fail, go right ahead. I can't stop you.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gameboy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                I'm just reminding people that history has proven that one exciting victory doesn't mean jack ****. You want to put yourself on an emotional roller coaster and look like a moron for getting so excited before we fail, go right ahead. I can't stop you.
                Well, as a fan for many, many decades, I'm real excited.

I have never looked "like a moron" on Monday.

This is a professional sports team, in the community I grew up in. I couldn't be more excited.

Super excited. Totally excited.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

good point

as long as shes putting on pregame mascara they are a championship quality team. and cheaters

im not expecting nuthin except seeing if this years early team finally might be the seven pm hot bar chick or the three am hot bar chick
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

So it's because you're genuinely concerned for our emotional health?

It kind of sounds like you're looking for an 'I told you so' moment though, it's hard sayin' not knowin'.

...look like a moron for getting so excited before we fail...
                    Getting excited for Bills football does not make anyone look like a moron..jesus. Claiming we're going to win the Superbowl after a single week does, but excitement and enjoyment absolutely does not.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

One word:

Talent

for as long as I remembered since the last time the Bills made the playoff, this team has more talent than any of teams in those years, and that include coaching talent.

Forget about defense. Let's look at offense, of the starting 11, Watkins, Harvin, Clay, Felton, McCoy can probably start for any team in the league. In those years since 2000, we do not have that many players who can start for other teams defense and offense combined.

Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 09-16-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                        Thanks for the reminder Op (/sarcasm)...however Im not getting too excited until we beat the Pats. At that point Im going to get extremely excited.
                        What he said.

Op's right in that we've been here before. And this season might prove that the Colts really aren't that good. But if we beat the Pats too--particularly if Taylor puts on another solid showing--then I think we can start feeling really good about where things are headed. I mean, do we have to wait until we actually make the playoffs to get excited? The point of being a fan is enjoyment.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

I'm excited, but tempering it with the fact that it s a real, long, season.

I do believe that we have enough pieces to get into the playoffs, and put my money where my mouth is financially, as did Lecter, Philster, Mike, et al.

We already gave them our credit cards for playoff tix. (If they don;t make it nothing is charged)

I wanna see them beat NE and Miami, then not have a letdown against the Giants, whom I consider an inferior team on the way down.

THEN I will be completely sold.

Comment

• gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

My excitation meter is pegged.

Can't wait.

Screw Op, (in a positive way-however that's done).
                            Last edited by Captain gameboy; 09-16-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

On Dec 6, 2015 ~Dummy will be making his first appearance in Rich Stadium since January 21, 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X