Thread: Geno Smith is "extremely angry"

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Geno Smith is "extremely angry"

Geno Smith ‘extremely angry’ watching Ryan Fitzpatrick lead Jets

"I'm extremely (angry)," Smith told Newsday when asked how he felt about missing time with an injury, and effectively, losing his starting role. “But I have to keep my temper down. I can't exhibit that in the locker room, I can't exhibit that on a daily basis. I just feel for my family more because they enjoy seeing me out there."

Smith suffered a broken jaw when former Jets defensive lineman IK Enemkpali punched him over a $600 debt in August.

Now in his third year in the NFL, Smith has to watch his backup lead his team to victory — something he’s trying to cope with.

"If I was playing bad and got benched, that's on me. But for something like that to happen, it's like… what can you do? You've just got to, kind of, weather the storm and move on from there,” Smith said. "You want to say, OK, it's Fitz's team? But that's kind of pinning me and him against each other. We're all in this thing together. It's a collective bond, and it was that way when I was projected the starter and when I got hurt it was that way. And right now it's the same way."

In the Jets’ opening win, Fitzpatrick was 15 of 24 for 179 yards and two touchdowns. He’ll have a tougher task in Week 2 when the Jets travel to Indianapolis to take on the Colts on Monday Night Football.
    Last edited by swiper; 09-18-2015 at 04:24 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-18-2015),trapezeus (09-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Geno Smith is "extremely angry"

Geno isn't getting the job back any time soon.
    Geno's biggest mistake was not emulating Fitzpatrick. If he had grown a beard like Fitz has, IK's punch would have had a much softer landing and he would have never had a broken jaw. The Fitzpatrick beard isn't just for decoration, it's added protection. Smith can learn something from the Harvard guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    Geno isn't getting the job back any time soon.
    Geno's biggest mistake was not emulating Fitzpatrick. If he had grown a beard like Fitz has, IK's punch would have had a much softer landing and he would have never had a broken jaw. The Fitzpatrick beard isn't just for decoration, it's added protection. Smith can learn something from the Harvard guy.
    Saw this. Happy for Fitz. He is what he is, but it's hard not to like the guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-quarterback/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well if he becomes FitzTragic again Geno will get his job back.