Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seattle/Green Bay.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Seattle/Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I don't particularly not like Clements, but I just can't agree with your glorified view of him, so it's argument for the sake of argument, and lately I'm losing interest in that too for some reason.
    I lost my taste for argument for arguments sake decades ago, however that's not what this is, there's a reason for you acting like this.

Once again I ask you, were you a Losmaniac?

I can smell them from continents away and there's a distinct aroma coming from your direction, as you haven't said anything intelligent yet and I'm not gonna waste my time going point to point, showing you the errors you intentionally made.

In Clements, we have a guy who's gone from success to success in his life, with his only glitch being getting involved with people who make decisions because of man-crushes rather than intelligent and objective analysis.

In Losman, we have an ass hole who alienated everyone around him, had a giant sense of entitlement and skated for 5 years on the support of a bunch of beer swilling idiots that wanted to **** him, until his contract ran out and NOT ONE TEAM WOULD OFFER HIM A JOB AS A 3RD STRING QB.

And yet you're still going to bat for a guy that's been out of the league for 5 years while the guy you're slagging, a guy who's so valuable McCarthy will fo anything to keep him, wins Superbowls and MVP awards with his protege.

That's stupid and mean-spirited, but I'm sure you can go cry on the shoulders of Wagon, Feldspar and Joe fo sho. They'll have your back. They were Losmaniacs too.
    Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 10-06-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What is the alleged point of this discussion? I've forgotten it, if there was one.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I lost my taste for argument for arguments sake decades ago, however that's not what this is, there's a reason for you acting like this.

Once again I ask you, were you a Losmaniac?

I can smell them from continents away and there's a distinct aroma coming from your direction, as you haven't said anything intelligent yet and I'm not gonna waste my time going point to point, showing you the errors you intentionally made.

In Clements, we have a guy who's gone from success to success in his life, with his only glitch being getting involved with people who make decisions because of man-crushes rather than intelligent and objective analysis.

In Losman, we have an ass hole who alienated everyone around him, had a giant sense of entitlement and skated for 5 years on the support of a bunch of beer swilling idiots that wanted to **** him, until his contract ran out and NOT ONE TEAM WOULD OFFER HIM A JOB AS A 3RD STRING QB.

And yet you're still going to bat for a guy that's been out of the league for 5 years while the guy you're slagging, a guy who's so valuable McCarthy will fo anything to keep him, wins Superbowls and MVP awards with his protege.

That's stupid and mean-spirited, but I'm sure you can go cry on the shoulders of Wagon, Feldspar and Joe fo sho. They'll have your back. They were Losmaniacs too.
    I don't think I'm a Losmaniac, no. I've said before I was excited when we got him, expected a mobile run and shoot thing, became aggravated when they worked on making him a pocket passer instead, became more aggravated when they brought Edwards in, because it didn't show me any development process, and finally became aggravated with Losman also because he got worse, like I became aggravated with Edwards who also got worse.

I'm not going to bat for Losman, besides your obsession with him, it has nothing to do with him. I think Clements isn't that good. Reread the posts maybe.

I don't cry on anyone. It has nothing to do with Losman. It's about Clements and how I think you have a crush on him, and that's fine, but I don't. His career flatlined in the cozy embrace of people who could care for him. That's fine too.

But it still is what it is and you sort of have to accept he's a career QB coach snuggled in the embrace of McCarthy & Rodgers who make his job easier.

Otherwise well, other teams would have wanted him, and he'd have gone on to bigger and better things.

Your Losman obsession is one thing, but now your obsessed with making it about Losman while being obsessed with Clements and obsessing about getting me to keep debating it.

It's kind of obsessive. I don't know how else to say it. Simply, I think you're wrong about Clements, clearly so, it's obvious, I'm not going to believe you, you won't believe me, I mean what's the point besides arguing for arguments sake, that you say you don't do ?

You say "there must be a reason I'm acting like this", I told you. Clements isn't all that, you're wrong. There must be a reason why I lost interest in debating it ? It's because Clements isn't all that and you're wrong. I already told you why.

No idea other than that, where you're coming from. I wanted to express myself, just did again, and that's that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    What is the alleged point of this discussion? I've forgotten it, if there was one.
    I like watching Green Bay after a loss, because they play competent capable football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think I'm a Losmaniac, no. I've said before I was excited when we got him, expected a mobile run and shoot thing, became aggravated when they worked on making him a pocket passer instead, became more aggravated when they brought Edwards in, because it didn't show me any development process, and finally became aggravated with Losman also because he got worse, like I became aggravated with Edwards who also got worse.
    Edwards has nothing to do with it. That was after the die was cast. This is about 2004 and 2005.

Were you excited or aggravated when Troy Vincent broke his leg for being a hotdog in training camp his rookie year?

Were you excited or aggravated when Losman was asked to go into a game late in the year and he was so surprised, they had to wait for him to take off his sweats. Then, adter going 1 - 5 and looking like a deer in the headlights, he admitted after the game he wasn't familiar with a lot of the playbook?

Were you excited or aggravated when they let Bledsoe go and announced Losman was the starter?

Were you excited or aggravated when they signed Kelly Holcomb to back up Losman?

Were you excited or aggravated when Losman was yanked after a 1 - 3 start and Holcomb went in?

Were you excited or aggravated when Eric Moulds went to Ralph late in the season on behalf of the players and begged him to let Mularkey put Holcomb back in after Losman had reached 1 - 7 as a starter?

And finally, were you excited or aggravated when Clements was fired and Mularkey quit and Losman stayed?

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,537 Times in 2,764 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yup.

Not only that, but their OC was our OC until he was fired by Ralph for not agreeing with Ralph's decision to let Bledsoe walk and start Losman.

Single biggest Bills bungle of the 21st century.
    Or sitting Flutie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Green Bay goes 5 - 0.

Anyone that's interested, you can read Tom Clements resume here.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/...f-00f437249c9f

If you read it, you'll see a history of success after success. Except for 2005, which sticks out like a sore thumb.

So, we have Tom Clements, undefeated National Championship QB for Notre Dame and Ara Parseghian, HOF career in the CFL, Economics degree and Magna *** Laude Law Degree, successful legal career, then his NFL career.

On the other side, we have loser JP Losman, a failure for 5 years in the NFL as well as a major dick, who's only claim to fame was as the object of affection of a bunch of Bills fans that are only notable for their stupidity and dickheadedness.

And yet 10 years later, the Losmaniacs, stupid and venal as ever, STILL complain that Clements sucks and we were smart to get rid of him.

It's so unbelievably dumb, it's staggering.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seven ways Donahoe destroyed the Bills

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/1/816875/seven-ways-donahoe-destroyed-the

Mistake #7: Choosing Tom Clements over Ken Whisenhunt
    Then-Steelers coach Bill Cowher told Mularkey that he could have his pick from the Steelers staff to be his offensive coordinator - either QB coach Tom Clements, or tight ends coach Ken Whisenhunt. Mularkey wanted Whisenhunt, but Donahoe, who apparently thought he knew the Steelers staff better then a man who was a part of said staff for eight years, overruled Mularkey and took Clements instead. Over the next three years, the Steelers would never have an overall offensive ranking below 16. Meanwhile, the Bills never got above 25. Whisenhunt is now the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals, and took one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL to the Super Bowl last year. Tom Clements is now the Green Bay Packers' quarterbacks coach.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Seven ways Donahoe destroyed the Bills

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/1/816875/seven-ways-donahoe-destroyed-the

Mistake #7: Choosing Tom Clements over Ken Whisenhunt
    Then-Steelers coach Bill Cowher told Mularkey that he could have his pick from the Steelers staff to be his offensive coordinator - either QB coach Tom Clements, or tight ends coach Ken Whisenhunt. Mularkey wanted Whisenhunt, but Donahoe, who apparently thought he knew the Steelers staff better then a man who was a part of said staff for eight years, overruled Mularkey and took Clements instead. Over the next three years, the Steelers would never have an overall offensive ranking below 16. Meanwhile, the Bills never got above 25. Whisenhunt is now the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals, and took one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL to the Super Bowl last year. Tom Clements is now the Green Bay Packers' quarterbacks coach.

1. Your link doesn't work so I have no idea who the brainiac is you're quoting.

2. Get up to date daddy-o, Clements title is now Associate Head Coach - Offense. Essentially co - head coach. Some other dude has come on to take over the grunt work and title of Offensive co-ordinator. Alex Van Pelt is now the QB coach. And since this little piece of hilarity (and I bet my bottom dollar it was written by a Losman fan-boy) was written, good old Ken Whisenhunt was fired from the team the writer was so impressed with.

But hey, thanks for wasting my time in another futile attempt to get me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Packers beat Chargers 27 - 20, despite 500+ yds performance by Phillip Rivers, to go into bye week at 6 - 0.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Packers beat Chargers 27 - 20, despite 500+ yds performance by Phillip Rivers, to go into bye week at 6 - 0.
    Must have been because we got rid of Tom Clements.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Must have been because we got rid of Tom Clements.
    That's because of Losman, just like everything else.

And by extension, it's YOUR fault for being a Losmaniac.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Mace.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-18-2015 at 09:47 PM.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-19-2015)