• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Kiko likely out for year.

we still have to give it a season. but i think we are in the driver seat of winning. but a RB can go down for along period of time too. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Man I feel bad for the kid.
      I do too because his body is clearly not made for football.

He gave us 8 great games in the first half of 2013, declined noticeably down the stretch and missed all of 2014. Now this.

He wasn't even slated to start for the Bills, prior to the trade but many here think we lost in the trade for McCoy. Incredible. It's just a phone call that came out of nowhere from Chip Kelly and it couldn't have taken more than a minute to say Yes.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
        Sprained knee per Chip Kelly....... day to day
        That's good news. I hope he can play against the Jets on Sunday.

I love Kiko, but I think the Eagles might have better off keeping McCoy. They only have 34-yards rushing over the first two games, which is pathetic. DeMarco Murray, who basically got the exact same contract as Shady, is off to the worst start in NFL history...literally.

Now Murray left practice with a hamstring today (Wednesday). I know Shady has been dealing with a hamstring too, but he's been playing pretty well. Murray, on the other hand, has only 11 yards on 21 carries over two games...he's averaging half-a-yard. His longest run was 9-yards; apart from that, he's gained TWO YARDS ON TWENTY CARRIES. Yikes, but that's horrendous.
        Last edited by feldspar; 09-23-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
          After seeing McCoy make something out of nothing behind this line last week, does anyone want to argue that we didn't win this trade now?
          Sure, I will. Can't say it for sure of course, atm it's advantage Bills besides spending way too much for a running back when they are easily found by teams with decent scouting who are looking for them.

But it's a long season yet, and there's just no way to know how it plays out. As much as I liked Alonso, he's gone, as much as I didn't like McCoy, he's here. So I want McCoy to succeed here and light it up. There's a ways to go yet though.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

****Actually, the Eagles have 70 yards rushing so far this year, not 34. Still bad. Still almost HALF of what the second-to-last team has. Doesn't seem it will get much better against the Jets this week. Hope I'm wrong.

But the Bills are 3rd in rushing yards, and tied for first in average YPC. Taylor probably helped with that, no doubt.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              I love Kiko, but I think the Eagles might have better off keeping McCoy. They only have 34-yards rushing over the first two games, which is pathetic. DeMarco Murray, who basically got the exact same contract as Shady, is off to the worst start in NFL history...literally.

Now Murray left practice with a hamstring today (Wednesday). I know Shady has been dealing with a hamstring too, but he's been playing pretty well. Murray, on the other hand, has only 11 yards on 21 carries over two games...he's averaging half-a-yard. His longest run was 9-yards; apart from that, he's gained TWO YARDS ON TWENTY CARRIES. Yikes, but that's horrendous.
              no one saw that coming after a 500 carry season? that's pretty much standard when a rb carries the rock as much as murray did last year.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                no one saw that coming after a 500 carry season? that's pretty much standard when a rb carries the rock as much as murray did last year.
                A dropoff or an injury is pretty much expected, but Murray has been historically bad.

TBH I think it's a bigger effect of cutting their two starting guards and replacing them with bums.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

After seeing McCoy make something out of nothing behind this line last week, does anyone want to argue that we didn't win this trade now?
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Right now it's looking like we won but it's only been two games.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i didn't realize murray's stats were so bad. We haven't even seen his fumbling issues yet. it could get much worse.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Right now it's looking like we won but it's only been two games.
                        there's the OP i know and love. turn a beautiful pot of honey into 'we're all gonna get stung by bees'
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

That's too bad for Kiko. Loved the guy while he was here and was sad to see him go but we dodged a big time bullet there.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                            Did you have to post a picture of Miley Cyrus?
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Swapping Kiko, who they found out they didn't need, for Shady, an All-Pro RB in his prime, made the trade a win for the Bills from the beginning. The only question was whether it would prove to be a win for the Eagles. It's early but Kiko looks done and Murray doesn't look anything like the player he was last year. Maybe that will change, but I doubt Kiko ever lives up to his potential.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                                • Aug 2013

The legend of Kiko Alonso will remain just that.

Comment

Working...
                                X