• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Sabres goal song vote

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I like Blackout and the Irish in me likes the punk covers of Irish songs but I agree.

But let's face it- most 90s punk bands peaked on their 2nd or 3rd album. It's all downhill after people who aren't into punk take notice.
    Op, don't be a Flavor of the Weak

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Swords. You can hear fans getting into singing that one and it is a natural fit for the team name. People are going to get so sick of "Let me clear my throat" if it wins.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
        • Feb 2013

looking for Sabres goal horn on YouTube and this came up...somebody incorporated "Swords" into NHL16

this song could catch on VERY QUICKLY if it wins! imagine a sold out First Niagara Center and the Sabres score a goal and the crowd of 20,000 errupts and starts singing the words to swords in unison

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
          looking for Sabres goal horn on YouTube and this came up...somebody incorporated "Swords" into NHL16

this song could catch on VERY QUICKLY if it wins! imagine a sold out First Niagara Center and the Sabres score a goal and the crowd of 20,000 errupts and starts singing the words to swords in unison
          I agree that the chorus of "Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah, Yea" is a good chant but the way it was presented in the vote it took a long time to get to it that it might not get the votes but as the page even mentions it's not solely going to be based on fan votes so the Sabres could easily skew the results to be the song they want ultimately I hope it's not Let Me Clear My Throat.

Comment

• ckg927
            Not quite Best in the World....
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
            Swords. You can hear fans getting into singing that one and it is a natural fit for the team name. People are going to get so sick of "Let me clear my throat" if it wins.
            I'm already sick of that song and it hasn't even WON!
            John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
            David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Please, people, stuff the ballot box for Swords. Even if you don't like it, it's much better than Let Me Clear My Throat.

I don't want every goal ruined with memories of my freshman year of college, drinking ****ty beer, listening to awful music surrounded by preps in Abercrombie sweaters because it was the only bar in town that would take my cheesy chalked ID.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

No thanks.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Childish Fake Voter
                  • Jul 2008

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of "Let Me Clear My Throat" as a celebration of Rick Jeanneret's victory against cancer.

Comment

• ckg927
                    Not quite Best in the World....
                    • Aug 2012

IC: Noted, but Let Me Clear My Throat does not equal goal song. Just another example: For years, Calgary used AC/DC's Shot Down In Flames as their goal song. Fitting, I will admit. Then a couple of seasons ago, they switched to Duck Sauce's "Barbra Streisand". That went over about as well as a fart in church. Currently, Monster Truck's Righteous Smoke is the goal song.
                    John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                      Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                      • Feb 2013

"Let me clear my throat is the song that Syracuse Orange basketball warms up to. That right there tells you that it's a song that belongs at a basketball game NOT

Comment

• ICRockets
                        Childish Fake Voter
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
                        "Let me clear my throat is the song that Syracuse Orange basketball warms up to. That right there tells you that it's a song that belongs at a basketball game NOT
                        The fact that you think this is a cogent argument explains so much.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Let me put it this way: music is subjective and it's very difficult to come to a consensus of what constitutes a bad song. But here's a good metric:

If hearing the first few notes of a song has ever made a bar full of 19 year old preppy white college girls go "WoooooooOOOOoooo!", it's a pretty ****ing bad song.

Hence, Let Me Clear My Throat should never be played again.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Let me put it this way: music is subjective and it's very difficult to come to a consensus of what constitutes a bad song. But here's a good metric:

If hearing the first few notes of a song has ever made a bar full of 19 year old preppy white college girls go "WoooooooOOOOoooo!", it's a pretty ****ing bad song.

Hence, Let Me Clear My Throat should never be played again.
                            I booked DJ Kool for a show in Columbia SC the same year that "Let Me Clear My Throat" came out.

Ten people showed up.

That song was stale the same year it came out.

I don't like any of the options, but the Swords is the least bad.
                            Last edited by WagonCircler; 10-07-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I just looked at it again. It says they aren't going to announce the winner- they are just going to play it when the Sabres score their first goal at home. So.... it could be a LONG time before we know the results.....
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICRockets
                                Childish Fake Voter
                                • Jul 2008

I just looked at it again. It says they aren't going to announce the winner- they are just going to play it when the Sabres score their first goal at home. So.... it could be a LONG time before we know the results.....
                                You do realize that our offense is the STRENGTH of this team now, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X