X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: Sabres goal song vote

Real Salt Lake of the MLS is lucky to have a great anthem. They play at Rio Tinto (the Riot), so there's that, but if a bunch of vanilla assed Mormons can have a cool original song, Buffalo can do better.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

you think lines gel in 6 games? Actually they can't gel because he keeps changing the lines to she what works best. This could take 20 to 30 games from what I hear until things really START to show.

We KNEW this would take a bit to get going didn't we? What don't we let it?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
        you think lines gel in 6 games? Actually they can't gel because he keeps changing the lines to she what works best. This could take 20 to 30 games from what I hear until things really START to show.

We KNEW this would take a bit to get going didn't we? What don't we let it?
        He said it was a strength. It's not a strength if the team goes 1/4 of the season or more without exhibiting it. Maybe it will be eventually but it certainly isn't right now.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          He said it was a strength. It's not a strength if the team goes 1/4 of the season or more without exhibiting it. Maybe it will be eventually but it certainly isn't right now.
          How dare he!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            We have 4 losses but 2 wins. You don't get 2 by luck. If you can't come up with a strength, in my book, you're nothing more than a critic.
            We won two games for two entirely different reasons. One was a 4 goal offensive output, the other was a grind-it-out 1-1 tie that we won in the shootout. I'm not saying the team doesn't have strenghts- I'm saying they haven't done any one thing consistently enough to call it a "strength" yet.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

We won two games for two entirely different reasons. One was a 4 goal offensive output, the other was a grind-it-out 1-1 tie that we won in the shootout. I'm not saying the team doesn't have strenghts- I'm saying they haven't done any one thing consistently enough to call it a "strength" yet.
              You haven't said they have a strength. But you're 'not saying the team doesn't have strengths"? Okley dokley.

Give it up. You're just being a douche. A poster says the teams strength is A, you say it's obviously not, it's, uhh, you don't know.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Real Salt Lake of the MLS is lucky to have a great anthem. They play at Rio Tinto (the Riot), so there's that, but if a bunch of vanilla assed Mormons can have a cool original song, Buffalo can do better.

https://youtu.be/Pa1DJ008t9Y
                I like the song but I thought it was so annoying when they changed the MLS teams to mimic european team names.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

You haven't said they have a strength. But you're 'not saying the team doesn't have strengths"? Okley dokley.

Give it up. You're just being a douche. A poster says the teams strength is A, you say it's obviously not, it's, uhh, you don't know.
                  He called something a strength that clearly isn't a strength. Me not identifying something else as a strength does not change that. But at least he was discussing hockey. You're trying to make this about me.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2008

He called something a strength that clearly isn't a strength. Me not identifying something else as a strength does not change that. But at least he was discussing hockey. You're trying to make this about me.
                    No, you've made it about you. "Look at me, I have something negative to say! Isn't that NEW and SHOCKING?!"

Comment

• ICRockets
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2008

But it's fine, you're such a buffoon that you think goals scored is the ONLY offensive stat in hockey. Your opinion means less than nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                        No, you've made it about you. "Look at me, I have something negative to say! Isn't that NEW and SHOCKING?!"
                        I didn't say anything negative. I stated reality. 11 goals in 6 games. I didn't make it up.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Op. It's less than 10 games in. So they went 55 minutes with out a goal at home. They still fought back and won. Which is a huge difference from last year. At the 8 minute mark I was done and thought they would lose. But they stayed with it and won. I was impressed for where they are at. Two games against SC division reps? And they were in those games. And shot differential isn't -84 or something ridiculous.

I I also love the goal song.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Let's revisit this:

I made it up to Buffalo for two games this year: The lackluster 2-1 NYE loss to the Islanders and the 4-1 dismantling of the Caps, which was by far their best game all season so far.

As much as I dislike the song, the way they edited it works great in the arena. The "Make some noise" part gets the crowd into it, and let's face it, the FNC hasn't exactly been loud the last couple of years. The fan base has been too beaten down and sometimes needs the extra encouragement to get into it.

I'd still prefer a rock song and I think Swords of a Thousand Men is much better, but this song fits far better than I thought it would.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                            X