Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most boring football ever

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Most boring football ever

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    "A football game that women, children and foreigners can enjoy is not a game a purist will love"
    Not for nothing, while that sounds good in theory, my 9 year old son and wife can't stand the barrage of flags. My wife will be one of the first to call out when some pansy stuff is happening. Football didn't become popular because of a flood of restrictions but rather for the hits and action.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Brother Shane View Post
    To watch a guy like Brady throw sixty 8-yard rub/pick routes is my idea of tedium. Since it's a copycat league and the Patriots are the current model of success, we're seeing one team after another adopt the same unwatchable formula.
    Oh you mean the same formula that Montana and the 49ers used 30 years ago?

But it was okay then?

Oh wait, I know why, because Bills fans are sick of the Patriots owning them for the past decade+ This is another topic that would just go away if the Bills were relevant.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Oh you mean the same formula that Montana and the 49ers used 30 years ago?

But it was okay then?

Oh wait, I know why, because Bills fans are sick of the Patriots owning them for the past decade+ This is another topic that would just go away if the Bills were relevant.
    The plays might be the same but the defense is far different.

This from a column by Ron Borges:

"Twenty-three of the top 35 single-season passing years have occurred since 2010. That’s 66 percent of the top single-season performances".

"What the game has turned into is basketball without hand checking. You can’t touch a receiver so they run freely all over the field. Joe Montana knows a thing or two about football, so I asked him last week what he thought of all those wide-open shallow crosses Julian Edelman makes a living from. His response was telling. “If we’d tried that, the receiver wouldn’t have played another game for a month,” Montana said.

In other words, he would have been decapitated. That’s what football was. What it’s become is a game where the McCown brothers, career backups, went 59-for-87 for 651 passing yards yesterday. The McCown brothers?

Maybe that entertains some people, but so does the tattooed lady and they both belong in the circus. If you believe what the NFL is selling you today is football, then you have no idea what football is supposed to be or what it was for most of its 90-year history. When the rules are so severely altered as to make the game unbalanced and leaning unfairly in one direction farther than the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it makes a mockery of the numbers."

4. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (09-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can't help but bump after tonight. I might add that Flacco is the luckiest and most overpaid player in the NFL.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have an idea! Lets make the NFL all about passing! In a league where we can't find 10 decent QB's! Excellent Roger!! Splendid Idea!! Then lets go play in Europe!! Splendid Roger, excellent idea.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cockrell making plays. Not good enough to even make our team

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I just watched 7 commercials and 5 minutes passed while they reviewed a call that should have taken 30 secs. But lets not stop the play clock on out of bounds plays and increase it to 40 secs to makes the games shorter, they're toooo long.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The NBA is poised to overtake the NFL within the next decade.

It has a progressive commissioner, and a bevy of young stars spread evenly across massive metropolitan areas.

The Finals did HUGE numbers this past spring, and the Warriors are a young team loaded with stars that love trying to score 150 points a night.

Additionally, they have an unstated MO to both unseat the NFL (ask Cubes) and aggressively expand into Europe first--with a division, not a team.

I swear, Heinz Field has been empty all night, and the place is dead.