McCoy out Sunday according to SI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: McCoy out Sunday according to SI

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
    yards per attempt is the only real meaningful stat, tho its still too early for these to be very meaningful anyway

league ranking offense

3 Bills 4.7
    25 NYG 3.6

league ranking defense

4 NYG 3.4
    26 Bills 4.3
    Is it? I would tend to lean toward an aggregation of multiple stats discussed in terms of situational information in order to paint a more true picture. If you're looking at the Miami game where they padded their YPC average against our nickel and dime defenses in the 4th quarter down by 3 scores, I'd say that stat is just as worthless as any other by itself.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

right. which is why i said the data is mostly meaningless with only three games played. not enough of a sample. by the end of the season YPA will be the most meaningful since all but the most extreme teams have a balanced pass/run ratio. the exception might be a team with a super elite qb like the cheaters (who is really really good, also a cheating ass hole) whose average might be higher bc they run a lot less so defenses are mostly prepared to defend the pass
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Ah I get it. So the Bills being the #1 rushing team after 3 games is meaningful but the Giants being the #2 rush D after 3 games isn't meaningful because it's only 3 games.
        Yep. That's exactly how it works if you take multiple posts and attribute them to one entity. This gets done all the time. "Oh! Look at how hypocritical Bills fans are because one guy said this and another guy said this." It doesn't work like that.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

In the terms of the Directv vs Cable commercial, we need to produce the cable version of Eli Manning this Sunday. I do caution that Rex vs Coughlin is not a good match up. Seems like Coughlin getting Rex's blitz scheme fairly well. In fact Rex has never beaten Coughlin in New York.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
            right. which is why i said the data is mostly meaningless with only three games played. not enough of a sample. by the end of the season YPA will be the most meaningful since all but the most extreme teams have a balanced pass/run ratio. the exception might be a team with a super elite qb like the cheaters (who is really really good, also a cheating ass hole) whose average might be higher bc they run a lot less so defenses are mostly prepared to defend the pass
            Exactly. Which is why a single stat in a vacuum doesn't work. I'm agreeing with you and going farther to say that even that single stat doesn't do it.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
              Giants had the worst run D last year in terms of YPC allowed (4.9), but are one of the best this year (3.4). I'm hoping a regression to the mean is in order here.

Doesn't seem like it's doing him or us any good to throw him out there every Sunday, so I'm fine with sitting him for the time being. Not real comfortable with Dixon as the backup, but we'll see if they mix Thigpen in here and there or whatnot.
              look at their pass d....i think teams are having success in the air and limiting their running more than anything else. i think non conference game plus a game where throwing might be manageable is a reason for the rest this week

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                Who abandons the run with a game within one or two scores unless they were absolutely unable to move the ball on the ground?
                Thus my first point. No established running attack on any of these teams.

I think 3 games is a good test of how good your run defense is.
                I disagree. In this case, likely not. What's more probable, that a team cuts it's rushing YPGA in half from one season to the next or three games is a premature measure?

BTW....The Redskins have the #4 ranked rushing offense so far this year.
                And we have the #1. Three games is not enough to go solely by statistics. There's too much noise. The Bills' running game, aside from a few long runs by Williams, has not been all that impressive. Nearly a quarter of the yards are from Taylor.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/28/buf...ew-york-giants

Karlos Williams can play but behind him it's Dixon- that's scary

Dixon isn't a RB. Giving him carries is a waste unless it's literally on the goaline. I'd rather promote Wood off the PS and let him get real carries behind Williams over Dixon.

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    Washington is all about running, very poor passing game.
                    Not much to their running game either. Their offense is awful. Their defense is abysmal. We'll blow them out. Utterly. It will be epic.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      Not much to their running game either. Their offense is awful. Their defense is abysmal. We'll blow them out. Utterly. It will be epic.
                      Look at the 'Skins' first two games, they ran on Miami 1st half, able to get ahead before Miami's D shut it down the 2nd half. They ran on the Rams and was able to win. But Giants shut their run game down. I only saw here and there of the 'Skins' games I think they have a better O-Line than us.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                        I disagree. In this case, likely not. What's more probable, that a team cuts it's rushing YPGA in half from one season to the next or three games is a premature measure?
                        To add to that, even if you were all-in on the Giants run D, who would you attribute the change to? Their best DL has approximately 75% of his fingers and is accordingly not playing, they lost their top 3 safeties to injury already. Spagnuolo?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Although, I have to admit it concerns me that McCoy's injury is significant enough that they just ruled him out on Tuesday morning.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gebobs
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            Look at the 'Skins' first two games, they ran on Miami 1st half, able to get ahead before Miami's D shut it down the 2nd half. They ran on the Rams and was able to win. But Giants shut their run game down. I only saw here and there of the 'Skins' games I think they have a better O-Line than us.
                            Mark my words. They will be middle of the road at best by the time we play them unless they completely abandon all hope of winning and stick with the run.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Although, I have to admit it concerns me that McCoy's injury is significant enough that they just ruled him out on Tuesday morning.
                              Im not sure it has to do with the significance. He wouldnt have practiced all week (like he hasnt all season), so I think they were just confirming that he wouldnt play. They see a weaker schedule coming up along with Karlos playing well so they want him healthy now rather than trying to play him at 80% over and over again.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                                Already put in my waiver wire request for Karlos. Looks like I need a handcuff for McCoy this season. Dropping Doug Martin as my flex. He's been a disappointment after all the talk he got. Karlos almost makes me hope we can trade McCoy's contract away in the off-season but maybe I should see how he does with a full game of carries next week. He looks like he could be an every-down back. I was hoping we could somehow get Derick Henry in the 2016 draft from Alabama, but now I'm seeing a very similarly talented guy already here.
                                Did the same, but dropped Abdullah. Detroit just seems committed to never running the ball. Going to roll with Williams this week and then hopefully Arian Foster will be ready for week 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X