• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: McCoy out Sunday according to SI

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
    if they want Bryce Brown they can have him, he still not working
    I'd take Brown over Goodwin at this point.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      146 out of 458 rush yards belong to McCoy. Willams has more with 186.

But, Dixon has zero. We only have 2 RB's with positive yards on the season- McCoy and Williams- and one of them is out vs the #2 rush D in the league. You don't see that as a problem? Seriously?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=BUF

0 - yards and 1 TD rushing . Thats gotta some kind of record .
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        NYG may be second against the run, but they are dead last against the pass (yes, even worse than Buffalo), and they don't have a 466-yard anomaly against NE skewing the stats (356/Dallas, 363/Atlanta, 316/Washington).
        Originally posted by Turf View Post
        L
        Hence their low run defense.
        Another way to look at it is to see who they've played: Dallas, Atlanta, and Washington. None of these teams has an established running attack. The featured back on each team is a young, middle-round pick. As such, they are all basically pass-first offenses.

And to further exacerbate the above, each team was playing catch up. The Giants held leads of 7, 3, and 9 at half and leads of 3, 10, and 12 after three quarters. It's hardly surprising that their opponents abandoned the run.

What may be telling is that the Giants lost two of these games.
        Last edited by gebobs; 09-29-2015, 08:42 AM.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Already put in my waiver wire request for Karlos. Looks like I need a handcuff for McCoy this season. Dropping Doug Martin as my flex. He's been a disappointment after all the talk he got. Karlos almost makes me hope we can trade McCoy's contract away in the off-season but maybe I should see how he does with a full game of carries next week. He looks like he could be an every-down back. I was hoping we could somehow get Derick Henry in the 2016 draft from Alabama, but now I'm seeing a very similarly talented guy already here.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

But, Dixon has zero. We only have 2 RB's with positive yards on the season- McCoy and Williams- and one of them is out vs the #2 rush D in the league. You don't see that as a problem? Seriously?

Not nessacarily. Karlos Williams has showed me nothing to prove he can't be an excellent back in this league. And Greg Roman has proven to me he can call an excellent game. I have FAITH in the bills coaching staff to plan a game to put Williams in a spot to succed.

Is McCoy out not the ideal situation? Of course it is, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world and automatic loss because of some stat 3 weeks into the season.

No **** we want our starting RB on the field.. No need to state that and get mad when other people think it's still possible to win without him though. Seriously .

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

Do you always panic? I predict if McCoy sits that Los and Boobie combined will run for 125 yards +

Boobie had 432 rushing yards and 2 td on 105 carries last season , you act as if he's never had a carry in the NFL until this season. Los/Boobie is capable of grounding the Giants run defense into the ground...... R..E..L..A..X!
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                Another way to look at it is to see who they've played: Dallas, Atlanta, and Washington. None of these teams has an established running attack. The featured back on each team is a young, middle-round pick. As such, they are all basically pass-first offenses.
                Washington is all about running, very poor passing game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                  Do you always panic? I predict if McCoy sits that Los and Boobie combined will run for 125 yards +

Boobie had 432 rushing yards and 2 td on 105 carries last season , you act as if he's never had a carry in the NFL until this season. Los/Boobie is capable of grounding the Giants run defense into the ground...... R..E..L..A..X!
                  All the carries he's had this season have been terrible. You are predicting that a rookie and a 3rd stringer with 0 yards on the season (not zero carries-zero yards because he is so unproductive) are going to put up 125 on a D that only gives up 76 yards on average. Come on.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Through 3 games
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                      Through 3 games
                      Ah I get it. So the Bills being the #1 rushing team after 3 games is meaningful but the Giants being the #2 rush D after 3 games isn't meaningful because it's only 3 games.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

from what I've seen of Karlos Williams I'm excited to see a larger dose of him Sunday. He's scored a TD every week so far.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

man the entire league must not remember bryce browns name. even with that one high profile fumble im surprised not a single team wants to give him another chance
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

yards per attempt is the only real meaningful stat, tho its still too early for these to be very meaningful anyway

league ranking offense

3 Bills 4.7
                            25 NYG 3.6

league ranking defense

4 NYG 3.4
                            26 Bills 4.3
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post

And to further exacerbate the above, each team was playing catch up. The Giants held leads of 7, 3, and 9 at half and leads of 3, 10, and 12 after three quarters. It's hardly surprising that their opponents abandoned the run.

What may be telling is that the Giants lost two of these games.
                              Who abandons the run with a game within one or two scores unless they were absolutely unable to move the ball on the ground? I think 3 games is a good test of how good your run defense is. BTW....The Redskins have the #4 ranked rushing offense so far this year.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                                • Aug 2004

Just my opinion. This Giants game is all about Bills D against Eli Manning and the offense. The game is not hinges on whether the Bills can run the ball on them (would be nice though). I think the Bills can do better than what Dallas defense did to the Giants in the season opener. Mark my words, Eli WILL throw jump balls. If Rex can get the team to do what they did to Tannehill, i.e. get Eli's jersey dirty, the Bills will have a great chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X