• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Week 4: Your 3 Best Teams From Each Conference

AFC:

New England - Which team beats them first?

Buffalo - Revenge is best served cold. The Bills got a bit too hot at the Ralph.

Cincinnati - Not sold on the Broncos after they barely beat the Texans and 49ers. Time is not on Peyton Manning's side.

NFC:

Green Bay - Classy team, hard not to like the Packers and their cool fans, cool quarterback, and the discount double check guy.

Arizona - It's getting hot in the desert. Why does the NFL act like Carson Palmer is retired?

Carolina - Not sold on the Cowboys even before Romo got hurt, and the Seahawks don't look like the same team of the past 2 years.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Week 4: Your 3 Best Teams From Each Conference

Lot of mediocrity in the league this year. NE is running away with it.

The next tier is Cincy, GB, AZ, Carolina, you could argue a few more- probably Denver.

You've got a handful of bottom feeders like Chicago, Cleveland, Jacksonville- I won't throw Baltimore here just yet cuz they lost every game by less than a TD and had leads in the 4th.

Every other team seems to be mired in the middle. just a bunch of teams where it wouldn't be surprising if they won or if they lost any given game.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
      AFC:

New England - Which team beats them first?

Buffalo - Revenge is best served cold. The Bills got a bit too hot at the Ralph.

Cincinnati - Not sold on the Broncos after they barely beat the Texans and 49ers. Time is not on Peyton Manning's side.

NFC:

Green Bay - Classy team, hard not to like the Packers and their cool fans, cool quarterback, and the discount double check guy.

Arizona - It's getting hot in the desert. Why does the NFL act like Carson Palmer is retired?

Carolina - Not sold on the Cowboys even before Romo got hurt, and the Seahawks don't look like the same team of the past 2 years.
      Broncos didnt play Houston or SF. They beat the Ravens, KC and Detroit. I would take them over the Bengals.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        Broncos didnt play Houston or SF. They beat the Ravens, KC and Detroit. I would take them over the Bengals.
        Thanks for the correction Ed, I was reading the preseason results.

The Broncos barely beat the Chiefs and Ravens.

I still like the Bengals more than the Broncos. Thank God Tyrod didn't go to Denver.
        Last edited by BillsImpossible; 09-30-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

As of right now I would go New England, Denver and Cincinnati. Green Bay, Arizona and Atlanta.

TBH, I'm not even sure Buffalo is the second best team in the East just yet.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

At this point I'd say :

AFC - New England, then anyone else. If I absolutely had to choose, Denver and the Bengals, Bills aren't far away but it's early in the season. For that matter, Bengals and Denver aren't far ahead either, I just give them a nod on precedent.

NFC - Green Bay and Arizona are automatic, my third team would be Seattle though, despite being 1-2, figuring who would I not want my team to have to play.

Dynasties are aging and struggling with pricy QB's on their cap, this would be a good year to make a name for a team that has some focus.

I wouldn't want to run into Green Bay or New England in a Super Bowl or playoff game, no matter my chosen team, unless I'm Arizona, in which case, under Arians, I'd care less. Arians sort of strikes me as Ryan with more self control and a sharper focus. Sure do wonder why we didn't even give him the time of day the year we hired Marrone, but oh well.
            Last edited by Mace; 09-30-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

1. Bills

2. 31 teams tied for last place.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ICRockets
                Childish Fake Voter
                • Jul 2008

AFC: Patriots, Bengals, Bills. I think Denver's defense is better than ours, and our offense is better than theirs. But the defenses are closer than the offenses are, IMO.

NFC: Cardinals, Packers, Falcons. Don't sleep on Atlanta. They actually have a running game this year, and Julio Jones is looking like an early MVP front-runner thus far.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

insert random hater.

'bills last'
                  everybody else is way better
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• Topas
                    German smartass
                    • Feb 2014

I think in tier one there are currently only three teams in the whole league. So I choose three for the NFL.
                    That is NE, GB and Ari.
                    I really like Ari when Palmer stays healthy.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                      AFC: Patriots, Bengals, Bills. I think Denver's defense is better than ours, and our offense is better than theirs. But the defenses are closer than the offenses are, IMO.

NFC: Cardinals, Packers, Falcons. Don't sleep on Atlanta. They actually have a running game this year, and Julio Jones is looking like an early MVP front-runner thus far.
                      Agree with your NFC picks.

In the AFC, it's the Pats, the Pats and the Pats. This is actually a down year for the AFC, so I'm thinking we can snag a WC slot with some luck. Ben R going down for Pittsburgh and the Ravens coming out flat made this a 1 team conference for who will finish 1st overall in the regular season. Denver doesn't look that good and Bengals are always one and done in the playoffs.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICRockets
                        Childish Fake Voter
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        Agree with your NFC picks.

In the AFC, it's the Pats, the Pats and the Pats. This is actually a down year for the AFC, so I'm thinking we can snag a WC slot with some luck. Ben R going down for Pittsburgh and the Ravens coming out flat made this a 1 team conference for who will finish 1st overall in the regular season. Denver doesn't look that good and Bengals are always one and done in the playoffs.
                        Denver's OFFENSE doesn't look very good, but it's still helmed by the smartest quarterback in NFL history. Give him time to figure out what they do well and by the end of the season they'll gel pretty nicely. I think our Wild Card opponent will be the Broncos, so you'd do well to take them seriously.

Comment

• Mike
                          • Jan 2009

NFC
                          1. Packers
                          2. Cards
                          3. Hawks

afc
                          1. Pats

* Broncos & Cinci are the other 3-0 teams in AFC, however I have no faith in them. Pittsburgh is minus Big Ben, the Colts are stinking up the joint and Balitmore is 0-3. So much for last seasons playoff teams & preseason favorites! Bills looked good, 2 out of 3 games, however that other game was vs Pats who demolishes them. Clearly, in the AFC there are the Pats & Everyone Else.
                          Please Make Sense

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i like being a middle of pack team early in season. the teams that are smoking hot now rarely stay this way. and teams like seattle who have talent and history of winning (and haven't aged out yet), tend to warm up as the season goes. it gives the bills a chance to be one of those teams who are finding their way through their process and get hot later...which to me is preferable. i'd rather be a .500 club through 6 games than be 6-0. The 6-0 teams of late at least seem to fall apart from high expectations and realizing its a long grueling season.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

AFC: Bills, Sabres, Eichel

NFC: What's an NFC?
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍