• May 2009

Re: Mario Williams Has 3 Tackles and 1 Sack After 3 Games

Mario is good. People are crazy.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      The DL as a whole is way down as far as sacks this year.
      Through 3 games the Bills total have 6 sacks, 4 from DL. 1 from LB, 1 from DB. Through three games last year, the Bills had 8 sacks, 6 from DL, 2 from LB.

And we blitz like crazy.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        Through 3 games the Bills total have 6 sacks, 4 from DL. 1 from LB, 1 from DB. Through three games last year, the Bills had 8 sacks, 6 from DL, 2 from LB.

And we blitz like crazy.
        I think teams are focusing more on getting the ball out quick against us. Teams weren't as worried about getting the ball off with only four rushers, but now we blitz enough that they know they have to get it off. I think we'll start to see it working more in our favor once we stop playing above average QB's (Tanehill isnt that good, but I would consider him very slightly above average).

Comment

• thenry20
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
          Goose eggs in Week 1 and Week 3.

The 2016 NFL season stats per game for Mario Williams of the Miami Dolphins on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

After 3 games in 2014, Mario Williams had 2 sacks and 7 tackles with 1 assist, but he wasn't playing linebacker, he was playing as a defensive end, which is where he belongs imho.

Get Mario Williams 2014 game log for regular season and playoff games on Pro-football-reference.com.

Haven't heard his name called much at all so far this year.

Where's Mario?
          I wish I had the time to analyze our defensive liabilities. I've watched all the games for entertainment purposes only. Other than the Pats game, we held TWO teams scoreless for nearly 4 quarters; 1 of them a playoff team. We almost came back against another playoff team.

Besides, sacks are overrated! It's the pressure you bring that causes bad throws and turnovers. As long as you keep the other team from scoring TD's and you win, then will be very successful.

Comment

• Patti120
            • Aug 2004

Ralph is cheap!

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
              I think teams are focusing more on getting the ball out quick against us. Teams weren't as worried about getting the ball off with only four rushers, but now we blitz enough that they know they have to get it off. I think we'll start to see it working more in our favor once we stop playing above average QB's (Tanehill isnt that good, but I would consider him very slightly above average).
              Eli also is not very adept at getting it quickly. It will be interesting to see how he goes about his business today.

Comment

Working...
              X