Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Feel Safe Parking Your Car In Downtown Buffalo For A Bills Game?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Would You Feel Safe Parking Your Car In Downtown Buffalo For A Bills Game?

It's not like we would be parking in the fruit belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It is amazing the amount of grown-ass men who are afraid of the city in WNY, while 20-something females have no problem walking the streets at all hours of the day and night.

One day the stigma the city holds will go away, this isn't the Buffalo of the '70s and '80s people.

3. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-02-2015),OpIv37 (10-02-2015),THATHURMANATOR (10-02-2015),WagonCircler (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is this a serious question?

Yeah maybe if I was scared pussy I would be but since I am not and I do live downtown I am all set.

5. Post thanked by:

gebobs (10-02-2015)

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would never park downtown for a Bills game....considering the walk to your seats in Orchard Park would take a day or two

7. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-02-2015),Dr. Lecter (10-02-2015),Historian (10-03-2015),kishoph (10-04-2015),MillsapsBillsFan (10-02-2015),Novacane (10-03-2015),OLDSRIP (10-03-2015),OpIv37 (10-02-2015),WagonCircler (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog View Post
    I would never park downtown for a Bills game....considering the walk to your seats in Orchard Park would take a day or two
    It's a 4-6 hour walk depending on your conditioning, speed and route chosen.

9. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dumbest thread ever!!! We are talking about Buffalo???

I got mugged with my 7 year old in ATL at a Thrashers game.

Grow a pair.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Dumbest thread ever!!! We are talking about Buffalo???

I got mugged with my 7 year old in ATL at a Thrashers game.

Grow a pair.
    Have you and your child attended a Thrashers game since then?

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...ORTS/141129177

Crime in NFL cities spikes during home games, study discovers
    By Roberto Ferdman

The Washington Post
    Published:

What better time to steal something than when an entire city is fawning over a sporting event?
    Football games are associated with upticks in city crime, according to a recent study, which observed crime rates in eight separate cities — Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, Newark, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Baltimore and Washington — over the course of a two-year period. Specifically, the study found that days on which cities hosted home games for their respective professional football teams coincided with a nearly 3 percent increase in total crime, including a more than 4 percent increase in larceny and almost 7 percent increase in the number of car thefts.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/6/...joy-games-less

Fans didn't respond well to the news either. And why should they? Women will have to leave purses in the car, a dicey proposition in a place like St. Louis where break-ins are pretty much the city's chief economic engine.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Have you and your child attended a Thrashers game since then?

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...ORTS/141129177

Crime in NFL cities spikes during home games, study discovers
    By Roberto Ferdman

The Washington Post
    Published:

What better time to steal something than when an entire city is fawning over a sporting event?
    Football games are associated with upticks in city crime, according to a recent study, which observed crime rates in eight separate cities — Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, Newark, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Baltimore and Washington — over the course of a two-year period. Specifically, the study found that days on which cities hosted home games for their respective professional football teams coincided with a nearly 3 percent increase in total crime, including a more than 4 percent increase in larceny and almost 7 percent increase in the number of car thefts.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/6/...joy-games-less

Fans didn't respond well to the news either. And why should they? Women will have to leave purses in the car, a dicey proposition in a place like St. Louis where break-ins are pretty much the city's chief economic engine.
    Which team are they attributing to Newark-Giants/Jets/Eagles? In all probability crime increases in Newark because there are more people with too much time on their hands on Sundays.

It's pretty easy to figure out why crime increases in DC-the politicians don't have any meetings and are free to steal the rest of the people's things.

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    Which team are they attributing to Newark-Giants/Jets/Eagles? In all probability crime increases in Newark because there are more people with too much time on their hands on Sundays.

It's pretty easy to figure out why crime increases in DC-the politicians don't have any meetings and are free to steal the rest of the people's things.
    Geography fail. Newark is probably a two hour drive from where the Eagles play.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post

That's probably truer than we think.

The Jets and Giants play in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Newark is about 15 miles away.

The only NFL team that plays in New York is the Buffalo Bills, and I hope the Pegulas do everything possible to keep the Bills in Orchard Park.

Why is tailgating a, 'life changing experience?' Why is our football culture here in WNY one of a kind, and so fun?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rhett-...b_8224466.html

Because we love our Home called Ralph Wilson Stadium.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015...ing-experience

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Geography fail. Newark is probably a two hour drive from where the Eagles play.
    A 15 mile drive could take two hours in Newark.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    It's not like we would be parking in the fruit belt.
    I don't think the fruit belt is even so bad anymore. The warzones shifted to places no one much needs to go anymore, and backstreets blocks away from main ones. At least in my experience. I mean you're always going to get random opportunists, but it's pretty easy to see when you're getting near a bad area nowadays.

Thinking about it, kind of surprises me. Goal was to revitalize the neighborhoods and minimize the desolation, and it might be working on some slow moving scale.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I don't think the fruit belt is even so bad anymore. The warzones shifted to places no one much needs to go anymore, and backstreets blocks away from main ones. At least in my experience. I mean you're always going to get random opportunists, but it's pretty easy to see when you're getting near a bad area nowadays.

Thinking about it, kind of surprises me. Goal was to revitalize the neighborhoods and minimize the desolation, and it might be working on some slow moving scale.
    Don't let Roger Goodell sprinkle his magick ferry dust in your eyes, Mace.

The Buffalo Bills don't need a new stadium downtown.

Think of it this way...You and your high school sweetheart have been living comfortably for the past 55 years in Orchard Park.

The schools are top notch, there's little crime, and your kids love the area.

Why move? Because Roger Goodell said so?

Go stick it, Roger.

19. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A 15 mile drive could take two hours in Newark.
    Yeah, especially when Christie blocks bridges.

21. Post thanked by:

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't let Roger Goodell sprinkle his magick ferry dust in your eyes, Mace.

The Buffalo Bills don't need a new stadium downtown.

Think of it this way...You and your high school sweetheart have been living comfortably for the past 55 years in Orchard Park.

The schools are top notch, there's little crime, and your kids love the area.

Why move? Because Roger Goodell said so?

Go stick it, Roger.
    Heh, good answer but no. There might be a better place to be and you won't find it if you're stuck trying to avoid change in a comfort zone that you never noticed got old before you did. I never liked the suburbs much, though they have an appeal to people who do. Time the Bills jump into to the next era too, and it's not Orchard Park, imho.

23. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oops, I was thinking of Trenton when I replied. Somehow I thought Trenton geographically, but Newark crime. I've driven to all those places, so I know where they are.
    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 10-02-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If it's not broke, why try to fix it?

I like our home. I don't want to move.

The schools in Buffalo are bad.

Kim Pegula will have the final say in the matter.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,301 Times in 15,448 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's not the parking that I worry about...it's the lines of traffic afterwards.

I parked in a different lot for the Sabres gamer last night, and was hung up for an hour until I could get on the 190.

27. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    It's not the parking that I worry about...it's the lines of traffic afterwards.

I parked in a different lot for the Sabres gamer last night, and was hung up for an hour until I could get on the 190.
    Park at UB and take the metro.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 11,698 Times in 7,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What an incredibly stupid thread....started with an absurd question.