Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The problem with Tyrod

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 4,368 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The problem with Tyrod

Quote Originally Posted by ct bills fan View Post
    Yikes - you watching the same 4 games I have? He's not perfect, but is far far from the problem. He's two questionable penalties away from throwing for 310, 2 tds and a 40/yard rushing td. And......this was his least affective game of the 4
    He was terrible in the NE game until garbage time.
    He was nothing special in the Colts game.
    He played well in the Miami game.
    And he played like shLt most of today.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Tyrod is the best QB the Bills have had in years. However, the problem I saw with Tyrod today especially early on he was not making good decisions. He seemed to lock on one receiver and threw the ball despite the receiver not being open and no separation from the defender. As a result, many incomplete passes and 3 and outs. Later on he settled down a bit and went through progressions and threw to open receivers.

He was one part of the problem. The whole team was at fault. It seems the players don't have any accountability with coaching staff so they act selfishly and take stupid penalties.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not sure if his ankle still bothered him, but this was exactly like the NE game where he stayed in the pocket and being indecisive, either because he's not seeing the whole field or no one was open. I could be wrong but at this point, I refused to believe the only guy who consistently getting open for him is Clay.

4. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,473 Times in 7,090 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was almost sure he was going with Clay before every snap. Big reason he found Clay a lot was because OL held on at times. He looked like a rookie out there today.

Registered User BuffaloWingEater's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    That's what the problem with Manuel was. Taylor's problem is he is too quick to abandon the pocket and run.
    huh

7. Post thanked by:

senseofdoom (10-05-2015),WagonCircler (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your right its not all on Tyrod it was a total team effort.We were outreached terribly.I don't know if its all the play calling either.Having been a player and a coach I know that at this level a veteran QB usually has two plays to choose from thats why you will always hear QB's on TV saying kill kill.What that is is they may a run as a first option and a pass as the second option.This puts the responsibility for checking to the right play on the QB.So if Tyrod has two options and picks the wrong one its on him.If he doesn't have two options the coaches don't trust him enough to make the right decision.Either he may be more of a developmental guy at this point than a possible Franchise guy.What make a good fFranchise QB is a few factors.Accuracy,Inconsistency,and decision making.Thats why guys like Rodgers,The Manning's ,Bray,Riverland Brees don't get fooled often.They make the correct decision and have the consistency to go along with the accuracy to make plays.Trod not there yet.Thats why one week he looks great and another he looks so so.Its not his fault as it was not EJ's fault when they drafted him in the first round.Its the decision makers fault for over estimating the ability and readiness of their players.To the point when you shoot your mouth as Rex has done since day one that its playoffs or bust these aren't the type of guys you hitch your wagon to.Alos blame Rex for the team not being prepared and undisciplined.We were much better under Schwartz with basically the same guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There were 2 problems with Tyrod yesterday:
    1) Injuries-his 2 biggest weapons on offense were out, and so were 2 offensive linemen-1 the entire game & the other for a short time when Kujo replaced Glenn.
    2) EJ fans who hate to admit he's a career backup at best and should find another career at worst and will continue to post that EJ should be given a chance. Until EJ plays his way out of the league, they'll continue to whine he should play, then they'll say 2 coaching staffs ruined him.

Tyrod is the best we've got this year. If, after a full season the team is not satisfied with his play, they'll find a new guy next year. If the flashes of brilliance he's shown translate into a winning QB as the season progresses, then he'll continue to be our starter. It's very tough to judge him based on yesterday with 3-4 offensive starters out.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,473 Times in 7,090 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I think that will come. He's started 4 games. I'm happy with his play so far. Much better than I was expecting.
    It can be fixed and I agree he's the best we got but it doesn't mean I can't state the obvious things he needs to fix.

Someone needs to tell him to pull the trigger. He looked like EJ out there too.