Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a lot of those penalties were deserved, but ...

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

a lot of those penalties were deserved, but ...

Not all of them. Was that a chop block? Incognito hit him in the waist. Brown gets flagged for charging a guy (I thought it was unsportsmanlike conduct to taunt?). I just don't get some of it. On the first called back TD, it was at bit ticky tack, but if you are going to call that, call it all day long.

Oh, and then picking up a flag on a personal foul against the other team after all those penalties? Seems you can hit Tyrod more than other QBs (Michael Vick syndrome?)

A lot of people hurt the team today almost as much as the refs.

Bradham has to make that tackle.
    Woods needs to make that earlier catch and not fumble (thought he was held up for a very long time)
    Moose Johnson is a complete tool.
    If you get a forth down, you need to put that ball in the endzone and not hope he can make it in after the last two plays.
    showing the lost superbowl during the game was a little much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: a lot of those penalties were deserved, but ...

The woods fumble reminded me of the leodis fumble. You have two guys on you and the 1st down. And you try to keep going....fall down 1st and 10.
    The Rock Pile Report. A professionally produced podcast about the Buffalo Bills.

http://rockpilereport.podbean.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TheRockPileReport/

3. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (10-05-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's face it though, they let the Giants come in and beat them up in their own house, lost their composure. Same as the cops watch the hotheaded guy in a trouble situation, the refs start watching us closer and seeing things. Good teams don't care about bad calls and they make less of a difference.

Just wasn't my idea of a relaxing Sunday of football though.

5. Post thanked by:

Mike (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Penalties have ruined this game.

14 pts taken away today for BS calls.

FYI, the last time there was an NFL game with no penalties was in 2007.

Over-officious much?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All of today's penalties were deserved.

When you have a team of boneheads with a bigger bonehead leading the circus, what do you expect?

8. Post thanked by:

Mike (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

When you have a team of boneheads with a bigger bonehead leading the circus, what do you expect?
    Undisciplined, yes, all well deserved, nope

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ah yes. The "it's all their fault" mentality. How about that non call (actually two non calls) on hitting our QB? Oh, that wasn't well deserved, or he's a first time starter, or he's a running QB and will get less calls because of it.

I didn't say that most of the calls weren't well deserved, but there were calls that were some that weren't. That call in Incognito for instance was NOT deserved. A chop block is when you go low on a defensive rusher when the other guy is going high. He hit the defender in the ***** waist. Not the knees, not the thigh, in the waist. BS call that eliminated a TD.

Like I said, they did not make plays when they needed to on offense and defense. Had good chances for a TD (if Karlos turns around and gets in a guys way more Tyrod goes in for the TD. Bradham had Jennings in the backfield for a loss on the one TD. But to lose the game and seemingly always have all the personal foul calls go against the Bills if strange.

I'm over it now. And who cares about a loss to an NFC team. Gotta beat the AFC teams. Now they need to beat Tennesseee.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ct bills fan View Post
    Undisciplined, yes, all well deserved, nope
    Which one wasn't deserved?

The contingent of Bills fans who have been blaming the refs and league for this past 15 years of suck is beyond pathetic.

12. Post thanked by:

Mike (10-04-2015),Patti120 (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Ah yes. The "it's all their fault" mentality. How about that non call (actually two non calls) on hitting our QB? Oh, that wasn't well deserved, or he's a first time starter, or he's a running QB and will get less calls because of it.

I didn't say that most of the calls weren't well deserved, but there were calls that were some that weren't. That call in Incognito for instance was NOT deserved. A chop block is when you go low on a defensive rusher when the other guy is going high. He hit the defender in the ***** waist. Not the knees, not the thigh, in the waist. BS call that eliminated a TD.

Like I said, they did not make plays when they needed to on offense and defense. Had good chances for a TD (if Karlos turns around and gets in a guys way more Tyrod goes in for the TD. Bradham had Jennings in the backfield for a loss on the one TD. But to lose the game and seemingly always have all the personal foul calls go against the Bills if strange.

I'm over it now. And who cares about a loss to an NFC team. Gotta beat the AFC teams. Now they need to beat Tennesseee.
    Um, Incognito did go low, he dove in while Glenn was engaged with the defender and at best contacted the defensive lineman at the waist. That's called every time. It's not BS. It's the correct call. And a correct rule to protect human beings to continue to provide for their families through their profession.

And what late hit on Tyrod? The only one that was close was when he was heading out of bounds in the 4th. But they never actually showed an angle that proved he was in bounds or out of bounds when he was shoved.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Um, Incognito did go low, he dove in while Glenn was engaged with the defender and at best contacted the defensive lineman at the waist. That's called every time. It's not BS. It's the correct call. And a correct rule to protect human beings to continue to provide for their families through their profession.

And what late hit on Tyrod? The only one that was close was when he was heading out of bounds in the 4th. But they never actually showed an angle that proved he was in bounds or out of bounds when he was shoved.
    Maybe you should watch the games instead of drinking beer and watching NASCAR. They don't call that every time. It IS BS. And don't give me any BS that you actually care about any of these guys. He hit him in the waist, which is legal. Moose idiot said they will call that every time because the Olineman will slide down into the knees which didn't happen on this play. Moose had several calls that were stupid on this day and I'm glad he does NFC games so he can drool all over them. It was making me sick.

Tyrod was hit TWICE late. Once after handing the ball off and they announced that it wasn't a penalty because he was a runner. On virtually a direct handoff to the RB. There was a WR coming around the back as a misdirection for a possible end around. Then after several of our personal foul penalties, he got hit late after I believe a completion to Clay. He got hit by two defenders and the officals called no flag because the player was blocked into him. Incognito was trying to push the guy away, so that was their reasoning. It was a very poor call. Even the Tyrod TD run earlier in the game, the idiot Moose Johnson said he's seen those plays (Urbik holding) not called, but I can see why it was called even though I thought it was ticky tack and that I've seen far more egregious holds against many of our defenders not called.

15. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (10-04-2015),trapezeus (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's being reported that Tom told his team pre game not to worry because the Bills would beat themselves with penalties.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Maybe you should watch the games instead of drinking beer and watching NASCAR. They don't call that every time. It IS BS. And don't give me any BS that you actually care about any of these guys. He hit him in the waist, which is legal. Moose idiot said they will call that every time because the Olineman will slide down into the knees which didn't happen on this play. Moose had several calls that were stupid on this day and I'm glad he does NFC games so he can drool all over them. It was making me sick.

Tyrod was hit TWICE late. Once after handing the ball off and they announced that it wasn't a penalty because he was a runner. On virtually a direct handoff to the RB. There was a WR coming around the back as a misdirection for a possible end around. Then after several of our personal foul penalties, he got hit late after I believe a completion to Clay. He got hit by two defenders and the officals called no flag because the player was blocked into him. Incognito was trying to push the guy away, so that was their reasoning. It was a very poor call. Even the Tyrod TD run earlier in the game, the idiot Moose Johnson said he's seen those plays (Urbik holding) not called, but I can see why it was called even though I thought it was ticky tack and that I've seen far more egregious holds against many of our defenders not called.
    Oh the one where Urbik grabbed, turned and ended up putting the defender on the ground?

When is that not called?

Give me a break.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought there were a number of questionable calls and no-calls.

The illegal contact call on Darby didn't look like much to me, but I can understand getting flagged for it. BUT, on our very next possession, Prince Amukamura made contact with his receiver on a downfield 3rd down throw and nothing gets called. If you're gonna call it one way, you have to call it the other way, too.

That Urbik penalty negating Tyrod's rushing TD looked like bull**** to me, especially considering the ref was looking at Urbik's back when it happened. How you can tell anything from that angle boggles my mind.

And that Incognito flag was utter crap. He hit him in the waist. Perfectly legal block.

That said, the personal fouls were absolutely ****ing unforgivable, and I don't understand what Richie was even doing engaging that defender in the first place because Cordy had him handled. Mental errors all day, and I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of discipline.

19. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are No PERFECTLY OFFICIATED GAMES .....None!

Good teams find ways to overcome bad calls & no calls
    The Pats did it against us a few weeks ago

Bad teams have almost no ability to overcome adversity & win they need all the breaks to go their way
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately the Bills now have a reputation, and part of that comes with having Rex on the sidelines and his reputation around the league and with the officials, so they are not going to get the close calls. They need to play above the board for a few weeks to get themselves back to neutral as far as whether they get the benefit of the doubt from the officials.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,287 Times in 15,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

23. Post thanked by:

Fixxxer (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,391 Times in 7,274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's disturbing that Rex seemed to be defending his players in his press conference. There were some bad calls as always but the Hughes and Brown calls were deserved. Just stop hitting people after the play and STFU!!!! You can't win an argument with the zebras.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But on the replay I saw (coming toward the camera), Incognito dove, d-lineman was extended other direction, Incognito's shoulder hit him in the ribs, Incognito's forearm hit him in the waist, above the belt. That's just not a cut block/chop block which by definition is a block below the waist targeting thighs or knees.

They shortly after piled into Taylor and claimed Incognito shoved the lineman into him, which he didn't in the game I was watching anyway, Incognito was barely on camera and the guy lunged, then same guy nailed hit Taylor in the white zone out of bounds. It wasn't iffy, there was white zone behind Taylor when the guy hit him. There was also an offsides play where d-linemen came through anyway and pulled a helmet to helmet when there was no need to contact as the whistle had blown already and no one was doing anything.

Lot of gripes about this game. But that was just not a chop block by definition, and it's a small thing to argue about at this point, hombre.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Chop block :

block.jpg