Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a lot of those penalties were deserved, but ...

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: a lot of those penalties were deserved, but ...

2. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (10-04-2015),bleve (10-04-2015),Boomstick (10-05-2015),Buddo (10-05-2015),cookie G (10-04-2015),don137 (10-04-2015),Mad Bomber (10-05-2015),Yasgur's Farm (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That wasn't a chop block... The hit on Taylor after releasing a pass was roughing the passer... The Clay did not push off on that 1 completion.

The rest... Especially un-sportsman like and PF's are deserved and unacceptable.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The chop block was a garbage call. Having said that, when you play undisciplined football for the entire season, you are going to get calls like that made against you.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

6. Post thanked by:

Boomstick (10-05-2015),colin (10-05-2015),Mace (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Um, Incognito did go low, he dove in while Glenn was engaged with the defender and at best contacted the defensive lineman at the waist. That's called every time. It's not BS. It's the correct call. And a correct rule to protect human beings to continue to provide for their families through their profession.

And what late hit on Tyrod? The only one that was close was when he was heading out of bounds in the 4th. But they never actually showed an angle that proved he was in bounds or out of bounds when he was shoved.
    Penalty: For illegal use of helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification.Article 16 A chop block is a foul by the offense in which one offensive player (designated as A1 for purposes of this rule) blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lowerwhile another offensive player (A2) occupies that same defensive player in one of the circumstances described in subsections (1) through (10) below.CHOP BLOCK ON PASS (ENGAGEMENT)(1) On a forward pass play, A1 chops a defensive player while the defensive player is physically engaged above the waist by the blocking attempt of A2.

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/pu...er_Conduct.pdf

It was NOT a chop block. He hit the player above the hip/in the waist.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not saying we got screwed by the refs.

The Bills did not play well - and certainly dug their own grave on this day.

Having said that - there was 14 points taken away on penalties.

14 points!

The chop block was not a chop block, and the holding call on the Tyrod TD was at best ticky-tacky, and worst non-existent.

I'm saying the game has been ruined by over officiating.

There has not been a non-penalty game since 2007!

Think about that. Not a single NFL game played without penalty in over 4500 games.

It sucks.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There was one other thing that the refs seemed not to see. Does anybody else remember the play where Rambo was hurt? Beckham was also hurt on the play and had trainers looking at him, but he lined up for the two point conversion. That's supposed to be a penalty.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    That wasn't a chop block... The hit on Taylor after releasing a pass was roughing the passer... The Clay did not push off on that 1 completion.

The rest... Especially un-sportsman like and PF's are deserved and unacceptable.
    For the most part, yes. Preston Brown was trying to rip a ball away from a down rusher. Again, a judgement call. But seeing how our team JUST lost a ball on a guy being held up for about two seconds and finally ripping the ball away, you can think the defense will try that too. But unnecessary roughness? please!

11. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-05-2015)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The constant penalty calling is torture to watch. Then not showing the replay of the penalty makes me feel like the NFL doesn't trust I'll see it correctly.

That said we're a ridiculously undisciplined team and Rex's Ravens comment during the press conference was terrible. Him saying, 'I'd rather my team fight' in regards to the penaltys tells me he doesn't understand discipline.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I personally liked that on Hughes first unsportsmanlike conduct penalty or unnecessary roughness, the offensive lineman literally grabbed him around the neck and arm. He almost had him in a bear hug and no penalty.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What is Ryan supposed to say? He gets fined if he calls out the refs. That is what you get with Rex. I'm fine with it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    What is Ryan supposed to say? He gets fined if he calls out the refs. That is what you get with Rex. I'm fine with it.
    “I’m going to tell you something,” Ryan said, pounding on the lectern to emphasize his point. “I’m proud of the way this team played. Can we play smarter? Absolutely. But I’ll take a team that’ll fight over a team that won’t, that’ll sit back and take it, any day of the week.”
    http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com...hammered-home/

He's supposed to tell them to pull themselves together, do their jobs and stop costing the team yards and time. He's not supposed to freaking encourage them to do it again because he's proud of their stupidity, carelessness, and lack of discipline. He's already going into defensive players coach mode and they've been beaten senseless twice in 4 games.

At 2-2, I'm sure not fine with it. He didn't learn a crap since the Jets, can't control himself, and here we go again.

17. Post thanked by:

imbondz (10-05-2015),Novacane (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

do you think he doesn't do that in the locker room?

I don't necessarily mind the mentality. I want teams to be a little nervous playing them.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Chop block :

Attachment 17527

I don't necessarily mind the mentality. I want teams to be a little nervous playing them.

I dont think other teams are nervous cherny. I think they will purposely try to get in our heads to get a cheap 15 yards.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

20. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (10-05-2015),Novacane (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wanted that too, I expected it. If he is doing it in the locker room he doesn't seem to be getting through. We're only 4 games into the year, but he was livid on the sidelines about penalties last week, and this week says he admires their fight when they had even more.

I don't think he has a clue and he's already trying anything that might work only 4 games in.

Sullivan also said :

Word is, Giants coach Tom Coughlin had told his players the Bills would lose their cool if they challenged them.
    You have to admit it sure looked like that and it was easy to forecast. Sullivan is no journalistic genius, probably heard it from someone talking to Graham or Carucci.

But the mentality is obviously flawed when it's costing them yards, plays, time, and reputation. Just upset them, they'll lose their cool. Giants weren't a little nervous, they knew what buttons to push. That's what good teams will now do. I know it. You know it, Does Ryan ? Nah, he wants them to play stupid and sloppy to admire their fight. Or maybe he'll tell them not to, then encourage it in public, because he's straight up and tells it like it is, except he doesn't, and which parts are they supposed to believe ?

I wanted a bully too, to rough teams up, make them fear contact with us, but not a bully who runs home crying to Mom Ryan who needs soothe them after they made fools of themselves so they can hide behind his skirts and throw rocks at people with Mom cheering them on.

This was probably my best rant about it and my anger is gone, no offense Wraiths.

22. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (10-05-2015),imbondz (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I thought the penalties were insane. We deserved some but there were some ridiculous calls. However, thechop block was unnecessary and it was a good call because the rule is designed to not get someone hurt when they are already engaged up top.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It is interesting that both this game and pats game were rookie refs. Perhaps when you are trying to establish yourself you try to show how thoroughly you get it.

The bills definitely made a lot of mistakes and there was a fair amount of bs calls. You know bs happens. You have to cut the nonsense so you can survive the few bs calls.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I also thought the refs did a terrible job with false starts both ways. There were a number of times including a big play for bills where the linemen are still in stance and the wr are moving. It would clearly look like false start but they let them play anyways.

Ive seen qbs get sneezed on and the flag stands. Now tyrod has two picked up flags that just has never happened before.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For the most part, yes. Preston Brown was trying to rip a ball away from a down rusher. Again, a judgement call. But seeing how our team JUST lost a ball on a guy being held up for about two seconds and finally ripping the ball away, you can think the defense will try that too. But unnecessary roughness? please!
    I don't think Brown got the penalty for trying to rip the ball away, it was after when he went after Beckham. That said, it did look like Beckham got in and either shoved Brown first or said something to him that caused Brown to go after him. Unfortunately, in those situations, it is often the guy that retaliates that gets the penalty. If Brown kept his cool then no penalty.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    I dont think other teams are nervous cherny. I think they will purposely try to get in our heads to get a cheap 15 yards.
    I think a little of both, but mostly of the second part. I think I heard the Giants said as much after the game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I wanted that too, I expected it. If he is doing it in the locker room he doesn't seem to be getting through. We're only 4 games into the year, but he was livid on the sidelines about penalties last week, and this week says he admires their fight when they had even more.

I don't think he has a clue and he's already trying anything that might work only 4 games in.

Sullivan also said :

You have to admit it sure looked like that and it was easy to forecast. Sullivan is no journalistic genius, probably heard it from someone talking to Graham or Carucci.

But the mentality is obviously flawed when it's costing them yards, plays, time, and reputation. Just upset them, they'll lose their cool. Giants weren't a little nervous, they knew what buttons to push. That's what good teams will now do. I know it. You know it, Does Ryan ? Nah, he wants them to play stupid and sloppy to admire their fight. Or maybe he'll tell them not to, then encourage it in public, because he's straight up and tells it like it is, except he doesn't, and which parts are they supposed to believe ?

I wanted a bully too, to rough teams up, make them fear contact with us, but not a bully who runs home crying to Mom Ryan who needs soothe them after they made fools of themselves so they can hide behind his skirts and throw rocks at people with Mom cheering them on.

This was probably my best rant about it and my anger is gone, no offense Wraiths.
    Rant away Mace, I love your takes.