Thread: Do the Bills Have to Win ALL of We the Next 3 Games to Make the Play-offs?

SpikedLemonade

Do the Bills Have to Win ALL of We the Next 3 Games to Make the Play-offs?

We are 2-2 after 3 home games and now face @Tenn, 4-0 Cinn and Jags in London before the bye week. After the bye week, we have Mia at home before 3 consecutive road games against Jets, Pats and Chiefs.

Even assuming 10-6 gets us a wild card spot, I can't see how we get to 10-6 unless we win these next 3 games. 4-3 going into the bye means we need to go 6-3 after the bye week and I just don't see those wins on the schedule.

I think the Bills play-off hopes are in the balance over these next 3 games.

Cinci will be a tough win, but it has to do be done.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Do the Bills Have to Win ALL of We the Next 3 Games to Make the Play-offs?

We can get 6 wins after the bye, but it would require sweeping the Jets. Cinci is not a do-or-die must win, but if we lose it then one of our december games becomes one.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Playoffs ?? We're pretty far from making anything when the roadmap on how to beat us is out there.

4. Post thanked by:

notacon (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I cant see us making the playoffs below 10-6. Tenn and Jax should 100% be wins, if we lose either one of those then theres no way we win enough games to get to the playoffs. I think Cinci can be done, but we need to figure out how to shut down dalton and we havent exactly been strong against the good QB's weve played so far.

But I agree. We're 2-2 these next three need to set us up for a playoff push and they need to set the tone for the season. I need to see which Bills team is for real, the one we saw against the Pats and Giants or the one we saw against Indy and Mia

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's this simple: If they win 11 games in any order, they'll make the playoffs.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    It's this simple: If they win 11 games in any order, they'll make the playoffs.
    Yeah, that ain't happening.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

9. Post thanked by:

Topas (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

for the worrywarts, they won't make the playoffs. for the overly optimistic, its a no brainer, they'll make it.

for everyone else. they seem to have the talent if they can put together a full game together, they'll win games. if they self destruct, there is literally no predicting how bad this team will be.

For this group of fans, i think 2-2 is average. i think extrapolating the next 3 games is impossible. injuries happen. the bengals could get a slew of them and that could be a winnable game. The bills identity has not been cemented in stone. it really depends how the bills come out of this pretty terrible, self-inflicted loss and show if they are a playoff team. if they do, and they win. momentum is on their side. they lose this, and they are in a lot of hurt.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Remaining Games: 4-3 start is Ok with this schedule

OCT 11 @TITANS WINNABLE
    OCT 18 BENGALS L
    OCT 25 @JAGUARS WINNABLE
    NOV 8 DOLPHINS WINNABLE
    NOV 12 @JETS WINNABLE
    NOV 23 @PATRIOTS L
    NOV 29 @CHIEFS WINNABLE
    DEC 6 TEXANS WINNABLE
    DEC 13 @EAGLES WINNABLE
    DEC 20 @REDSKINS WINNABLE
    DEC 27 COWBOYS WINNABLE
    JAN 3 JETS WINNABLE

Only 2 very good teams: Pats & Cinci
    There are many easy teams on schedule: Titans, Jags, Dolphins, Redskins, Texans
    and quite a few mediocre teams: Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys

>>> Overall the Bills have the Talent & ease of Schedule to make playoffs. Question is can they put it together and execute.
    *Most Games on the Schedule are Winnable = 4-3 start will be OK

Last edited by Mike; 10-05-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Remaining Games: 4-3 start is Ok with this schedule

OCT 11 @TITANS WINNABLE
    OCT 18 BENGALS L
    OCT 25 @JAGUARS WINNABLE
    NOV 8 DOLPHINS WINNABLE
    NOV 12 @JETS WINNABLE
    NOV 23 @PATRIOTS L
    NOV 29 @CHIEFS WINNABLE
    DEC 6 TEXANS WINNABLE
    DEC 13 @EAGLES WINNABLE
    DEC 20 @REDSKINS WINNABLE
    DEC 27 COWBOYS WINNABLE
    JAN 3 JETS WINNABLE

Only 2 very good teams: Pats & Cinci
    There are many easy teams on schedule: Titans, Jags, Dolphins, Redskins, Texans
    and quite a few mediocre teams: Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys
    Most Games on the Schedule are WINNABLE
    I would put Dallas as a L as well, both Romo and Bryant will be back by then, but those other games are winnable.

Can this team go 8-4 over that schedule is the question? Will the play disciplined enough in the winnable games not to shoot themselves in the foot? Will they just run into a couple teams playing their best game of the season along the way?

It is certainly possible for them to be fighting for the 6th seed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I see 2-1 over the next 3 games.

After that, you really never know. Harder to project ~4 weeks down the road due to injuries, players returning, etc. I'd sincerely hope we'll be relatively healthy coming off the bye week. That will hopefully make a difference.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,999 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the AFC is incredibly weak right now. Besides the Pats, Broncos, and Bengals, what team looks better than the Bills? Of the remaining teams only the Jets have a winning record and it's hard to see a team with Fitzpatrick at qb making the playoffs. I would say every other team has more flaws/issues or less talent than the Bills.

The AFC South is garbage. The Colts will probably win the division, but the Jags, Titans, and Texans aren't competing for a WC.

In the AFC North the Steelers are going to be with a mistake-prone Vick for a while and their D is terrible. I think the Ravens will fight back, but their in a bigger hole at 1-3 and simply aren't as talented as they've been in the past. Cleveland sucks and they have the most brutal schedule.

In the West SD and Oakland are also 2-2, but neither have looked impressive in any of their games. The Chiefs are in a bigger hole at 1-3.

The Dolphins suck and just fired their coach.

15. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-05-2015)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

KC looked good against CIN - almost 500 yd offense (aided by the refs...1 pen in the 1st half - a blatant grab on a pick, and their OL was holding like crazy). Despite 5 sacks, Alex Smith got the ball to wr Macklin (11 catches for 148) and rb Charles (6 for 70) often. And Charles was a crisp 11 carries for 75 yards. CIN's D held them to seven (!) FGs. So KC can move the ball. I was very impressed with Macklin's play - he wheeled enough ahead of close coverage such that the db wasn't in position for a swipe-down of the ball.

NYJ are 3 and 1. They not make the playoffs with Fitz, but if Fitz beats BUF, BUF probably isn't going anywhere either.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

17. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Cincy game is huge. I mean in theory we should beat both the Jags and the Titans. The Bengals game is at the Ralph. I can't see us going 1-3 at home to start the season. But then again the Bengals are off to a hot start. We HAVE to win that game.

The game in KC is not as winnable as you guys think. Have you forgotten the past 2 years vs them ? And those games were at the Ralph. I would call that game a tougher task than the Bungles at home.

Hard to call any game a must win after just 4 games but obviously looking ahead you can start to draw conclusions. If we can somehow sweep the table before the bye week we are gonna be in great shape.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What's the point of making the playoffs if you can't beat good teams?

The Bills need to beat some of the better teams on the schedule. I think they can. They should be able to compete.

It would probably make me feel a little better if the Bills win a game they were outplayed in, instead of the other way around. It's great when you escape with a win you didn't deserve. Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The real question is do the Bills need to win ALL of their games, period, for the doomsayers to stfu? The answer is yes.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are, again, a middling team. They can beat the bad teams and will struggle against the good teams. Therefore over the next 4 games they will likely beat Tennessee, Jacksonville and Miami, but lose to Cincinnati. That would put them at 5-3 at the halfway point. Just enough to keep Bills fans interest alive. Just enough.

Unfortunately, after that they have 3 consecutive road games against NYJ, NE, and KC - all of which they could lose. Which would promptly drop them to 5-6 and fans would clamor "same old Bills". If this is really a different Bills team, a better one, then they must steal one, if not 2, of those away games in that stretch, IMO. The Jets are a better team than you all realize.
    Last edited by swiper; 10-06-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,560 Times in 17,444 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm more worried about the Tennessee game and the 3-game road stretch in November than I am Cincinnati.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Damn, you beat me to it :)