Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refs missed this call against Giants

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Refs missed this call against Giants

image.jpeg

Supposed to be automatically reviewed, in New York. Maybe we should send all the prostitutes directly to Jack the Ripper for night inspections, what could go wrong ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Refs missed this call against Giants

Refs were not the reason we lost that game. We can complain about the refs all we want, but the thing is if you need to rely on refs to win youre usually not going to anyways.

Bills need to control what they can control and the rest will fall into place

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
    Refs were not the reason we lost that game. We can complain about the refs all we want, but the thing is if you need to rely on refs to win youre usually not going to anyways.

Bills need to control what they can control and the rest will fall into place
    Like the 2 TD's the refs took from the Bills and gave 2 to the Giants ?? You do have a visual on this correct? It was a scoring play that needs to be reviewed, from start to finish. Think this was missed on a 3rd down ? You can't play 2 teams on Sunday, refs / opponents.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Like the 2 TD's the refs took from the Bills and gave 2 to the Giants ?? You do have a visual on this correct? It was a scoring play that needs to be reviewed, from start to finish. Think this was missed on a 3rd down ? You can't play 2 teams on Sunday, refs / opponents.
    Holding was the right call. I will say the chop block was iffy, but still you really want to blame the refs when incognito was stupid enough to try to take out the legs of another player thats 100% locked up and blocked?

Are you talking about the FG that the Bills got called for as one of the given touchdowns? Because that was 150% a penalty, sure maybe the ref should have warned him and tried to move him first, but do you seriously want to blame the damn refs for Kyle Williams not knowing you cant cover up the center on a Field goal? I've played football 8 years (high school and low level college) and I find it hard to believe that someone who's started in the NFL as long as I played my whole career doesnt know that rule.

The NFL does not have a vendetta against Buffalo. The Refs do not have a vendetta against Buffalo. Are we on a shorter leash than some teams when it comes to personal fouls? Absolutely, but thats not because the league hates us, its because Rex ALLOWS it to go on and cant control his team.

The reffing in the NFL this year has been horrendous. And I mean the whole league, not just against Buffalo. You cant honestly look at a team who is on pace to rack up the most penalties in NFL history and has DOUBLE the personal fouls of any other team and decide that it all must be the refs fault.

Im not arguing that this should have been reviewed, and probably should have been taken away. Even if this was a third down by the time he stepped out in this picture he still had the first down. All this would have done is let the Giants take even more time off the clock before scoring.

5. Post thanked by:

gebobs (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,149 Times in 5,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This was milk spilled last week. It's sour already.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

you got it backwards. that chop block was not iffy. that chop block was the very definition of a "chop block". if you don't call that, then there is no point to the penalty. the holding was the worst form of BS i've seen in a while. every down against the giants someone on the bills dline was getting held far worse and it was almost never called.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

8. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (10-09-2015),Novacane (10-10-2015),Skooby (10-09-2015),YardRat (10-09-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the bills lost bc they couldnt run, couldnt stop the run, and let the giants play them like punk ass *****es
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

10. Post thanked by:

Famous Amos (10-09-2015),MillsapsBillsFan (10-09-2015),Novacane (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    you got it backwards. that chop block was not iffy. that chop block was the very definition of a "chop block". if you don't call that, then there is no point to the penalty. the holding was the worst form of BS i've seen in a while. every down against the giants someone on the bills dline was getting held far worse and it was almost never called.
    The only reason I said iffy was because the "textbook definition" of a chop block says the contact has to be lower than what he did. But I do agree that it should have been called. The holding wasnt called because it was so egregious it was more because of the location of it, theres a huge difference between holding someone at the line of scrimmage and holding someone way back there behind the line and directly in front of the ref.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    image.jpeg

Supposed to be automatically reviewed, in New York. Maybe we should send all the prostitutes directly to Jack the Ripper for night inspections, what could go wrong ?
    who cares anymore..stop lamenting. Move on...

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We'll all feel better when we throttle the Titans.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

14. Post thanked by:

Skooby (10-09-2015),sukie (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You never lose because of just one thing, so saying we didn't lose because of penalties is a straw man and a really weak argument.

You lose for a lot of reasons, and poor referees can be one of those things.

Last Sunday, it was one of those things.

16. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (10-13-2015),Victor7 (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills played a poor game and like BuffaloRedleg says you can lose for more than one reason.

This past Sunday enemy No. was the Bills themselves with poor play and even poorer discipline.

With that said there is zero, none, nothing, nada doubt that the NFL referees affected the outcome unfavorably for us. This is not debatable. Forget the hold and the chop penalties which are indeed arguable. This play right here should not have been a td and it was. Boom 7 points off the board. Its that simple.

So while we didn't loose exclusively because of the zebras they sure had their share of blame in our demise.

18. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (10-09-2015),Famous Amos (10-09-2015),Mad Bomber (10-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,568 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The refs were horrible. Add in the fact that the Giants were taking liberties like, I don't know, punching players, which is automatic ejection, and it's no wonder they lost. But that's why people are starting to say that the NFL is becoming unwatchable because it looks crooked. They better do something soon about this.

20. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    You never lose because of just one thing, so saying we didn't lose because of penalties is a straw man and a really weak argument.

You lose for a lot of reasons, and poor referees can be one of those things.

Last Sunday, it was one of those things.
    I'm with you. It just seems like some people lean on the refs saying thats the only we lost. It a reason, not the whole one.

But I think everyone can agree that NFL reffing has been god-awful this season and something needs to be done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
    I'm with you. It just seems like some people lean on the refs saying thats the only we lost. It a reason, not the whole one.

But I think everyone can agree that NFL reffing has been god-awful this season and something needs to be done
    Yeah no doubt about that, and especially as a person who has season tickets this drives me absolutely batty.

I just want to make sure we don't let the NFL off the hook with this. We have all these things like challenges and booth reviews and whatever that slow down the flow of a game to an absolute crawl, I want something to show for it. Right now, all the crap they do to get things right is not only not increasing anyone's perception that the games are being accurately refereed AND make the game borderline unwatchable at times.

Now this garbage has poisoned hockey, for those who watched the game last night.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It seemed like every time the Giants ran up the middle they would get 5 yards. We couldn't stop their running backs.
    Everyone Manning dropped back, he'd get the the ball out way before our d line could get to him.
    Our special teams sucked.
    Bad penalties, these are the reasons Buffalo lost and they earned that lost, that game sucked.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The two dimensional still makes it look like contact with the ground occurred out of bounds. While the left foot was out I'm not sure it touched outside the field of play.
    a chop block is when the point of contact is the thigh or below. Cogs made contact at the waist. So not a chop block technically speaking.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The mother ****ing refs cost me $70 on fanduel with that chop block call. I had Tyrod and Clay and finished out of the money by 6/100th of a point!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    The mother ****ing refs cost me $70 on fanduel with that chop block call. I had Tyrod and Clay and finished out of the money by 6/100th of a point!
    Please. No one wants to hear another thing about Fanduel or Draftkings.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    We'll all feel better when we throttle the Titans.
    And full cycle after we lose to Cinci.