Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article written by Fred Jackson

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Interesting article written by Fred Jackson

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/fre...eahawks-bills/

Deals mostly with his move from Buffalo to Seattle, but he does discuss what happened with Whaley. I know hes not a Bill anymore, so if this needs to be moved go ahead.

I just thought this was an interesting article for those (like myself) who still like Fred

2. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Buddo (10-11-2015),don137 (10-10-2015),jimmifli (10-09-2015),Later (10-09-2015),Lucidvizion (10-11-2015),Mace (10-09-2015),Mr. Cynical (10-10-2015),sdbillsfan2 (10-09-2015),streetkings01 (10-09-2015),trapezeus (10-09-2015),YardRat (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Interesting article written by Fred Jackson

Cool article

Thanks for posting it

Love Fred for life

**** you Doug Whaley. Lying sack of ****.

That is all.

4. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-09-2015),WagonCircler (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Good article
    You can call me streetkings

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Awesome article. Thanks for sharing.

Really hoping this whole thing is just a blip and that after Fred retires he will be brought back in some sort of mentoring role (coach, advisor, etc.).

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Later View Post
    Awesome article. Thanks for sharing.

Really hoping this whole thing is just a blip and that after Fred retires he will be brought back in some sort of mentoring role (coach, advisor, etc.).
    Not while ***** Whaley is still here.

8. Post thanked by:

Later (10-10-2015),swiper (10-09-2015),Victor7 (10-09-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

thurman was furious being released by the bills. now he says it was the right move. just sayin
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so doug whaley makes the right football decision and decides its time to move on from freddie. so it leaks out and his new boss comes to him and says i dont think thats a good idea, i think he should stay. so doug reluctantly obliges the new owner and tells freddie he has nothing to worry about bc thats what he thinks is going to happen. in the meantime, the new coach gets his feet under him and tells the owner he thinks the original decision was the right one and fortunately convinces the owner to be an owner and let the gm be the gm

did whaley lie? no, of course not, he deferred to his boss and toed the company line at the time. when things changed back to the way they should have been in the first place and he got his proper decision making ability back, he let fred go in the earliest round of cuts so he could find another team

is this speculation? perhaps, but so is the idea that whaley is just a liar. in fact, based on what we know which one is more likely?

bottom line: releasing fred was the proper football decision. getting blamed for everything under the sun is part of the gm job, but it doesnt make the popular assumptions true

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    thurman was furious being released by the bills. now he says it was the right move. just sayin
    Stupid. Thomas was CLEARLY done. Jackson isn't.

12. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so doug whaley makes the right football decision and decides its time to move on from freddie. so it leaks out and his new boss comes to him and says i dont think thats a good idea, i think he should stay. so doug reluctantly obliges the new owner and tells freddie he has nothing to worry about bc thats what he thinks is going to happen. in the meantime, the new coach gets his feet under him and tells the owner he thinks the original decision was the right one and fortunately convinces the owner to be an owner and let the gm be the gm

did whaley lie? no, of course not, he deferred to his boss and toed the company line at the time. when things changed back to the way they should have been in the first place and he got his proper decision making ability back, he let fred go in the earliest round of cuts so he could find another team

is this speculation? perhaps, but so is the idea that whaley is just a liar. in fact, based on what we know which one is more likely?

bottom line: releasing fred was the proper football decision. getting blamed for everything under the sun is part of the gm job, but it doesnt make the popular assumptions true
    You're an idiot. STFU.

Whaley is the biggest piece of ***** I've ever seen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lol. all right then

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The fact that this week we might start a hobbled Boobie Dixon followed by Boom Herron and Cierre Woods strongly disagrees with your assessment. Matter of fact it pretty much obliterates it.

16. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (10-09-2015),Mace (10-09-2015),Mr. Cynical (10-10-2015),swiper (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Boobie Dixon hasn't been that good. Herron just signed. Who tf is Cirre Woods. Great move Whaley, you idiot.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

fred currently has a high ankle sprain. he might not play for anybody ever again and if he does its an injury that will likely nag him the rest of the season. which is exactly what happens with old rbs and is exactly why you decide to move on from them

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks dad.

But he's had those before and come back just fine. And, as if you've forgotten, FJax is not just any RB.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now that we're picking running backs from the street, it doesn't look like the right decision. Would rather have FJ starting instead of Boobie this Sunday

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fred is old and slow. People need to get over it. That being said. We could use his old and slow ass right now. That's for sure. Definitely a bad decision by the brillopad.

22. Post thanked by:

Homegrown (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just one of the trashed railroad cars in this past train wreck of an off season.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

fred currently has a high ankle sprain. he might not play for anybody ever again and if he does its an injury that will likely nag him the rest of the season. which is exactly what happens with old rbs and is exactly why you decide to move on from them
    He got rolled on. It's not a strain injury, or wear and tear. Nothing to do with age.

Your addiction to contrarian positions and pronouncements of superior intelligence is getting the best of you. Plus it's not even original or particularly entertaining

25. Post thanked by:

Mr. Cynical (10-10-2015),WagonCircler (10-09-2015)

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Move on people.

27. Post thanked by:

HHURRICANE (10-10-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,466 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think it's what you do with people, it's how you do it. They've claimed to want to make a classy, straight up organization, then just weren't.

I believe Jackson. I think if they had booted him and he'd known his job was on the line, he'd have been more philosophical about it, and going elsewhere. He was always pretty upfront about knowing he had to earn his job again, and nowhere near entitled.

I think if he'd not have been useful here, on the field and as a presence, it wouldn't matter much.

I think people who deny him fail to comprehend he caught the most passes of his career last year as a reliable outlet receiver, ignore his blocking and fighting for every yard, every play. Like McCoy is a better pure running back for speed and yards and what has that gained us. Jackson is slow, Spiller was faster, so what is Spiller doing for New Orleans ? Trent Richardson is faster, what has that done for anyone whoever ?

I think, they still needed Fred Jackson and are flailing around now trying to replace him with Cierre Wood, Boom Herron, needing to work out Richardson and some other guy I already forgot.

It's real easy to blame this on Whaley. Because, well, it's his fault. You can't even blame it on Ryan who said we aren't a better team for cutting him. Hello ? If your HC says that, like who's responsible for the best team you can put on the field, your GM. That's Whaley.

Count on Tyrod this week, he was Rex's lust, not EJ, Whaley's pick, to save them from Whaley's dazzling McCoy trade, while Tyrod can always throw to Whaley's Watkins, or Rex's Harvin.

They were aiming for Polian last spring, because Whaley is doing so awesome. 2-2 with a couple blowouts does not amp up his awesome. I believe Jackson. He's never been a sour grapes guy, just a happy soldier.

Whaley ? I dunno. He's Ryan's Idzik here, not that Ryan didn't almost gleefully jump into another fatal Idzikish embrace. Whaley was happy to survive not getting Polian, and wants to put on his big boy pants once in a while to show everyone how valuable he is.

So far imho, he's not.

Not sure what there is to blame on Jackson though. That he's not at fast as McCoy and Spiller, who are piling up those yards ?

Except they aren't. Deal with it. Sometimes you want more from a back. You want tough, desire, fierce. Last seasons stiff arm. New England tried to get him, and Seattle did, I suppose Whaley knows better than those clowns who played in the last Super Bowl.

29. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-10-2015)