Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What his coach/teammates are saying about Tyrod

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What his coach/teammates are saying about Tyrod

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bill...l#incart_river

Rex Ryan
    Our quarterback's got the biggest heart. Man, it was tough sledding, but man, he's got guts, he's got heart. He wasn't playing great, but at the end of the day, he's the reason we won the game.

He's tough, he's courageous. He just made a great play. Had a first down and then got the penalty. Just wow. Great effort on his part.

Robert Woods, wide receiver
    I want to say they were in two-man, just clearing out for him. He made the right read, they going to let him run. He's a dangerous guy when he gets some space. Even if you have one or two guys there, he's probably going to make them miss and get that first.

Percy Harvin, wide receiver
    As he dropped back, I seen all the defenders kind of turn their back, so I was saying, 'Run it!' Once he tucked it, I was kind of glad he did. I saw there was nobody even watching him. One-on-one, I'm going to pick Tyrod to make that play every time, and he did.

Nigel Bradham, linebacker
    I mean, he's unbelievable, man. His balance and everything. The things he can do with his legs and his arm, man, he's unbelievable. An unbelievable player. One thing we're going to do, we're going to always fight for him and try to get him as many wins as possible and get him the ball as often as we can, because he has the ability to do whatever and score at any time.

Boobie Dixon, running back
    He's the man. That lick he took when he got horse-collared. It hurt. I seen the pain on his face when I ran up on him. He was mouth-wide, hollering. But he stayed in the game and kept on willing us. Big shouts out to him. That was all him. He was giving that effort all day. He willed us today. It was all '5.'

Chris Hogan, wide receiver
    That's what Tyrod does. We go into games expecting that he's going to make plays. He's a pretty spectacular athlete. That's why he's becoming such a great quarterback. He's able to make plays with his feet, he's able to make plays with his arm, so when we needed some big plays, Tyrod stepped up.

Richie Incognito, guard
    That was awesome. I saw him running. He took it right up the middle and hit that sideline and it was a great run. It was exactly what we needed. We killed ourselves with penalties and we were way backed up. It's a game-changing moment.

Eric Wood, center
    We probably take it for granted that we have the most athletic quarterback in the league behind us. That big run reminded me a lot of the touchdown run that got called back. Those are two highlight plays.

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-12-2015),coastal (10-11-2015),Mace (10-11-2015)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What his coach/teammates are saying about Tyrod

In Summary " He's carrying us "

4. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (10-11-2015),Mace (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No offense to you Albany,ny, but I don't care about what come out of Rexys mouth anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm glad his teammates believe in him because I sure as hell don't. I need to see a few more games like Miami before I can really get behind him.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-11-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bill...l#incart_river

Rex Ryan
    Our quarterback's got the biggest heart. Man, it was tough sledding, but man, he's got guts, he's got heart. He wasn't playing great, but at the end of the day, he's the reason we won the game.

He's tough, he's courageous. He just made a great play. Had a first down and then got the penalty. Just wow. Great effort on his part.

Robert Woods, wide receiver
    I want to say they were in two-man, just clearing out for him. He made the right read, they going to let him run. He's a dangerous guy when he gets some space. Even if you have one or two guys there, he's probably going to make them miss and get that first.

Percy Harvin, wide receiver
    As he dropped back, I seen all the defenders kind of turn their back, so I was saying, 'Run it!' Once he tucked it, I was kind of glad he did. I saw there was nobody even watching him. One-on-one, I'm going to pick Tyrod to make that play every time, and he did.

Nigel Bradham, linebacker
    I mean, he's unbelievable, man. His balance and everything. The things he can do with his legs and his arm, man, he's unbelievable. An unbelievable player. One thing we're going to do, we're going to always fight for him and try to get him as many wins as possible and get him the ball as often as we can, because he has the ability to do whatever and score at any time.

Boobie Dixon, running back
    He's the man. That lick he took when he got horse-collared. It hurt. I seen the pain on his face when I ran up on him. He was mouth-wide, hollering. But he stayed in the game and kept on willing us. Big shouts out to him. That was all him. He was giving that effort all day. He willed us today. It was all '5.'

Chris Hogan, wide receiver
    That's what Tyrod does. We go into games expecting that he's going to make plays. He's a pretty spectacular athlete. That's why he's becoming such a great quarterback. He's able to make plays with his feet, he's able to make plays with his arm, so when we needed some big plays, Tyrod stepped up.

Richie Incognito, guard
    That was awesome. I saw him running. He took it right up the middle and hit that sideline and it was a great run. It was exactly what we needed. We killed ourselves with penalties and we were way backed up. It's a game-changing moment.

Eric Wood, center
    We probably take it for granted that we have the most athletic quarterback in the league behind us. That big run reminded me a lot of the touchdown run that got called back. Those are two highlight plays.
    you don't think they would trash talk there teammate for all to see do you? TT is average at best right now, he is part of the reason the offense is sputtering.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are too funny... he's putting up top 10 numbers, carrying us on O without his best WR and top 2 RBs... and it's still not enough?

10. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-12-2015),Buckets (10-13-2015),DynaPaul (10-12-2015),Gilly (10-13-2015),HHURRICANE (10-11-2015),kgun12 (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
    You guys are too funny... he's putting up top 10 numbers,
    82 yards net passing.

For the whole game.

Against one of the worst teams in football.

12. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-13-2015),TacklingDummy (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are too funny... he's putting up top 10 numbers, carrying us on O without his best WR and top 2 RBs... and it's still not enough?
    Top 10 fantasy numbers don't mean much. His passing was downright awful for much of the game. He made some big plays with his legs and made it work and that's fine but he was a significant part of the problem for most of the game.

14. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-12-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    82 yards net passing.

For the whole game.

Against one of the worst teams in football.
    Well, to be fair, their pass defense was 23 spots ahead of ours before the game, and their pass offense 9 spots ahead of us. So if they're one of the worst teams in football, we just upset a better team. (they were : offense 10 rushing, 13th passing, us 6/22, defense they were 20 rush, 6 pass, us 3/29).

I don't think they're one of the worst teams in football anymore, hombre.

16. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-12-2015),HHURRICANE (10-11-2015),kgun12 (10-11-2015),Topas (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well, to be fair, their pass defense was 23 spots ahead of ours before the game, and their pass offense 9 spots ahead of us. So if they're one of the worst teams in football, we just upset a better team. (they were : offense 10 rushing, 13th passing, us 6/22, defense they were 20 rush, 6 pass, us 3/29).

I don't think they're one of the worst teams in football anymore, hombre.
    Hmmm. They were 2-14 last year, hombre.

And I repeat:

EIGHTY TWO YARDS NET PASSING.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by WagonCircler; 10-11-2015 at 09:10 PM.

18. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And I repeat:

AND A WIN!!!
    FTFY

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-11-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And I repeat:

Pathetic.
    We were 9-7, hombre. Last year is still last year. They won.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Man, sure Tyrod isn't perfect but you guys are just abusive.

23. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-12-2015),Buckets (10-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did you watch the game on Sunday? He looked like absolute crap as a passer. He is a running back disguised as a QB. If that makes you happy, then great - but he's not a good QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The first pass he threw was to a guy at about the line of scrimmage. Taylor was under no pressure. He threw it behind and at his feet. It was comical. It set the tone for his first half.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    The first pass he threw was to a guy at about the line of scrimmage. Taylor was under no pressure. He threw it behind and at his feet. It was comical. It set the tone for his first half.
    eh, what set the tone for the first half was the penalty on the freaking kickoff. I think you see a completely different first half on all sides of the ball if that doesn't happen.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

27. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did you watch the game on Sunday? He looked like absolute crap as a passer. He is a running back disguised as a QB. If that makes you happy, then great - but he's not a good QB.
    Right. He is a bad QB because he helps us win only in the fourth quarter. We need to win the first quarter.
    And now that we have seen five games from him we can make a definitive assessment. That is enough tape to decide for good if he is worth it. There is absolutely no possibility that he might further improve. And considering our strong QB history in the last 15 years and our options this year he just sucks in comparison to these stalwarts. Fitz would be so much better.
    \sarcasm end

Look, nobody disagress that he heas to improve. Nobody disagrees that he stunk for large parts of the last games. But I have hope because he has some important traits:
    - pocket awareness (he holds the ball too long but he anticipates rushers well and moves in the pocket well IMO)
    - accuracy and ball placement (on sideline routes on ly the receiver can catch it)
    - composure and leadership (he never looks nervous, the game is not too big for him)

Some more promising aspects (that I dont value as highly as the two above)
    - arm strength
    - running ability
    - not an idiot (that is not important, but I like how he carries himself and that he is not a bragging idiot)

Of course he has to improve on
    - reading the D
    - decisiveness (not holding the ball so long)
    - throwing to the middle of the field

But for four reasons I think this can corrected:
    - the O line did not help, he had time for a few passes, but on other passes there was somebody in the backfield right from the beginning (hello Seantrel !!!) and the running game did not help either
    - its only five games
    - we will hopefully get some playmakers back from the tub
    - our WRs have a severe case of dropsies in the last two games, I hope that will change

So is there a chance that he will not become an adequate QB? Definitely.
    But I like his odds much more than those from any other QB in the last 15 years. For the others the list of positives was shorter and the list of negatives was longer. And usually the positives did not include accuracy for the other QBs.

And I know you will roast me for the pocket awareness. But that is what I think. He feels the rush. The problem is holding the ball too long because he has problem reading the D.

And by the way, how is Winston doing in Tampa Bay? And he was a first overall.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did anyone watch when we played Indi, Denver, and the packers. Each QB had misses idemtical to all the misses Tyrod. Ive seen Peyton at least once a game short arm that pass

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    Right. He is a bad QB because he helps us win only in the fourth quarter. We need to win the first quarter.
    And now that we have seen five games from him we can make a definitive assessment. That is enough tape to decide for good if he is worth it. There is absolutely no possibility that he might further improve. And considering our strong QB history in the last 15 years and our options this year he just sucks in comparison to these stalwarts. Fitz would be so much better.
    \sarcasm end

Look, nobody disagress that he heas to improve. Nobody disagrees that he stunk for large parts of the last games. But I have hope because he has some important traits:
    - pocket awareness (he holds the ball too long but he anticipates rushers well and moves in the pocket well IMO)
    - accuracy and ball placement (on sideline routes on ly the receiver can catch it)
    - composure and leadership (he never looks nervous, the game is not too big for him)

Some more promising aspects (that I dont value as highly as the two above)
    - arm strength
    - running ability
    - not an idiot (that is not important, but I like how he carries himself and that he is not a bragging idiot)

Of course he has to improve on
    - reading the D
    - decisiveness (not holding the ball so long)
    - throwing to the middle of the field

But for four reasons I think this can corrected:
    - the O line did not help, he had time for a few passes, but on other passes there was somebody in the backfield right from the beginning (hello Seantrel !!!) and the running game did not help either
    - its only five games
    - we will hopefully get some playmakers back from the tub
    - our WRs have a severe case of dropsies in the last two games, I hope that will change

So is there a chance that he will not become an adequate QB? Definitely.
    But I like his odds much more than those from any other QB in the last 15 years. For the others the list of positives was shorter and the list of negatives was longer. And usually the positives did not include accuracy for the other QBs.

And I know you will roast me for the pocket awareness. But that is what I think. He feels the rush. The problem is holding the ball too long because he has problem reading the D.

And by the way, how is Winston doing in Tampa Bay? And he was a first overall.
    So you just proved my point. His pluses are that he's a good running back. His minuses are that he's a bad QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So you just proved my point. His pluses are that he's a good running back. His minuses are that he's a bad QB.
    lol, so pocket awareness, accuracy, arm strength and ball placement are the signs of a great running back. I heard Adrian Peterson has great pocket awareness and Eric Dickerson had absolute superior ball placement

Actually my biggest minus is that I respond to trolls...
    Last edited by Topas; 10-13-2015 at 03:21 AM.

32. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-13-2015)