Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Kelly's debut didn't exactly fly under the radar either.
    No, I was there for that, and it was exciting as hell, but what I mean is the raw physical talent. The speed. It just jumps right out at you.

Playing QB in the NFL is far and away the hardest thing to do in any sport on Earth, but the complexity isn't so visually, glaringly obvious, even though it's definitely the most impressive thing you can do, especially as a rookie*.

But speed and shooting--wow. The really talented players just look like they're playing a different game than everybody else.

2. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (10-15-2015),sahlensguy (10-15-2015),YardRat (10-15-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,348 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    No, I was there for that, and it was exciting as hell, but what I mean is the raw physical talent. The speed. It just jumps right out at you.

Playing QB in the NFL is far and away the hardest thing to do in any sport on Earth, but the complexity isn't so visually, glaringly obvious, even though it's definitely the most impressive thing you can do, especially as a rookie*.

But speed and shooting--wow. The really talented players just look like they're playing a different game than everybody else.
    Let's not forget the skating, lol. I think it was his last preseason goal, the short handed rush from the defensive zone one that stood out to me. Just before the crease, with a full head of steam, Eichel cut to his right and shot the wrister while on the outside of his right skate blade. Wow, skating with such skill, power and confidence is unusual at his age.

4. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-15-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

I am with you on the speed and the shot... love his first few strides, he is up to speed in an instant...powerful looking.... that shot against Columbus was evil...has about 4 inches to hit, and nailed it...

6. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-15-2015)