Thread: What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

It looks like 2 teams are pulling out all the stops in an attempt to get that coveted #1 pick.
    SF trades Davis & then names Gabbert their starting QB. Tennessee sees the Mularkey Miracle as their best shot.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

I think the 49ers are definitely throwing in the towel, quite possibly shooting for the first pick. I mean who in their right mind who choose to start Gabbert on purpose? Trading Vernon certainly won't make them better, either. Makes them deliberately worse. He's a good player who will have success in Denver, I think. San Fran went so far into the toilet so fast that they may as we'll go whole-hog at this point.

The Titans really needed to fire Whisenhunt, sooner or later. I'm not so sure that they'll have a worse record without him...I really doubt that. Nowhere to go but up for them. Also, the Titans already have their quarterback for the foreseeable future in Mariota. I really think the Titans are trying to help themselves THIS YEAR, at any rate.
    Last edited by feldspar; 11-03-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

I wonder if Ray Horton is going the Jerry Gray route: Once thought of as a possible head coaching candidate, then they bring in Dick Lebeau to help him coordinate the defense, now Mularkey chosen over him to take the interim coaching job. It's been a downhill slide ever since Arizona passed him by and hired Bruce Arians.