X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Penalties - Bills vs Patriots

My favorite one tonight was when they were so zealous to protect Brady that they whistled it dead before a Bill was even close enough to breathe on him. Then when they realized they cost the Pats a big completion, they just handed them a 15 yard penalty.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Because Rex Ryan was interfering with the sideline judge.

Yeah, I love my fatass coach too.

Not.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Play should have never counted. Whistle was clearly blown before the catch, thus replay down and NO penalty.

Another f up among the many.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
          Because Rex Ryan was interfering with the sideline judge.

Yeah, I love my fatass coach too.

Not.
          Two questions...

How?

The how is easy to negate. The play should have been called dead as the ball was in the air while the whistle blew. Dead ball, replay down. Can't call an interference call on Rex when the play is supposedly over. My theory is the refs knew they ****ed up and Amendola probably would have gotten at least 15 more yards so they create this BS interference penalty to give the Pats a few more yards.

Comment

• Victor7
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
            Two questions...

How?

The how is easy to negate. The play should have been called dead as the ball was in the air while the whistle blew. Dead ball, replay down. Can't call an interference call on Rex when the play is supposedly over. My theory is the refs knew they ****ed up and Amendola probably would have gotten at least 15 more yards so they create this BS interference penalty to give the Pats a few more yards.
            That is exactly what happened.

They did "the right thing" if you will by ignoring the rules and calling a bogus penalty on Rex. Play should've never counted and no penalty can be assessed on the death ball.

By doing the "right thing" they actually doubled down on the mistakes. Making a mistake to correct another mistake is unbelievably stupid.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

I didn't even watch this stupid game. Had to be up at 4AM in the morning for work and I've seen this same routine ad nauseum. Checked the papers and message boards this morning and yup, same story. De ja vu. It'll never change as long as Belichick and Brady are there

Comment

Working...
              X