Thread: I really feel for Sammy Watkins

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really feel for Sammy Watkins

in the words of Ezekiel Elliott, "the team wasn't put in a position to win". Every time the man was called upon he comes up big, granted it was 3 catches, but he also drew the big PI penalty for another big game. The dude is a baller, however our offensive coordinator insists on running the ball when down by 10 to Tom Brady with 6 minutes to go. We did not deserve to win that game, thus for against New England we didnt.

I'm angry.. that is all. I'm sure others feel the same way.
    WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
    ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I really feel for Sammy Watkins

He has the potential to be like Julio Jones...we just have had garbage at QB for 20 years.
    "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

3. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will never understand why they refuse to give him the ball in space with quick screens or whatever. Thats why he was so effective at clemson, but we refuse to give him the chance to make plays here

5. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Roman is outsmarting his own players.

3rd and inches and we try HB sweep....brilliant.

7. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (11-24-2015),Thurmal (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are nuts. He isn't, and will never be anywhere near, as good as Julio Jones.

He's scared to take a hit. Look at the play that had to be reviewed in order to be called a catch. If he wasn't such a puss, he could have got both feet down, Chris Carter Style.

He might just be injury prone and he knows it. In that case, I can see why he goes the extra mile to shy away from hits even when it hurts the team's chance of picking up the W.
    Last edited by The Natrix; 11-23-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Something must be wrong with Sammie. He looked slow changing directions and took longer than usual to get up to full speed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sammy was good yesterday but they were making a concerted effort to roll coverage his way.

LBs were buzzing underneath his routes often with the corner over the top which was taking away his slant.

There are ways to keep that from happening but Roman isn't making it a point to get Sammy the ball. He was trying to be clever and get the ball to Woods and Hogan.

Every game plan against every team should involve getting Sammy catches early and often to open things up for the others. Not the other way around.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Natrix View Post
    You guys are nuts. He isn't, and will never be anywhere near, as good as Julio Jones.

He's scared to take a hit. Look at the play that had to be reviewed in order to be called a catch. If he wasn't such a puss, he could have got both feet down, Chris Carter Style.

He might just be injury prone and he knows it. In that case, I can see why he goes the extra mile to shy away from hits even when it hurts the team's chance of picking up the W.
    I'm guessing you don't know much about him at all. I have been following him since I followed his recruiting out of high school and he is not a 'puss'. Flip on the Orange Bowl when he demolished Ohio State...he is not afraid to take a hit. Give me a break.

12. Post thanked by:

direbills (11-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,482 Times in 7,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Shady25 View Post
    in the words of Ezekiel Elliott, "the team wasn't put in a position to win". Every time the man was called upon he comes up big, granted it was 3 catches, but he also drew the big PI penalty for another big game. The dude is a baller, however our offensive coordinator insists on running the ball when down by 10 to Tom Brady with 6 minutes to go. We did not deserve to win that game, thus for against New England we didnt.

I wouldn't blame Roman just yet. The running game was working fine but we didn't have a qb who could take advantage .

Tyrod just isn't a qb with an above average passing game. He's too inexperienced to make things happen with his arm. If only he had Fitz's brain to go with his talent, we'd e all set.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't feel a whit of sorrow for him. BUF paid a King's ransom to move up and select His Highness.

Multi-million dollar paycheck. Moans publicly about how others aren't shining his star. How about glancing over and eyeing the LOS time to time, how about working with the qb choises, right or wrong? How about curling back to the action time to time to toss an out-of-the blue block?

He's far from a complete player.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,470 Times in 14,178 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I wouldn't blame Roman just yet. The running game was working fine but we didn't have a qb who could take advantage .

Tyrod just isn't a qb with an above average passing game. He's too inexperienced to make things happen with his arm. If only he had Fitz's brain to go with his talent, we'd e all set.
    Roman is the one calling the plays with the limited progressions. Not sure how it's not his fault Watkins isn't even being looked at on most drop backs.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To me it looks like on a week to week basis Taylor just never looks in a particular guys direction and focuses on someone else. Who the stud WR is going to be for the week is something you can never predict as it changes so often.

Prior to this week, for the past couple games Taylor basically ignored Robert Woods existence, this week he went to him early and often while ignoring Watkins and Clay. Next week Woods could be completely ignored and Clay will go off. Then Clay will be completely ignored versus Houston and Hogan will go off.

There's just no way to know which guy he's gonna favor and he does absolutely nothing to spread the ball around.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,355 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't. From what I saw he was dogging it all night. BB double covered him. Elite WRs fight through it. He dogged it, lazily put his hand up, as if expecting a pass, as if there was a QB in the world who'd throw it to a WR blanketed by a CB and safety who wasn't even giving a moderate effort to get open.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,850 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree that Taylor often didn't even look to the side of the field Sammy lined up on. This happened on run plays too. Sammy lined up wide on the right and the give was to Shady on the left and vice versa. It was predictable.