• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: worst reffed game ive seen

I'd like to know why we didn't get one more play with two seconds on the clock when Sammy voluntarily went out of bounds on the catch, untouched by a defender.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

You guys have overlooked the worst decision yesterday.. The obvious facemask on Shady where the flag was thrown and then it was picked up.. Absolute ****ing joke.. And the Patriot defenders were barking at the refs almost like they were telling them that wasn't a penalty and to pick up the flag lol

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

It's hard for me to watch any NFL game, outside of the Bills. College football is king.

The NFL Redzone is the only other avenue to the NFL for me, since the refs and commercials cannot be stars.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
          The reason that the "inadvertent whistle" was called is because the ref was trying to keep Brady from getting hit. Period.
          The reason it was blown was because Brady had been grounding the ball, legally by the rules, all game and the sideline judge, his view blocked by Rex's fat ass, did not see Amendola break inside. It should have been a dead ball spot replay, but the 15-yarder was legit.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
            The reason it was blown was because Brady had been grounding the ball, legally by the rules, all game and the sideline judge, his view blocked by Rex's fat ass, did not see Amendola break inside. It should have been a dead ball spot replay, but the 15-yarder was legit.
            What exactly was Rex doing there on that play? What a buffoon.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
              Clearly Rex was in the wrong, but if it's a dead ball spot replay like you say it should have been then there can not be a penalty on either team.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                I'd like to know why we didn't get one more play with two seconds on the clock when Sammy voluntarily went out of bounds on the catch, untouched by a defender.
                The official statement by the refs was that they ruled that Sammy gave himself up in the field of play, which is not reviewable and absolutely ridiculous. If that's really what the refs thought, then it's clear to me that they do not understand the game of football.

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                  Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                  So, Darby gives up on the play. He almost certainly would have been able to tackle him for minimal more gain. AND they added 15 yards on it as well.
                  Yeah, it was pretty annoying that the announcers kept saying that would have been a touchdown. Our CB (I thought it was Gilmore) stopped covering when he heard the whistle. He would have been in position to maybe break up the pass, but definitely make the tackle.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
                    Yeah, it was pretty annoying that the announcers kept saying that would have been a touchdown. Our CB (I thought it was Gilmore) stopped covering when he heard the whistle. He would have been in position to maybe break up the pass, but definitely make the tackle.
                    "Look at how much open field he has to work with when the defense stops moving!"

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                      Clearly Rex was in the wrong, but if it's a dead ball spot replay like you say it should have been then there can not be a penalty on either team.
                      I know that's what they said, but I don't see how that follows. Ryan clearly obstructed the referee causing the inadvertent whistle. I've tried to find the text for that rule, but haven't been able to so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
                      Yeah, it was pretty annoying that the announcers kept saying that would have been a touchdown.
                      Almost as annoying: Nickel Robie.
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

That was a poorly reffed game for both sides. Bills fans have to be the biggest whiners about refs though, so predictable.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

This year has been really bad for refs. Every game I've watched I feel like there is zero flow. Too many committees. Too many random calls. At this point just let them play.

As for this game, typical smaller bs calls early like the graham holding, there was a helmet to helmet on woods uncalled. The inadvertent whistle was garbage. There were time Brady grounded the ball inside the pocket. Those are momentum turners. I think the refs were so proud that they didn't call a roughing he passer call that they just let everything else go

it is important to keep a team with almost no starters dominant. It makes no sense. The Cowboys lose romo and they can't win a game without him. The pats lose everyone else and they score 20 points. It isn't right. And it is not because there is one smart coach. It is because they are doing stuff and get breaks that no other team gets.

Comment

• Spartacus
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                            So, Darby gives up on the play. He almost certainly would have been able to tackle him for minimal more gain. AND they added 15 yards on it as well.
                            No disagreement here. Amendola had Darby beat, the completion would have been made even if the whistle hadn't been blown, but he had to slow up for the ball and Darby would have been on him before he could move more than three or four yards.

So, spotting the ball at the point of the catch was the fair thing to do.

And, ONCE AGAIN, Rex costs the team 15 yds because he he can't control himself on the sideline. If I remember correctly, he cost the team in the first Pats game too.
                            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              No disagreement here. Amendola had Darby beat, the completion would have been made even if the whistle hadn't been blown, but he had to slow up for the ball and Darby would have been on him before he could move more than three or four yards.

And, ONCE AGAIN, Rex costs the team 15 yds because he he can't control himself on the sideline. If I remember correctly, he cost the team in the first Pats game too.
                              If the whistle blows while the ball is in the air, they are supposed to just replay the play.

Believe me, I am hearing MUCH more than is even on here. I haven't read the whole thing but...
                              On the TD by the Pats, the refs were extremely quick at spotting the ball so that NE could catch us offsides. BUT, in the last two minute of the GAME, (I didn't watch) I heard the refs actually let time roll off the clock discussing whether Woods made a first down or not and never put that time back on the clock, plus, after a fumble by the Bills, they took their sweet time spotting that ball too. And don't forget the last play of the game where Watkins without being touched fell and pushed himself out of bounds. "He gave himself up" is the most ridiculous argument that can be made. Of COURSE he would just give up on the last play of the game and didn't even try to get out of bounds.

Comment

• feldspar
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post

Yeah, it was the fair thing to do...but it wasn't the CORRECT thing to do. The play was whistled dead before the ball was caught, and there is zero doubt about that.

I really have no problem with it being called a catch, but there was a circumvention of the rules by the refs to mask their own blunder. How many times have you seen the refs throw away the book in favor of what's fair? In effect, all the refs did was knowingly break a rule to favor one team. On the other hand, maybe they really didn't know where the ball was when the whistle was blown, which wouldn't surprise me either.

The bottom line is that the refs screwed up big-time, and this is what we are left with.

The only thing that bothers me about it is the sentiment that the Patriots were robbed of a 70-yard touchdown because of the inadvertent whistle. Lots of people think that, and it isn't true in all likelihood.

Comment

Working...
                                X