• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: worst reffed game ive seen

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Amendola was running up field, Darby was going sideways. And with how good the Bills tackled last night, you think he makes that tackle? If Darby even touches Amendola for that matter.

There is only other Bills player down field and he's getting blocked.

Amendola, without a doubt, scores.

The inadvertent whistle took a full 7 points off the board for the Pats, the drive ended on a long missed field goal and gave the Bills good field position that they capitalized for the only TD of the game.

Funny, or sad part, is if that's Watkins catching the ball with Butler in the same position, every Bills fan on this board blows up about how it cost the Bills 7 points and it's just another reason why the league is conspiring against them.
    I'll give Brady and his wrs credit. When he had a successful strike, the ball was often placed on moving receivers just above and over the shoulder. And several times, they scooped up in-stride low passes.

The BUF db corps played lights-out most of the game - Brady tossed the ball to the turf often, instead of risking a pick.

This could be a coming trend. CIN's Dalton has pretty much done same throughout the season.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-24-2015, 01:45 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

I did, and the link mentions Hughes...

Hughes wasn't being substituted in. He was in the on the play before, he was just slow as molasses getting to the LOS. Only about 20 yards short.
      The substitution/lack of one was a moot point. Simply because NE gave the appearance of a substation the Ref should have stood over the ball and let the Bills Set (this rule 504a). Secondly, the Ball was stopped when Highes was in NE backfield this is a Dead Spot Foul and automatic penalty on Bills. The play should have been blown dead.

NE was still the better team and rightfully won the game. The Bills could have won had they played with more discipline and really took advantage of their shots.

What Really stood out for everyone to see is how Piss Poor NFL officiating has been. Fortunelly this might be the straw that broke the camel's back. Officiating will be improved in offseason.
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• Famous Amos
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        This year has been really bad for refs. Every game I've watched I feel like there is zero flow. Too many committees. Too many random calls. At this point just let them play.

As for this game, typical smaller bs calls early like the graham holding, there was a helmet to helmet on woods uncalled. The inadvertent whistle was garbage. There were time Brady grounded the ball inside the pocket. Those are momentum turners. I think the refs were so proud that they didn't call a roughing he passer call that they just let everything else go

it is important to keep a team with almost no starters dominant. It makes no sense. The Cowboys lose romo and they can't win a game without him. The pats lose everyone else and they score 20 points. It isn't right. And it is not because there is one smart coach. It is because they are doing stuff and get breaks that no other team gets.
        It was tough to watch, every big play gets reviewed butTV picks and chooses when they want to show a replay. There are some penalties that never get showed in review so viewers are left wondering how that happened. They referee conferences are ridiculous. These guys are under so much pressure they are afraid to call penalties or they just call anything if it's close.

Oh and ESPN can go **** the selves for showing commercials at every opportunity.
        "Hate is a lack of imagination."
        -Graham Greene

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

I think it would be wonderfully entertaining is a team like the Pats Lost the SB because of piss poor officiating after going undefeated in the regular season. Now that would be a Comedy.
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            The substitution/lack of one was a moot point. Simply because NE gave the appearance of a substation the Ref should have stood over the ball and let the Bills Set (this rule 504a). Secondly, the Ball was stopped when Highes was in NE backfield this is a Dead Spot Foul and automatic penalty on Bills. The play should have been blown dead.

NE was still the better team and rightfully won the game. The Bills could have won had they played with more discipline and really took advantage of their shots.

What Really stood out for everyone to see is how Piss Poor NFL officiating has been. Fortunelly this might be the straw that broke the camel's back. Officiating will be improved in offseason.
            Offsides isn't a dead ball foul. It's a referee discretion call on if the guy who is offsides can get a free shot at the QB or it forces an offensive lineman to flinch.

No one on New Englands line moved, and Hughes was about 20 yards away

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
              I don't agree. The one time he tossed it away in the pocket that I know of and it was right at the running back's feet.
              The third down before their first fg. From pocket he sailed in about two yards short of the first row. St Brady can do as he pleases.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                The third down before their first fg
                ...was a short pass to Amendola. McKelvin stopped him short.

From pocket he sailed in about two yards short of the first row.
                I don't understand what that means.

St Brady can do as he pleases.
                It's infuriating, but he's one of those guys that the game is slow motion for. He was 20/39 and probably a dozen of those incompletions were deliberate. All I know is I was screaming grounding on a few of them and then I would see Gronkowski or Amendola with the ball at their feet. I didn't see any that were definitively a penalty, but maybe I missed it. I had the Bills on the iPad and the Sabres on my phone.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Victor7
                  • Jul 2013

I did, and the link mentions Hughes...

Hughes wasn't being substituted in. He was in the on the play before, he was just slow as molasses getting to the LOS. Only about 20 yards short.
                  Doesn't matter if Hughes was being subbed in or not. When Chandler went on to the field that counts as a sub and the defense is allowed time before the snap. Even if they don't sub players in.

It was another mistake.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    The tthat inadvertent whistle is that there is no way Darby wouldn't have made that tackle. He was right there in prime position to make the tackle, but gave up on the play after he heard the whistle. No doubt about it. Then you have to hear the announcers go on and on about how the Patriots got done wrong...they got another 15 yards out of it including the penalty. It was like a 29-yard play altogether, more than half being the penalty.

The whole thing worked to the Patriots advantage, really.

But that whistle fiasco DID NOT stop a TD like how they tried to spin it. I watched the play several times. Darby didn't go for the tackle because of the whistle, again. Period. He more than likely makes the tackle on the spot without the whistle.

And the whistle was blown when the ball was still in the air, without a doubt. How is that still a live ball and called a catch according to the rules? I've NEVER seen anything like that before. The play is dead at at the whistle...that's the rule I thought. I've seen whistles blown too soon before legitimate fumbles happened, and they say "sorry, that was no fumble because we blew the whistle already."

Did they circumvent the rules in favor of the Pats in the name of some on-the-spot fairness this time? Seems like it.

I'll tell you, if you put a whistle in my hand for five years, I don't think there would ever be a time where I blew it accidentally. "Inadvertent whistle" is the PC way of saying "we ****ed up" in the most fundamental way. Could be they didn't want to see Brady get hit there, like you said.
                    I 100% guerentee you have an inadvertent whistle at least once in your first 5 years of officiating.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

The NFL has admitted that Bills receiver Sammy Watkins got out of bounds with two seconds remaining on Monday night, meaning the Bills should have had time to run one last play in their 20-13 loss to the Patriots.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                        Doesn't matter if Hughes was being subbed in or not. When Chandler went on to the field that counts as a sub and the defense is allowed time before the snap. Even if they don't sub players in.

It was another mistake.
                        Yes, the defense has to be allowed time to adjust based on what the offense does. The Bills should run people of and on the field to try and catch the defense off-guard. Another brilliant scheme by NE, it'll be call the sub-rule (there's already a rule).

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

The Refs watched NE's safeties / corners never look back for passes while running into the Bills WR. They only called one penalty (P. Interference) for that event on NE & that one wasn't near a scoring play.

What a complete joke.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Probably should look to see how often they do it, but NFL rules state that a substitution isn't a substitution if the player hasn't crossed the numbers, which Chandler didn't. Could this be another case of New England "not really breaking the rules" but screwing around with the spirit of the rule?

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              Bull****. Is that supposed to be funny, or do you hate the Bills that much?

It started early with Rambo's INT called back over a bad holding call on Corey Graham. He jammed the guy within five yards is what Graham did, and the Pats ended up scoring three instead of the Bills being set up with 1st and 10 already in field gaol range in a scoreless game.
                              He hates the Bills that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X