Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: worst reffed game ive seen

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: worst reffed game ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    I don't agree. The one time he tossed it away in the pocket that I know of and it was right at the running back's feet.
    The third down before their first fg. From pocket he sailed in about two yards short of the first row. St Brady can do as he pleases.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    The third down before their first fg
    ...was a short pass to Amendola. McKelvin stopped him short.

From pocket he sailed in about two yards short of the first row.
    I don't understand what that means.

St Brady can do as he pleases.
    It's infuriating, but he's one of those guys that the game is slow motion for. He was 20/39 and probably a dozen of those incompletions were deliberate. All I know is I was screaming grounding on a few of them and then I would see Gronkowski or Amendola with the ball at their feet. I didn't see any that were definitively a penalty, but maybe I missed it. I had the Bills on the iPad and the Sabres on my phone.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I did, and the link mentions Hughes...

Hughes wasn't being substituted in. He was in the on the play before, he was just slow as molasses getting to the LOS. Only about 20 yards short.
    Doesn't matter if Hughes was being subbed in or not. When Chandler went on to the field that counts as a sub and the defense is allowed time before the snap. Even if they don't sub players in.

It was another mistake.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    The tthat inadvertent whistle is that there is no way Darby wouldn't have made that tackle. He was right there in prime position to make the tackle, but gave up on the play after he heard the whistle. No doubt about it. Then you have to hear the announcers go on and on about how the Patriots got done wrong...they got another 15 yards out of it including the penalty. It was like a 29-yard play altogether, more than half being the penalty.

The whole thing worked to the Patriots advantage, really.

But that whistle fiasco DID NOT stop a TD like how they tried to spin it. I watched the play several times. Darby didn't go for the tackle because of the whistle, again. Period. He more than likely makes the tackle on the spot without the whistle.

And the whistle was blown when the ball was still in the air, without a doubt. How is that still a live ball and called a catch according to the rules? I've NEVER seen anything like that before. The play is dead at at the whistle...that's the rule I thought. I've seen whistles blown too soon before legitimate fumbles happened, and they say "sorry, that was no fumble because we blew the whistle already."

Did they circumvent the rules in favor of the Pats in the name of some on-the-spot fairness this time? Seems like it.

I'll tell you, if you put a whistle in my hand for five years, I don't think there would ever be a time where I blew it accidentally. "Inadvertent whistle" is the PC way of saying "we ****ed up" in the most fundamental way. Could be they didn't want to see Brady get hit there, like you said.
    I 100% guerentee you have an inadvertent whistle at least once in your first 5 years of officiating.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Doesn't matter if Hughes was being subbed in or not. When Chandler went on to the field that counts as a sub and the defense is allowed time before the snap. Even if they don't sub players in.

It was another mistake.
    Yes, the defense has to be allowed time to adjust based on what the offense does. The Bills should run people of and on the field to try and catch the defense off-guard. Another brilliant scheme by NE, it'll be call the sub-rule (there's already a rule).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Refs watched NE's safeties / corners never look back for passes while running into the Bills WR. They only called one penalty (P. Interference) for that event on NE & that one wasn't near a scoring play.

What a complete joke.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Probably should look to see how often they do it, but NFL rules state that a substitution isn't a substitution if the player hasn't crossed the numbers, which Chandler didn't. Could this be another case of New England "not really breaking the rules" but screwing around with the spirit of the rule?

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Bull****. Is that supposed to be funny, or do you hate the Bills that much?

It started early with Rambo's INT called back over a bad holding call on Corey Graham. He jammed the guy within five yards is what Graham did, and the Pats ended up scoring three instead of the Bills being set up with 1st and 10 already in field gaol range in a scoreless game.
    He hates the Bills that much.