Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ej

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ej

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    Rex said... He left the decision in TT's lap. So no... The coaches didn't make the decision to keep EJ on the bench, TT did.

Stop the hate.
    Yeah, they did, because Rex didn't have to give Taylor a choice.

Are we really jumping through hoops to try to defend EJ here?

2. Post thanked by:

sudzy (11-25-2015),swiper (11-28-2015),trapezeus (11-27-2015),WagonCircler (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nope... Just bringing some sanity to offset those who jump thru hoops to bash him.

Sounds like... "Oh man... TT farted and nobody b itched about the smell... More proof that EJ sucks."

4. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nope... Just bringing some sanity to offset those who jump thru hoops to bash him.

Sounds like... "Oh man... TT farted and nobody b itched about the smell... More proof that EJ sucks."
    The coaches made him a healthy scratch with the only backup being a guy they signed off the streets 3 weeks before, for a div game with playoff implications. Now they didnt play him when Taylor was hurt. This isn't bashing- the coaching staff has no confidence in him. They are only going to use him if they are absolutely forced to.

6. Post thanked by:

Slick (11-29-2015),WagonCircler (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The coaches made him a healthy scratch with the only backup being a guy they signed off the streets 3 weeks before, for a div game with playoff implications. Now they didnt play him when Taylor was hurt. This isn't bashing- the coaching staff has no confidence in him. They are only going to use him if they are absolutely forced to.
    Don't you see the stretches you're making here? Rex explained the healthy scratch and even said 100% EJ is the back-up. Why haven't they made him a healthy scratch since then? Coaches had him warming up on the sideline in case TT couldn't answer the bell... That was the coaches call. TT was given the choice and chose to stay in even though he was totally ineffective (I feel that did not give us the best chance to win that game).

I still think this is a TT farting analogy. That's the only reason I feel the need to chime in on this continual crap.

Oh... And... Happy Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 11-26-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So, basically, the Bills coaches felt more comfortable with an injured, mostly ineffective Tyrod Taylor then a healthy EJ? YF, that doesn't bode well for EJ.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Embarrassed, YF tries to cover his Manuel lust from the rest of the board.

If you'll recall, he was jumping up and down like a little kid when his preseason QB rating was over 100 after two game appearances against scrubs.

10. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Manuel is a pathetic excuse for a QB.

Proof is that Taylor was holding himself in pain and they wouldn't pull him for Manuel. Proof.

12. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you post anything that's not negative toward players and posters? Oh... Yeah... Matt Cassel. How's your choice for starter doing?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You also lack reading comprehension. I wanted Matt Cassel to start over Manuel. I never claimed he was a great choice.

Swing and miss again.

You do that a lot.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You talk in circles...

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The coaches don't believe that because if they did, EJ would have finished the game. The injury gave them the perfect out to pull Taylor without hurting his confidence and without having to justify it to the media later.

This coaching staff has absolutely zero confidence in EJ.
    That may be true. The coaching staff has shown a stunning lack of ability this season. They took a top notch defense and made it average.

Maybe they should care more about the best chance to win a game instead of their personal grudge with Whaley.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rex said... He left the decision in TT's lap. So no... The coaches didn't make the decision to keep EJ on the bench, TT did.

Stop the hate.
    I didn't read this before I responded.

So... the coaches are admitting that the players are running the team?? Wow. Again, Rex is showing that he's still not a top notch coach. His ego is bigger than his coaching skills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You talk in circles...
    Reading comprehension. Find some.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When you find yourself repeating... Just stop! That's a clear indication that the argument is over.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

At the start of season people were calling me an ej homer. And all I said was I wanted to see more than 14 starts. There was a sequence in the Giants game where he scrambled by turning his back to the line and then taking a sack, never looking down field and then pinning the bills deep in their end and punting from the endzone on that third down play. That play was indicative of his entire career. I also felt that since it didn't change from when he was pretty much given the starter position vs really having to battle to make the team, he didn't learn much. he could come in with more of a sense of urgency. And he did not, culminating in one of the worst performances vs the worst team in the league in London.

So I take a little offense that I'm seeing this from a basher only view of EJ. I still think he seems like a good guy and I hate that it hasn't worked out for him.

As for tyrod's performance on Monday night, it was no different than his other performances. He has a few big plays in him and he runs a fairly bland 3 and out offense. Part of it is him. He throws to people who are only open. He doesn't throw it to a spot. The rest is the play calling. I don't know which is worse. But they rely on the big play, not consistency.

That at all being said, ej wasn't going to move them 80 yards in foxboro. He usually needs a full game to have a few effective drives. It was a horrible position for the team to be in, but that is the life of most NFL teams.

21. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-28-2015),Yasgur's Farm (11-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    That may be true. The coaching staff has shown a stunning lack of ability this season. They took a top notch defense and made it average.

Maybe they should care more about the best chance to win a game instead of their personal grudge with Whaley.
    You wanted proof that the coaches didn't like ej. But you think it's fair to say Ryan has a grudge with Whaley. That was marrone and Whaley.

And furthermore, it is much more diplomatic to say, I let tt tell me how he felt, than to say, we don't trust ej at all so as long as tt said he was willing to gut it out, we let him play.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought it was pathetic of Rex to let TT keep playing while he was obviously in serious pain. I think both Tyrod and EJ suck badly but if these *******s think TT is there guy, there was no reason to let an obviously injured player keep playing. They should have put EJ in. It's as simple as that, imo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When you find yourself repeating... Just stop! That's a clear indication that the argument is over.
    Hope you got to see that Matt Cassel 16-play TD drive on Thanksgiving. Tony Romo couldn't get that done in 3-plus quarters using the same personnel against the same personnel. More proof Cassel is still the best of the three.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    At the start of season people were calling me an ej homer. And all I said was I wanted to see more than 14 starts. There was a sequence in the Giants game where he scrambled by turning his back to the line and then taking a sack, never looking down field and then pinning the bills deep in their end and punting from the endzone on that third down play. That play was indicative of his entire career. I also felt that since it didn't change from when he was pretty much given the starter position vs really having to battle to make the team, he didn't learn much. he could come in with more of a sense of urgency. And he did not, culminating in one of the worst performances vs the worst team in the league in London.

So I take a little offense that I'm seeing this from a basher only view of EJ. I still think he seems like a good guy and I hate that it hasn't worked out for him.

As for tyrod's performance on Monday night, it was no different than his other performances. He has a few big plays in him and he runs a fairly bland 3 and out offense. Part of it is him. He throws to people who are only open. He doesn't throw it to a spot. The rest is the play calling. I don't know which is worse. But they rely on the big play, not consistency.

That at all being said, ej wasn't going to move them 80 yards in foxboro. He usually needs a full game to have a few effective drives. It was a horrible position for the team to be in, but that is the life of most NFL teams.

LOL. So you took 16 games to see Manuel sucked? Oh.... take your offense that more intelligent fans saw that a long time ago. The rest of your post is just gibberish where you finally admit both the QBs are bad. Some of us have been telling you that all along. Learn to listen to those more intelligent than yourself.

Look at Bert's diagram of TT's throws before you start tring to use his completion percentage to defend him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Hope you got to see that Matt Cassel 16-play TD drive on Thanksgiving. Tony Romo couldn't get that done in 3-plus quarters using the same personnel against the same personnel. More proof Cassel is still the best of the three.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.
    So... You've stopped preaching about garbage time stats?