Thread: Do you think Tyrod is being underused and why not run a no-huddle offense?

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you think Tyrod is being underused and why not run a no-huddle offense?

I like Tyrod and I think the OC isn't using him correctly and why not go all out and run a no-huddle offense? Way too many offensive weapons not to do that and the offense is being conservatively handcuffed!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Do you think Tyrod is being underused and why not run a no-huddle offense?

I don't think Tyrod is smart enough.

3. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-25-2015),coastal (11-25-2015),Famous Amos (11-28-2015),Mike (11-26-2015),TacklingDummy (11-26-2015)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No huddle offenses are actually used to simplify the offense. The defense has to declare itself quickly, so the QB doesn't see a lot of pre-snap looks.

That said, I don't think it's a good fit for this team right now. We need to be able to sub personnel in and out, like Felton and Williams, and it goes 100% against Rex's ground control philosophy.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,286 Times in 13,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Also the team has too many three and outs. The no-huddle could put the D back on the field way too quickly and wear them out early.

6. Post thanked by:

Famous Amos (11-28-2015),TacklingDummy (11-26-2015),trapezeus (11-27-2015)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The team isn't designed for no-huddle. It's built on Defense, and running the ball. Ball control.

Running a no-huddle would make absolutely no sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    This

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the offense needs a true number 2 WR on the outside. Woods is good but we need a big bodied WR for the redzone and third down.

I would trade for Vincent Jackson in the offseason.

On the point of running no huddle. I think Tyrod can do it and it would open up the game for Sammy and McCoy.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 11-25-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Actually, that is the opposite of what everyone on the team says about him.

Frankly, I think we have to live with the fact that, though he has had enough time in Baltimore to be up to speed on the overall mental aspects (i.e. understanding th esystem etc), he does not yet have enough game experience to work fast--i.e. get the ball out 'on time,' trust his eyes etc. That will come over time.

11. Post thanked by:

Oaf (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,468 Times in 7,085 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod isn't even experienced enough to run a simple offense all the more a no-huddle.

Let him huddle that way our D stays off the field a little longer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod and the Bills can't even line up properly when they have time or run a two minute drill. They also can't get through a game without screwing up getting their sub packages in on D on a timely basis. They are unbelievably sloppy. A confused bunch of guys who look poorly coached. I remember the last time they tried to go with a no huddle offence. It was laughable. Half the snaps were false starts. A well coached and prepared team like NE can do it. Not us. It would be downright comedic.
    Tyrod needs to figure out how to make pre-snap reads. And Roman needs to trust him more. That would be a good place to start. At least we'd find out if the kid has a future as a starter in this league.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    I think the offense needs a true number 2 WR on the outside. Woods is good but we need a big bodied WR for the redzone and third down.

I would trade for Vincent Jackson in the offseason.

On the point of running no huddle. I think Tyrod can do it and it would open up the game for Sammy and McCoy.
    Vjax would be nice, but Marvin Jones, a much cheaper alternative and a heck of a player, is an UFA in 2016.
    Of course if Our QB can't play better than Tyrod did on Monday night it's all academic anyway.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by starrymessenger View Post
    Vjax would be nice, but Marvin Jones, a much cheaper alternative and a heck of a player, is an UFA in 2016.
    Of course if Our QB can't play better than Tyrod did on Monday night it's all academic anyway.
    It would take quite an offer to pry Jones away.

And CIN will have about $31M in cap space for 2016, whereas BUF has a mere 59 thousand bucks. BUf would have to make cuts or convince some of their fat cats to renegotiate.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

16. Post thanked by:

starrymessenger (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is what I see.I see an offense is designed for an inexperienced QB.Taylor isn't good pre snap and as far as the two minute,no huddle you need a QB to make calls at the line of srimmage.This is where Taylor needs the most work.You can't run an offense that your QB can't handle.This is what happens when you sign a guy thats nothing more than a backup.One thing I have learned in my 50 years of watching,plying and coaching football is if a guy has bee a backup for his whole career he's usally a backup.And I don't want to hear that he was behind Flacco because if the Ravens front office thought he was a starter they would have traded him and not let him walk.

18. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-26-2015)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,893 Times in 4,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post

I think the offense needs a true Quarterback.
    Not one that depends on the play to break down.

20. Post thanked by:

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,488 Times in 9,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Like I said in a diff thread, I think they have too many cooks in the kitchen and that's why they have trouble even getting one play off on time. They won't call a few at once because they have to talk about each and every one.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The end of the game is all I ever need to know about Tyrod.

he could have grabbed that team and willed them to victory.

instead he kept grabbing his collar acting all hurt and crap... taking his sweet ole time between plays... and the game ceremoniously came to its predictable conclusion.

23. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc37 View Post
    This is what I see.I see an offense is designed for an inexperienced QB.Taylor isn't good pre snap and as far as the two minute,no huddle you need a QB to make calls at the line of srimmage.This is where Taylor needs the most work.You can't run an offense that your QB can't handle.This is what happens when you sign a guy thats nothing more than a backup.One thing I have learned in my 50 years of watching,plying and coaching football is if a guy has bee a backup for his whole career he's usally a backup.And I don't want to hear that he was behind Flacco because if the Ravens front office thought he was a starter they would have traded him and not let him walk.
    not too mention that the Bill's are loaded at wr and tightend and runningbacks.. its very clear that TT isn't good enough and if Rex has his way we are screwed because he thinks TT is the best thing since slice bread.