• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: I'm pissed off Rex and Roman..

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
    Flaw? As you stated it's intentional to protect the new QB. Roman is getting the most out of what he's got.

The fact that he can be successful while being so predictable is commendable.
    I think they have a dysfunctional playcalling arrangement and passing game coordination with Lee & Lal. I'm not so sure Taylor is bad in the middle of the field as opposed to that they don't call them, or that Roman even has a lot to do with the passing game as he never has.

It would be a flaw if they don't have any middle of the field strategy to use who they have how they could be used, or at least use it as part of their plan more often.

After 10 games, only 6 attempts into the center past 10 yards seems awful ridiculous low to me.

Comment

• jimmifli
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      I think they have a dysfunctional playcalling arrangement and passing game coordination with Lee & Lal. I'm not so sure Taylor is bad in the middle of the field as opposed to that they don't call them, or that Roman even has a lot to do with the passing game as he never has.

It would be a flaw if they don't have any middle of the field strategy to use who they have how they could be used, or at least use it as part of their plan more often.

After 10 games, only 6 attempts into the center past 10 yards seems awful ridiculous low to me.
      Well he's completed 2 of those 6 to the other team. Compared to 2 out of 170 attempts to the rest of the field.

Comment

• Mace
        • Mar 2013

Well he's completed 2 of those 6 to the other team. Compared to 2 out of 170 attempts to the rest of the field.
        Big difference after 10 games in 6 attempts vs 170. Seriously, 6 attempts in 10 games ? Not even 1 per game ? That's design of the offense.

Comment

• Victor7
          • Jul 2013

Wow that chart is depressing.

Are we not calling throws to the middle because TMobile can't hit them or are they being called and Taylor just refuses to even try ??? That's the million dollar question boys. But either way its a very bad look. It makes it very easy to defend TT. I knew we weren't using the middle much but that chart is just eye popping. Didn't think it was that bad.

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

That's design of the offense.
            Exactly! And it's good smart design. Our O is about as good as last year with way lower risk. Combine that with a dominant defense and we're a very good football team.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

You have brilliantly uncovered the game plan for the last six game... Code name BillsBallz... All passes are to be faked short and outside and attempted exclusively to the intermediate middle of the field. All Shotgun Sweeps get cut backs to the middle. It's all middle all the time. Boom Playoffs. Roman is a genius.

Wait until kaepernick is here next season... wooo hooo

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                You have brilliantly uncovered the game plan for the last six game... Code name BillsBallz... All passes are to be faked short and outside and attempted exclusively to the intermediate middle of the field. All Shotgun Sweeps get cut backs to the middle. It's all middle all the time. Boom Playoffs. Roman is a genius.

Gross

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

Exactly! And it's good smart design. Our O is about as good as last year with way lower risk. Combine that with a dominant defense and we're a very good football team.
                  Yeah, but why wouldn't you want to throw slants or crossing patterns to Clay, Woods, Watkins, and McCoy ?

I'm not too sure how smart it is if the opponent doesn't have to worry about the middle of the field any. Those throws slice and dice defenses pretty efficiently and provide the best opportunities for YAC with guys like Clay, Woods, Watkins and McCoy.

I mean, I'm not honestly not seeing the logic.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post

Until he gets hurt and Manziel has to go in.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Taylor can't see over the oline and as such is dependent on 'windows', that's probably the biggest reason the middle of the chart looks so barren...it's not like we don't have receivers running routes in that area.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Famous Amos
                        • Jul 2013

Too many cooks in the kitchen makes a ton of sense. That would account for taking the play clock down to give or less every pass play during the Giants game. That would also account for the slow two minute drill.

The Bills have a big bodied, athletic tight end that can run like a WR and they can't call a seam play up the middle to Clay? There's nothing g to it, send him up one of the hashes, throw it to him when he passes the linebacker and let him box the safety off to catch the ball.
                        "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                        -Graham Greene

Comment

• GreedoII
                          • Aug 2007

the o-line is weak...nuff said

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                            Tyrod Taylor sucks smelly swamp ass.

Roman is sooooooo smart, this is by design. See, with all of our passes going to the outside, it leaves the middle open to run! Magic!

Sarcasm off

Comment

• BOBM253
                              elite QB
                              • Aug 2010

Having trouble reading this chart. Assume the dots are where the pass was completed. What are the dots below the blue line?

Comment

• k-oneputt
                                • Jun 2009

This team is coached by a bunch of dumbasses.
                                Really it took to the 11th game to fiqure this out ?????

Comment

Working...
                                X