Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm pissed off Rex and Roman..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm pissed off Rex and Roman..

... since you can't fiqure it out,

screens, slip screens, drags, end arounds..
    Your qb cannot get it outside, deep, or down the middle to him, so let's start there.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I'm pissed off Rex and Roman..

Not sure about end arounds. Our OL struggles some on runs to the outside. Which is why I never understood Roman's obsession with the shotgun sweep. Taylor also got boned on his attempted sweep on 3rd and short.

Agree 100% on the screens. Have we had any at all ?? .. certainly not to the WR's. Sammy used to run those at Clemson all the time. Give the guy a chance!

Yes on the drags. Its all Amendola and Edelman ever do. They stand behind the LOS, go in motion and just run a drag, Brady finds them and its YAC galore. Too easy. Woods would be stellar for this.

4. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-25-2015),Famous Amos (11-28-2015),Mace (11-25-2015),starrymessenger (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seems obvious, whats the problem with the professional coaches ?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We need to go all in, pooch punts, quick kicks, fumblerooski's, dipsy doodles, triple reverses, statue of liberty's, flea flickers, some run & shoot and a little wing-t.

Since we won't though, I think the problem is that Roman is all about creative run blocking and running game (always was, with others like Harbaugh doing the passing game), and the passing game element likely runs through Lee and Lal.

Old reference, came from Carucci : http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bill...l-passing-game

Now granted this was back in January, but it would sort of look true considering their kind of basic passing offense and lack of cohesive 2 minute strategy. It would also explain why they never hurry up in hurry up mode come to think, use so much clock settling play calls, and never call multiple plays at a time.

7. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Taylor avoids the throwing the ball in the middle of the field. He can hit guys outside and deep, but he rarely throws the ball over the middle.

Can anyone find his passing chart? I couldn't find it, but it's pretty obvious that Tyrod's passing game is mostly to the edges.

That's probably due to his lack of height. He can't see over the o-line that is a lot taller and bigger than he is.

A caller on WGR yesterday made a good point about shorter NFL quarterbacks like Drew Brees.

While in shotgun formation, he stands back farther than most quarterbacks. I would presume he stands back a bit more to see the field better.

If Tyrod's 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage, he can't see much. If he was 8 yards back or more, maybe that would help him get a better view?

Just an idea. Regardless of how far he stands in shotgun formation, like Victor7 said, it shouldn't be hard to hit a short quick pass and let Sammy or Woods get some YAC.

9. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (11-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Taylor avoids the throwing the ball in the middle of the field. He can hit guys outside and deep, but he rarely throws the ball over the middle.

Can anyone find his passing chart? I couldn't find it, but it's pretty obvious that Tyrod's passing game is mostly to the edges.

That's probably due to his lack of height. He can't see over the o-line that is a lot taller and bigger than he is.

A caller on WGR yesterday made a good point about shorter NFL quarterbacks like Drew Brees.

While in shotgun formation, he stands back farther than most quarterbacks. I would presume he stands back a bit more to see the field better.

If Tyrod's 5 yards away from the line of scrimmage, he can't see much. If he was 8 yards back or more, maybe that would help him get a better view?

Just an idea. Regardless of how far he stands in shotgun formation, like Victor7 said, it shouldn't be hard to hit a short quick pass and let Sammy or Woods get some YAC.
    I dont have the data in front of me but Tyrod has not hit a pass this season that was more than 15 yards in between the middle hash marks. With all of our weapons some one should be open on most plays.

11. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tyrod Taylor sucks smelly swamp ass.

13. Post thanked by:

swiper (11-26-2015),Victor7 (11-27-2015),YardRat (11-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Robinson View Post
    I dont have the data in front of me but Tyrod has not hit a pass this season that was more than 15 yards in between the middle hash marks. With all of our weapons some one should be open on most plays.
    Actually, he's thrown two.

15. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow, the graph is worse than I expected. To the middle of the field he threw one TD and three Ints. Nothing else !!!
    Four passes and three had a horrible outcome. Thats bad. You basically need not defend that part. And with 'that part' I mean one THIRD of the whole field!!!

EDIT: is the one pass an completion? I am red/green blind. Either is is 2 INts, 1 TD and 1 Comp. Or 3 INts and 1 TD. Either way it sucks.
    Considering that he might be the best QB we had since Kelly, that says a lot about the Bills and their handling of the most important position in all of sports.
    Last edited by Topas; 11-26-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post

70+% completion 11 TDs 4 ints. Yep, he sucks swamp ass. Bench him.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    70+% completion 11 TDs 4 ints. Yep, he sucks swamp ass. Bench him.
    LOL. Take away the 0 - 9 yard passes and then see how he does. He's no Peyton Manning.

Just because he's a lot better than EJ Manuel, doesn't make him good. A push broom is better than Manuel.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post

Assuming that data is correct I would be very cautious about naming Taylor the future QB of the Bills.

For a QB to be successful in this league he needs to be able to threaten the intermediate middle of the field.

Can you imagine how easy it was for BB to design a defensive game plan after seeing this chart? No wonder he kept buzzing LBs outwards on pass plays. All they had to do was take away underneath throws from the hashmarks and out and not worry about the deep middle at all.

I hope Tyrod has it in him to develop that part of his game or else he will simply fade away like Kaepernick and RGIII.

20. Post thanked by:

starrymessenger (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Assuming that data is correct I would be very cautious about naming Taylor the future QB of the Bills.

For a QB to be successful in this league he needs to be able to threaten the intermediate middle of the field.

Can you imagine how easy it was for BB to design a defensive game plan after seeing this chart? No wonder he kept buzzing LBs outwards on pass plays. All they had to do was take away underneath throws from the hashmarks and out and not worry about the deep middle at all.

I hope Tyrod has it in him to develop that part of his game or else he will simply fade away like Kaepernick and RGIII.
    I take it the Bills coaching staff has no access to this high end data.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

22. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (11-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The chart is abysmal to me more for the 6 attempts from 10 yards plus close to the hashes. 3 of 6 for 2 td's/3 ints isn't comfort, but you should note he actually completed all 6 of his attempts, just that 3 were to the other team, haha....

After 10 games though, only 6 attempts looks more like a flaw in the passing game design. They don't have a priority to use the middle of the field.

Might well be the chart would be peppered with incompletes or int's if they did, I don't know, but that's not really much offensive variety. Were there more plays 10 yards plus in the middle of the field when Manuel played does anyone know ? I'm curious....

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    After 10 games though, only 6 attempts looks more like a flaw in the passing game design.
    Flaw? As you stated it's intentional to protect the new QB. Roman is getting the most out of what he's got.

The fact that he can be successful while being so predictable is commendable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Flaw? As you stated it's intentional to protect the new QB. Roman is getting the most out of what he's got.

The fact that he can be successful while being so predictable is commendable.
    I think they have a dysfunctional playcalling arrangement and passing game coordination with Lee & Lal. I'm not so sure Taylor is bad in the middle of the field as opposed to that they don't call them, or that Roman even has a lot to do with the passing game as he never has.

It would be a flaw if they don't have any middle of the field strategy to use who they have how they could be used, or at least use it as part of their plan more often.

After 10 games, only 6 attempts into the center past 10 yards seems awful ridiculous low to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think they have a dysfunctional playcalling arrangement and passing game coordination with Lee & Lal. I'm not so sure Taylor is bad in the middle of the field as opposed to that they don't call them, or that Roman even has a lot to do with the passing game as he never has.

It would be a flaw if they don't have any middle of the field strategy to use who they have how they could be used, or at least use it as part of their plan more often.

After 10 games, only 6 attempts into the center past 10 yards seems awful ridiculous low to me.
    Well he's completed 2 of those 6 to the other team. Compared to 2 out of 170 attempts to the rest of the field.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Well he's completed 2 of those 6 to the other team. Compared to 2 out of 170 attempts to the rest of the field.
    Big difference after 10 games in 6 attempts vs 170. Seriously, 6 attempts in 10 games ? Not even 1 per game ? That's design of the offense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow that chart is depressing.

Are we not calling throws to the middle because TMobile can't hit them or are they being called and Taylor just refuses to even try ??? That's the million dollar question boys. But either way its a very bad look. It makes it very easy to defend TT. I knew we weren't using the middle much but that chart is just eye popping. Didn't think it was that bad.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's design of the offense.
    Exactly! And it's good smart design. Our O is about as good as last year with way lower risk. Combine that with a dominant defense and we're a very good football team.