Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little early to be calling for Rex's Head

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A little early to be calling for Rex's Head

Im as disappointed as the next guy that this team is NOT performing up to the expectation that we all thought in the offseason. Yes the D was good last year but this is a different year. Who is to say that teams wouldn't have figured out Jims "wide 9" D this year? I look at this team and the only strength on this D is the CB position. As I have said in previous posts this is the worst trio of LBs in the league. In Rexs Ds in the past his LBs have been one of the biggest strengths. Hes had LBs such as Ray Lewis and David Harris. Those guys didn't miss tackles like these sorry *** LBs do on this team. Yes Rex makes mistakes with challenges and some other stuff but tell me what coach doesn't. Yes I don't like how the team is on pace to break the single season penalty record and Rex should fix that in time. On the other hand this team doesn't quit on him though. This team is always one score behind in most games. I have watched teams in the past where they get down a couple of scores and they pack it in I don't see that with this team. Remember this is year 1 with Rex he probably doesn't have all the pieces he would like on this team yet. To be fair he needs at least 2 more years to build the team he wants especially on D. Add in all the injuries hes dealt with on both sides of the ball and I don't even think the great Billicheck could win with this team.
    To be the man you got to beat the man!

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A little early to be calling for Rex's Head

I would have preferred to not have taken three steps backward after we took two forward last season. Given Rex's resume as a head coach, the moment he signed the contract is not too early to call for his head.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-02-2015),OpIv37 (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Rex hate is way too early. He needs time to re-jig the team to his specifications.

In year 1 of his tenure they drafted some pretty nice pieces. Another year and he'll sign and draft a couple more guys that he wants and fit the scheme.

We aren't signing Bill Belichick so not sure who the super coach is that is going to come in and turn this around. I believe Rex is a solid coach and he has had to deal with a lot of Bs and misfortune since taking over which has lead to our current record. He'll learn and be better for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Looks like teams have already figured out Rexs D.

How in he'll do you take a 100 million DT and make him drop back to cover NO ONE!.

6. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-01-2015),BleedinGreenNC (12-02-2015),Mace (12-02-2015),Novacane (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post

How in he'll do you take a 100 million DT and make him drop back to cover NO ONE!.
    Rex don't have the right pieces in place for his D yet. This team is in major need of upgrading the LBs and im sure that will be addressed in the offseason whether through the draft or free agency. I think they will build the D around Marcell. Im starting to think Mario is gonna be gone after this year. If he can get his D to do what they did to Brady a few weeks ago I don't care who he has drop back into coverage and don't forget he didn't have either Williams on the line for most of that game either. Ive never seen Brady get pressured as much as he did when the Bills played him a few weeks ago.

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL, a little too early?...

I guess this guy hasn't seen Buffalo embarrass themselves this season.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

9. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Luisito23 View Post
    LOL, a little too early?...

I guess this guy hasn't seen Buffalo embarrass themselves this season.
    This guy has watched every single snap this year and yes at times Rex is to blame but also when players don't tackle like they are suppose to or miss assignments like they have that lead to scores you cant blame that on Rex. I know some on here have wanted Jim Schwartz as the head coach but I do remember when he was head coach at Detroit and that didn't work out to well and he had better talent there on both sides of the ball.

elite QB
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well he did take a top rated defense from last year, added to it and promised to be the number one defense. Instead he has installed a defense that makes pass rushers back off,cover air and db's playing too soft. He has taken a once promising defense and basically trashed it with his tinkering. They're now rated in the bottom 3rd, not first. I'm not happy with that at all.

12. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    The Rex hate is way too early. He needs time to re-jig the team to his specifications.

In year 1 of his tenure they drafted some pretty nice pieces. Another year and he'll sign and draft a couple more guys that he wants and fit the scheme.

We aren't signing Bill Belichick so not sure who the super coach is that is going to come in and turn this around. I believe Rex is a solid coach and he has had to deal with a lot of Bs and misfortune since taking over which has lead to our current record. He'll learn and be better for it.
    So you're saying they added talent, but defending Rex despite taking a step backward on the field. Completely illogical.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    So you're saying they added talent, but defending Rex despite taking a step backward on the field. Completely illogical.
    Schemes take time to install and get players accustomed to them. Some players not fit and you have to go through a transition to determine who does and who doesn't. And sometimes you're just missing particular types of players to make it work.

Mostly I think it's just taking time for the players to adjust. Against KC it was simply getting beat up front in the run game and Rex getting screwed by his staff who were lost upstairs when he needed their input on challenges.

Missing the three Williams didn't help anything as well as Bradham.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We should wait two more seasons of 7-9 football and then start over.

duh.

16. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-01-2015),cookie G (12-02-2015),Later (12-01-2015),Lone Stranger (12-02-2015),OpIv37 (12-01-2015),Topas (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Because Rex Ryan is a stubborn egotistical moron.

18. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (12-03-2015),Mace (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Schemes take time to install and get players accustomed to them. Some players not fit and you have to go through a transition to determine who does and who doesn't. And sometimes you're just missing particular types of players to make it work.
    Not this long. Schwartz and Pettine both did it in half this time. Gailey did for the offense as well. These "schemes" are just failures.

Mostly I think it's just taking time for the players to adjust. Against KC it was simply getting beat up front
    Apparently you missed all the DEs and DTs that were told to drop into coverage. Jerry Hughes and Manny Lawson being asked to cover Gronkowski the week before. Again, stupid scheme. Lousy head coach.

Missing the three Williams didn't help anything as well as Bradham.
    Te players that KC lost were far more devastating to them than what the Bills lost. Their whole left side of the o-line was out injured (Grubbs/Fisher). Why didn't our illustrious head coach start blitzing Jerry Hughes from that side?

22. Post thanked by:

sukie (12-02-2015),Victor7 (12-02-2015)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ryan single-handedly cost the Bills a win on Sunday. Not challenging the Maclin catch directly led to 7 points which the Chiefs probably wouldn't have scored. Changed the entire game.

If he costs Buffalo another win this season, he should be fired on the spot. It's inexcusable. I can live with clock management mistakes, even poor play calling, but something like not challenging blatant miscalls should not be OK.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dont question him! He's an NFL coach and you are just a dumb fan!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (12-03-2015)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why call for things that won't happen for at least 1-2 more years ? The Pegulas' are not about to eat 20 Mil.

Whaley may have to worry and a consultant may be hired to advise the ownership, come end of season. They are not deaf to the noise.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The season isn't over yet. Let's see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm won't call for his head, only resigned to the fact that I'm stuck with this fraud for the next year or two. It won't hardly matter without a QB in sight anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It isn't working. Rex is not head coach material, just like his father. But I have to admit I didn't see him taking two steps back with the D, that's supposed to be his thing. I guess his thing is just being outcoached.

The Bills are a bike ride where you always end up falling off and skinning your knee. And you tell yourself "leave the bike in the garage" but when it heals you go out again. And skin your knee.

30. Post thanked by:

cookie G (12-02-2015)