• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: Running the Table

Win out and they have an 82% shot. Lose one more to the following and the odds are...

PHI/WAS/DAL: 55-57%
    NYJ: 21%

NFL PLAYOFF SIMULATOR
    Last edited by gebobs; 12-07-2015, 03:59 PM.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Victor7
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      My calculations deem the Bills' MUST win out to have a chance at the playoffs. If they win their remaining games, and Pittsburgh loses two games (Cinci and Denver) the Bills are in and don't need help from anyone else.

Please, will others take a close look and verify what I think is possible?
      Yup. If the Bills win out and Pitt drops a couple we in as the 6th seed. I think we are in even if they only lose one too.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

according to espn playoff machine. It seems like if we win out we NEED pit to drop the cinci game. If they win at cinci and lost to denver they still get in for whatever reason.

Comment

• sudzy
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          I had the Eagles penciled in as an easy win, but they beat the Pats in Foxboro so now I'm not so sure.
          I had Jacksonville penciled in as an easy win. If the last 15 years have taught us anything, it is there are no sure wins as Bills fans. I'm just trying to figure out which one of these remaining teams end up being this years Raiders game.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Watching the Skins/Cowboys. If we can't beat both of these clown posses, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Sloppiest offensive display I've seen in some time.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
              according to espn playoff machine. It seems like if we win out we NEED pit to drop the cinci game. If they win at cinci and lost to denver they still get in for whatever reason.
              If the Bills win out and the Steelers lose one more to finish 10-6 also, both teams would be 7-5 in the AFC. So the next tie-breaker would be winning percentage against common opponents. Common opponents would be Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, and Colts. So if they beat the Bengals we'd be 1-4 and they would be 2-3. However, if the Bills and Steelers both finish 9-7 and the Bills loss is to an NFC opponent, the Bills would finish ahead of the Steelers with a better AFC record.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                If the Bills win out and the Steelers lose one more to finish 10-6 also, both teams would be 7-5 in the AFC. So the next tie-breaker would be winning percentage against common opponents. Common opponents would be Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, and Colts. So if they beat the Bengals we'd be 1-4 and they would be 2-3. However, if the Bills and Steelers both finish 9-7 and the Bills loss is to an NFC opponent, the Bills would finish ahead of the Steelers with a better AFC record.
                ahh i see perfect. I didnt look that deep into thanks! So basically just win out and it SHOULD work itself out.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

They just had on the news...If Buffalo wins out, KC has to lose two AND Pittsburgh either has to a)lose two or b)lose to Cincinnati.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                    ahh i see perfect. I didnt look that deep into thanks! So basically just win out and it SHOULD work itself out.
                    If the Bills actually won out it's much more likely that they would make the playoffs than miss the playoffs, but anything is possible. If they did win out, only the Chiefs and Steelers could still finish ahead of them for the WC. Chiefs would need to lose two games, which is hard to see since they play such weak teams and 3 of 4 are at home. So it comes down to the Steelers. If the Steelers do lose to Cincy this week, but win the rest and finish tied with the Bills at 10-6 their tie-breaker would come down to SOV since AFC record and common opponent record would both be the same. Right now the Bills have the higher SOV of .444 vs. .405 for the Steelers, but those could change a lot over the next four weeks.

So just root for the Bills to keep winning and the Steelers and Chiefs to start losing.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

The win was good, made me happy, my brother lives near Houston, that's his team and I don't like him so.... It's not really a shame I don't talk to him anymore, but if I did, heh.

I'm not real excited about them running the table though, I just don't see it happening. They won two in a row once (against relatively familiar teams), I just don't think Ryan has it in him to lead a consistent team. Like he went berserker against NE, conservative against KC, moderately conservative against Hoyer for heavens sake, like the guy wouldn't have been overwhelmed by a Brady facing gameplan, or it would be a good thing to let Alex Smith slice and dice.

I want to be excited and hopeful but I'm not. I think they split their last 4 and can't even guess which are wins and losses because I just don't see a consistent team identity because I don't think there is one.

All of these games should certainly be winnable which is why I'm sure by now they aren't.

Comment

• Mike
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        I had the Eagles penciled in as an easy win, but they beat the Pats in Foxboro so now I'm not so sure.
                        Its the Bills = There are No Easy Wins

Fortunately, we have a cupcake schedule.
                        Please Make Sense

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          They just had on the news...If Buffalo wins out, KC has to lose two AND Pittsburgh either has to a)lose two or b)lose to Cincinnati.
                          I don't think that's an "AND"... I think it's an "OR"... We only need to beat out 1 of those 2.

It would take...
                          2 KC losses and 4 Bills wins
                          OR
                          2 Pitt losses or loss to Cin and 4 Bills wins

Comment

• GreedoII
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Eventhough the Bills are Clearly Mediocre they have a punchers chance of Winning Out.

The Next 4 Games, are not just easy, they are cupcakes.

Eagles - one of the biggest mess in the NFL
                            Redskins - might be the toughest team in NFC East and Bills already lost to Giants so it's a 50/50 game.
                            Cowboys - without Romo (out for season) this is one of the worst teams in NFL
                            Jets - already beat them once

9-7 to 10-6 is Possible
                            Of Course the Bills are still who they are.

Weird schedule with these 3 NFC games in a row. Stupid actually but it's hilarious Buf is in the middle of the NFC East race....lol

Comment

• Victor7
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                              I don't think that's an "AND"... I think it's an "OR"... We only need to beat out 1 of those 2.

It would take...
                              2 KC losses and 4 Bills wins
                              OR
                              2 Pitt losses or loss to Cin and 4 Bills wins
                              We can still lose one and go in at 9-7 granted Pitt loses to Cincy and our loss be vs an NFC team and not the Jets if I'm not mistaken.

Plenty of scenarios left but at the end of the day all of then require a 3-1 or 4-0 finish from us. Tall order for such an inconsistent team. Our "longest" winning streak this season is 2 games. lol

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                                • Oct 2002

My buddies a Chiefs fan so I see a lot of em. They have an easy schedule but aren't a powerhouse themselves, they are more than capable of forgetting to show up to a game or 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X