• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Running the Table

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    What more could you want though? An important playoff-deciding game against Ryan Fitzpatrick? Sign me up.

It's not like he all of a sudden became elite, as much as I love the guy.
    The only way it becomes a win and in game is if we roll through December with 3/4 wins. We get to week 17 with that on the line and the Ralph might be the loudest it's ever been.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
      With the Bills, there's no telling which team shows up on any given Sunday. With all the injuries and Ryan's lobotomized defense, the Bills would be lucky to go 3-1. To the Bills' credit, they have finally figured out how to beat teams worse than them. In years past, they'd play down to the level of their opponents. Now, they seem to be able to play well enough to win those games. They haven't yet figured out how to beat better teams. The next four weeks will be a good test on how clutch they can be.

The Eagles barely beat the Cheaters but they looked pretty good. They had Brady rattled and their offense was clicking. I'm not sure about the Redskins, I havent seen them play. The Dallas game has to be a must win, can't lose to them. The Jets will be a good test as well, with how well Fitzpatrick is playing.
      That 'finally' must refer to today, and 12 games in to figure that out is too late. NYG, KC and Jax are worse than Buffalo.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

If the bills continue to win, I'll always keep that bogus Jacksonville penalty in my mind...we'd have won that game if not for that, without much question. That was NOT a penalty, with ZERO question. I know **** happens, but this is the way I roll sometimes.

If the Bills don't continue to win, none of that will matter, but it might make me feel a little better if they win a game they have no business winning.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
          What more could you want though? An important playoff-deciding game against Ryan Fitzpatrick? Sign me up.

It's not like he all of a sudden became elite, as much as I love the guy.
          however the bill as an org, routinely makes former players stars in the worst moments. and 3rd string rbs

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
            If the bills continue to win, I'll always keep that bogus Jacksonville penalty in my mind...we'd have won that game if not for that, without much question. That was NOT a penalty, with ZERO question. I know **** happens, but this is the way I roll sometimes.

If the Bills don't continue to win, none of that will matter, but it might make me feel a little better if they win a game they have no business winning.
            i feel like Tennessee was the game we had no business winning. i think we already shot our wad on that one.
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              however the bill as an org, routinely makes former players stars in the worst moments. and 3rd string rbs
              absolutely. we launched willie parkers career in 2004.
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Buffalo had better lock down that run defense or we're going to get gashed by the Eagles. If we had trouble containing Deion Lewis, the kid from NE, Sproles is going to have a field day.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I had the Eagles penciled in as an easy win, but they beat the Pats in Foxboro so now I'm not so sure.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    I had the Eagles penciled in as an easy win, but they beat the Pats in Foxboro so now I'm not so sure.
                    Eh, they only had 14 points on offense. Otherwise they scored on a punt block, punt return, and interception return. That's not likely to happen again, especially in back to back weeks. But this is the Bills we're talking about, so I guess you never know..

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

If a miracle happens and the Bills run the table to get it, they would be on a 5 game winning streak heading into the playoffs. How many times have we seen a team get hot at the right time and then play a couple of playoff games?

And NO I am NOT saying this is going to happen, I'm just saying that teams who sneak in on a streak are dangerous.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

It is all about getting hot and being healthy at the right time.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Watching the Redskins, I think the Bills match up great against them. They can't stop the run and they have a hard time running it themselves.

There was a 4 game stretch vs very average teams where the Redskins were outgained on the ground something ridiculous like 785 yards against and only 90 for.

Just run it- and If Karlos Williams is back for that we wont need to put the ball in the air more than 15-20 times at the most

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                            Eh, they only had 14 points on offense. Otherwise they scored on a punt block, punt return, and interception return. That's not likely to happen again, especially in back to back weeks. But this is the Bills we're talking about, so I guess you never know..
                            Tell me about it- after back to back -5 point games, I cut the Eagles D on my Fantasy team. At one point they had 29 fantasy points in that game and ended up with 24

Comment

• Victor7
                              • Jul 2013

All games are winnable but then again all of those teams are saying that exact same thing about us. We are not exactly world beaters.

Philly. I know they just beat NE but that was a weird game. You are not gonna get 21 points from your special teams again in a while. Winnable but then again we specialize on pissing on our own legs.

Was. They are like 5-1 at home or something. This is far from a cake walk. We just let Hoyer torch us yesterday. Cousins is on a roll at home. Again very winnable but hardly a cup cake.

Dal. This one is the only really easy one I see left. Dallas is nothing without Romo. I mean if we lose it I won't be shocked. Its the Bills after all. But this should be a walk in the park.

Jets. Still almost a month away from this game so we'll see what happens record and roster wise with both teams. But its also winnable. Although I gotta say Fitz hasn't had the late season melt down we are used to. And he's clicking with Marshall. We gotta hope they come in already out or close to

Man if only Rex had not gifted the KC game or EJ the Jax game. We would be in sooooooooo much better shape right now.

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

My calculations deem the Bills' MUST win out to have a chance at the playoffs. If they win their remaining games, and Pittsburgh loses two games (Cinci and Denver) the Bills are in and don't need help from anyone else.

Please, will others take a close look and verify what I think is possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X