Thread: NHL COACHES CHALLENGE JUST ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE NHL MAKE THE TEAM THEY WANT TO WIN

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NHL COACHES CHALLENGE JUST ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE NHL MAKE THE TEAM THEY WANT TO WIN

NHL Public Relations@PR_NHL 3h3 hours ago Explanation of Coach's Challenge at 9:35 of the second period in the @NYIslanders/@BuffaloSabres game. #NYIvsBUF

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NHL COACHES CHALLENGE JUST ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE NHL MAKE THE TEAM THEY WANT TO WIN

AND PUSHING THE GOALTENDER OUT OF THE WAY WITH THE STICK ISN'T GOALTENDER INTERFERENCE...THIS LEAGUE IS SUCH A JOKE!
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 12-31-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NHL COACHES CHALLENGE JUST ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE NHL MAKE THE TEAM THEY WANT TO WIN

...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

4. Post thanked by:

Dude (01-01-2016),JATMtheJATM (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What interference? Stop being such a whiner about the game ffs...if you don't like the game, just stop watching.

Do something more productive with your time.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if anything he pushed him closer to making a save.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 12,036 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This guy needs to shut the **** up
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 4,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The NHL should just bite the bullet, admits that some teams have been done dirty by this rule change, and end the coaches challenging goals after this season ends.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

On one hand, the puck wasn't "frozen" by the goalie. It was laying open underneath him and ended up being pushed out and to an Islander who shot it in. On the other hand, the goalie was clearly pushed into the net giving him much less of a chance to save it once it popped out.

Now, I have seen several times when a puck is CLEARLY visible and free at the side of the net and the ref blows the whistle because he has lost sight of it.

I have also seen several goals called back because a players toe was up in the air, but still clearly behind the blue line, therefore offsides.

Without the new rule, this couldn't have been challenged, though I believe Sabres fans would be just as incensed by it. But several Sabres goals would have counted and resulted in much different outcomes of games.

Personally, I think the play should have been reversed, but then again I am a Sabres fan.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

99/100 times when the goalie thinks he has it but it is laying behind him in the crease, he is not making that save regardless of what happens to him. I don't see how you reverse the call. The puck was loose, the goalie had no idea where it was, and had he not been touched there is an extremely good chance it goes in anyways.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    99/100 times when the goalie thinks he has it but it is laying behind him in the crease, he is not making that save regardless of what happens to him. I don't see how you reverse the call. The puck was loose, the goalie had no idea where it was, and had he not been touched there is an extremely good chance it goes in anyways.
    So, you can maul the goalie while the puck remains loose?

How is that not "interfering with the goalie"?
    Last edited by chernobylwraiths; 01-02-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    So, you can maul the goalie while the puck remains loose?

How is that not "interfering with the goalie"?
    The thing is I see a guy going to poke a loose puck through the goalie's legs and the goalie squeezing the stick which caused him to move. Regardless, if the goalie is in the corner and the puck is in front of the open net, bumping him doesn't negate the goal. If the goalie had even a remote idea where the puck was I would believe you. I also speak from experience having played over 20 years of goal myself.