Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank on!

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tank on!

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    McGinn producing some... he will get a return at the trade deadline. No need to sink any money into him.

I say we run Lehner out there for the rest of the year no matter how he's playing. He's Murray's boy.. might as well ride and hope the light bulb goes on... but not until the end of the season...

Are there any other pieces we can move?
    Gionta might get you a second rounder. Ennis possibly more. They have a few on defense that aren't worth much but a team looking for depth might give you something for Coliacavo and Weber. Only guys in Rochester that I can think might be depth guys or someone to trade would be Ruwhedle, Varrone, and even Kaleta. I don't have the desire to go back and spellcheck each one of those players.

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Seriously... this team is clearly better than last year's sh1t show but they aren't making the playoffs.

another prize is waiting there in Matthews and some recent reports are saying that he's a better prospect than Eichel.

were bound to win one of these lotteries.
    There are going to be three draws of lottery balls in this years lottery

Non-Playoff Team
    (Fewest Pts. to Most)
    New Draft Lottery Odds Odds Under Former Allocation
    1 20.0% 25.0%
    2 13.5% 18.8%
    3 11.5% 14.2%
    4 9.5% 10.7%
    5 8.5% 8.1%
    6 7.5% 6.2%
    7 6.5% 4.7%
    8 6.0% 3.6%
    9 5.0% 2.7%
    10 3.5% 2.1%
    11 3.0% 1.5%
    12 2.5% 1.1%
    13 2.0% 0.8%
    14 1.0% 0.5%

2016 NHL Draft Lottery

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.
    Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.
    As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.
    The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.
    The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 01-02-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought the Maple Leafs waited to long to get their rebuild and tank on but it appears I was wrong.. This Top 5 in 2016 is really looking good better than 2014 for sure.. And for a top 5 its looking like its deep enough that it wont be devastating not too get the No.1 overall pick....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The top 6 on this team is really fine. The bottom 6 is a ****ing mess.

The sooner we can get rid of Gionta and Moulson the better.

With that said I still take Matthews if he's there, he's too good to pass up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

goaltender is all that's standing between this team and the playoffs.

you could argue we're mostly a 2.5 line team as well, which is true. a few more nhl quality forwards would help, at least till we have 3 lines, 4 would be ideal, but we have what we have. so 2-4 average forwards, 2 average defensemen and a good nhl goaltender and we'd be competitive.

get a goaltender and we'd be right in the thick of it. right now we're getting mediocre to average play from that position, it's amazing we're as competitive as we are.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-02-2016 at 03:34 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

you could argue we're mostly a 2.5 line team as well, which is true. a few more nhl quality forwards would help, at least till we have 3 lines, 4 would be ideal, but we have what we have. so 2-4 average forwards, 2 average defensemen and a good nhl goaltender and we'd be competitive.

get a goaltender and we'd be right in the thick of it. right now we're getting mediocre to average play from that position, it's amazing we're as competitive as we are.
    I don't think we're a goalie away from the playoffs. Realistically, how can you expect 3 players to carry the offense? ROR, Eichel, and Risto have done all the heavy lifting offensively for this team with little help. Girgensons finally being on Eichel's wing has got his game going at least, but this team needs a LOT more production out of atleast 2-3 of Ennis, Foligno, Larsson, Legwand, Gionta, Moulson, and Girgs.. I'll give Kane a pass for now but even he has been under producing on the score sheet (if he can somehow become a better/more willing passer that would improve his game tremendously). I don't expect much out of Legwand at this stage of his career and Des is fine as an energy 4th liner.

I mean, I like McGinn most of the time, but there's a problem when he's one of the best forwards on your team.

ROR and Risto are going to have career years offensively and we're still one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.
    Last edited by Crisis; 01-02-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Second last place and one point from the basement...

So seriously... Matthews is very much in the radar.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I believe this team will only get better and will finish somewhere between 6 - 8 from the bottom.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

How many games have they scored one goal this year?

Blaming their record on a general lack of goaltending is wrong. There's no nice way to say other wise. They're 28th in the NHL in goals scored per game

But the goaltending is the problem

Come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

10. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is no way that Gionta is going to get you a second.

12. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-05-2016),Dr. Lecter (01-06-2016),mightysimi (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

do me a favor, read this and compare it to how the Sabres are doing the rebuild it sounds to me that Murray is doing it the same way the Blues did their rebuild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Blues#Playoff_streak_ends.3B_rebuild_begins_.282005.E2.80.9310.29

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    do me a favor, read this and compare it to how the Sabres are doing the rebuild it sounds to me that Murray is doing it the same way the Blues did their rebuild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Blues#Playoff_streak_ends.3B_rebuild_begins_.282005.E2.80.9310.29
    AND probably will be just as successful in the end.

All the pain of losing without the big win in the end.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Another loss!!!!

go Pegula's culture of winning!

16. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Craig Button post junior tournament mock... He has Laine going 2nd and Puljujarvi going 3rd... Jacob Chychrun drops to 6th and Olli Juolevi is at 7..if you go strictly by the standings the sabres would be picking 2nd overall right now.... Button echoed what others are saying..Eichel and Laine together would be dynamite..

http://www.tsn.ca/button-s-post-worl...draft-1.418389

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    How many games have they scored one goal this year?

Blaming their record on a general lack of goaltending is wrong. There's no nice way to say other wise. They're 28th in the NHL in goals scored per game

But the goaltending is the problem

Come on.
    Agree with this, but can someone tell me why we let Michal Neuvirth get away? He's top ten in GAA. Would be better than what they have now, no?

19. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Agree with this, but can someone tell me why we let Michal Neuvirth get away? He's top ten in GAA. Would be better than what they have now, no?
    I can tell you exactly why.... he wasn't Tim Murray's boy! That would be the guy who hasn't played a game yet this season that we had to give up a first round pick for... when no one else probably would have given him anything above a second or third for the guy.

21. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-13-2016),swiper (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    The top 6 on this team is really fine.
    LOLOLOLOLOL. Really?????

Quote Originally Posted by wgr550.com
    In Buffalo’s five losses it’s scored seven goals. Overall they’re 27th in the NHL in goal scoring.
    http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-try-to-...slump/22349313

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Yeah, because they have zero secondary scoring.

Gionta, Moulson, Legwand, Zemgus, Foligno, Des, and Larsson have 19 goals between them.

The top 6 is comparatively fine. Ennis not being useless would solve a lot of the problems in the top 6. An upgrade over McGinn would be nice, as is another winger for Eichel. But compared to the trash that rounds out the bottom half of the forwards right now? Yeah, it's fine.

And yeah, I'm counting Gionta as a bottom 6 player because that's where he belongs. He needs to get the hell away from Eichel.
    Last edited by Crisis; 01-08-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Yeah, because they have zero secondary scoring.

Gionta, Moulson, Legwand, Zemgus, Foligno, Des, and Larsson have 19 goals between them.

The top 6 is comparatively fine. Ennis not being useless would solve a lot of the problems in the top 6. An upgrade over McGinn would be nice, as is another winger for Eichel. But compared to the trash that rounds out the bottom half of the forwards right now? Yeah, it's fine.

And yeah, I'm counting Gionta as a bottom 6 player because that's where he belongs. He needs to get the hell away from Eichel.
    I think look at Gionta is here to be a player/coach on the ice. same role Matty Ellis plays down in Rochester

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gionta is useless. So is Ennis. McGinn is better than given credit for.

26. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-08-2016)