Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2016 - Draft simulator time....

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2016 - Draft simulator time....

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I was surprised, in all honesty, how well it went (except for late when WR's and CB's populated the top of the list). I waited as long as I could without 'cheating' a little bit (the very last pick), and still ended up with a WR, two DTs, an olineman, and a LBer.
    I'm finding myself hoping they trade down a bit, and gain another pick or two. This really is a deep draft where we need it to be, imho.

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (04-19-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This will be one of my last sim drafts, I'm pretty locked into my reasoning and players by now. The general tone will be skilled, flexible raw players to be taught or built. I think that's where they are going and it's what I want for what they want.

19: R1P19 OLB Leonard Floyd Georgia : He's a younger, better Manny Lawson who can learn with Manny Lawson. In my perfect world they'd get a pure OLB like Joshua Perry, and a pure DE like Emmanuel Ogbah or Jihad Ward, but I'm thinking they have their 2nd necessary 3 down LB in Zach Brown and they want another Hughes in the form of Lawson, and that's Floyd if he's there.

49: R2P18 CB Xavien Howard Baylor : Best suited to be a press corner and built like a safety. I think Gilmore is going to get hurt, if he doesn't they can wave goodbye to him after this kid has a year under Ryan.

80: R3P17 G Vadal Alexander LSU : A run game masher to step in if Miller gets hurt again or train to replace Incognito down the road.

117: R4P19 WR Kenny Lawler California : Needs some weight for the pro game, excellent ball skills, give him some time in the weight room, groom him behind 2017 FA Woods, and enjoy the plays the man will make.

139: R4P41 DT D.J. Reader Clemson : A big, versatile DT who can play multiple positions and needs some technique. Who better to learn from than Kyle and Dareus ? He can move.

156: R5P17 OT Willie Beavers Western Michigan : Has the tools, needs refinement. Is Kromer all that ? If he is, this kid could end the Henderson/Koundjio sweepstakes and put them back to depth where they belong.

192: R6P17 ILB Blake Martinez Stanford : A solid lb, an effort guy, a guy who will surprise you, and someone ready to roll 3 downs a pop if the Browns aren't all that and maybe even if they are.

218: R6P43 S Jayron Kearse Clemson : Sitting there in the 6th, with his size and possibility, Ryan's love of safeties and formation roles, if Aaron Williams gets hurt again, he'll lose his job. Probably will anyway in a year if this kid can learn.

-For the love of Cookie, I didn't think Conklin is there at 19 or I'd grab him surely, I ruled out Jarran Reed as a better 4-3 DT prospect, ruled out Ragland because of the Zach Brown signing, ruled out Darron Lee because he's not a Lawson type so perfectly as Floyd is.
    -I just can't throw a pick at a QB with the choices available at each slot.
    -I just can't go too early or too late on a WR or CB because the quality for WR is either wasted on a rushing offense, or the quality plunges on cb's
    -I'm thinking they want trainable guys, putting priority on athletes over polish because this staff is not going anywhere

I'm thinking this is one of those rare drafts that can give us 8 future starters, "can" not "will" and these guys are close to my best bets on potential who can also make immediate effect if needed, obviously with growing pains.

4. Post thanked by:

YardRat (04-22-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's a shame they don't have a final sim draft big board with the players ranked by draft order, for retrospect. Then again, maybe it's not a shame, I'd be upsetting myself daily and beating dead horses for a year.

6. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-10-2016)