Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Cam Newton Overrated?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Cam Newton Overrated?

Hate his attitude in losing.....still, the guy throws the ball like a 100MPH MLB fastball...it's freakish

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,320 Times in 15,463 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He received no help from his line, and Vonn Miller was sprinting around the end on practically every play.

In fact it reminded me of Cornelius Bennett chasing John Elway, lol.

Still, he needs to grow up.

His little tirade may have cost him millions in endorsements.

3. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    He received no help from his line, and Vonn Miller was sprinting around the end on practically every play..
    But, he's SUPERMAN! He should be able to leap tall linebackers in a single bound.

Nobody has ever seen such a combination of skills and intangibles all in one person! His blackness alone should have scared off those defenders!

He's an entertainer and an icon!

You don't grow out of this kind of douchebaggery. You're born with it, and you take it to your grave.

Hmm. Just a thought. Maybe that fumbled ball was made of Kryptonite.
    Last edited by WagonCircler; 02-09-2016 at 10:02 AM.

5. Post thanked by:

Mr. Miyagi (02-09-2016),The last buffalo fan (02-09-2016),Thurmal (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From Albert Breer's twitter

Cam Newton making no apologies for postgame presser. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

I guess Russel Wilson is a loser because I remember him being very humble after last year's Super Bowl. Lebron James took questions for about 10 minutes like a man after last year's Finals as well. Brady (as much as I hate him) always acts with class after the tough losses. What a bunch of losers !!

7. Post thanked by:

Mr. Miyagi (02-09-2016),The last buffalo fan (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't fault Cams reaction. The NFL tries to hard to make the NFL a business that it actually makes the Superbowl lose all emotion. I actually was eager to see the panthers win and act like little kids. I love that and the NFL takes it away
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    I don't fault Cams reaction. The NFL tries to hard to make the NFL a business that it actually makes the Superbowl lose all emotion. I actually was eager to see the panthers win and act like little kids. I love that and the NFL takes it away
    I couldn't disagree more.

We as parents teach our kids to not be a sore loser. We teach them to be graceful and congratulate the winner. Get up and try again, learn from your mistakes, all the cliches.

Cam Newton is being a sore loser and crybaby. Not at all a good representative of the mighty NFL, especially being the league MVP.

10. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-09-2016),Thurmal (02-10-2016),WagonCircler (02-09-2016)

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All those skills, and nothing of brains! The boy is a baller, but can't handle pressure or criticism.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Why does everyone feel the need to friggin psychoanalyze the guy? He's a damn good football player, and I really could give 2 ****s about if he's a good loser or not. Does he win games? Oh, he does? Good enough for me. I would LOVE him on this team, and I'm guessing every single one of you would too.

13. Post thanked by:

gebobs (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dasaybz View Post
    I really don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Why does everyone feel the need to friggin psychoanalyze the guy? He's a damn good football player, and I really could give 2 ****s about if he's a good loser or not. Does he win games? Oh, he does? Good enough for me. I would LOVE him on this team, and I'm guessing every single one of you would too.
    You would guess wrong.

He's a ****** a s s hole. I don't root for a s s holes.

Whether he wants to hear it or not, when you accept that multi-million dollar contact, you accept certain responsibilities, and one of those is role model. He's this supposed joyful player who enjoys the game so much....blah, blah, blah.

He showed his true colors. He's a *****.

He's the anti-Don Beebe. One guy refused to give up and chased an opponent 70 yards to stop a TD, even though his team was down by 30 points. The other mentally checked out of a Super Bowl that his team still could have won, refusing to even try to recover his own fumble.

Then he goes and plays the whining, put-upon victim, doling out one-word answers.

It's not psychoanalysis, it's just calling them like we see them. He's a guy who gets punched in the mouth, and he crumbles like a fat girl's lawn chair at a church picnic.

15. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,585 Times in 17,461 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    From Albert Breer's twitter

Cam Newton making no apologies for postgame presser. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

I guess Russel Wilson is a loser because I remember him being very humble after last year's Super Bowl. Lebron James took questions for about 10 minutes like a man after last year's Finals as well. Brady (as much as I hate him) always acts with class after the tough losses. What a bunch of losers !!

It's a lot easier to accept defeat when you've already tasted victory.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    I couldn't disagree more.

We as parents teach our kids to not be a sore loser. We teach them to be graceful and congratulate the winner. Get up and try again, learn from your mistakes, all the cliches.

Cam Newton is being a sore loser and crybaby. Not at all a good representative of the mighty NFL, especially being the league MVP.
    Point 1. No one is taught to be a gracious loser or winner these days, kids are just given a trophy for showing up and then taken for ice cream after. Hell some of these sports when kids are a young age don't even keep track of score. What kids these days are taught is that they are a winner and the best and great just because they showed up.

Point 2. Tom Brady is a sore loser and a crybaby. Peyton Manning is a sore loser and a crybaby. Jim Kelly was a sore loser and a crybaby. Thurman Thomas was a sore loser and a crybaby. Andre Reed was a sore loser and a crybaby. And this list can go on and on about many top stars of the game past and present. Since when is being a crybaby an indictment against anyone? Or is it only an indictment when you don't personally like the person to begin with?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It's a lot easier to accept defeat when you've already tasted victory.
    I thought someone would answer like that.

How about Kevin Durant after the finals 2 years ago ?

Did Jimbo act like this after SB 25 ?

Lebron lost his 1st finals. I honestly don't remember but I doubt he went full *****.

I don't disagree with your point but it seems like an excuse for Cam to pout like a little girl.
    Last edited by Victor7; 02-09-2016 at 03:41 PM.

19. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not an excuse, just an observation over the years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I thought someone would answer like that.

How about Kevin Durant after the finals 2 years ago ?

Did Jimbo ever act like this ?

Lebron lost his 1st finals. I honestly don't remember but I doubt he went full *****.

I don't disagree with your point but it seems like an excuse for Cam to pout like a little girl.
    Jimbo just threw all of his lineman under a bus publicly because he felt he was getting hit too much.

Durant and LeBron pitch fits when they think someone breaths on them in the paint while driving to the hoop and no fall is called.

As I said, all big athletes are sore losers and crybabies as they've experienced winning all along the way to the professional ranks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jim was right both times...Jones and Devlin took turns giving Jet dlinemen space to knock Kelly around, and it took a little while for House to get his head out of his ass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Jimbo just threw all of his lineman under a bus publicly because he felt he was getting hit too much.

Durant and LeBron pitch fits when they think someone breaths on them in the paint while driving to the hoop and no fall is called.

As I said, all big athletes are sore losers and crybabies as they've experienced winning all along the way to the professional ranks.
    1. Not the same

2. Nowhere near the same as you are talking about in game stuff

3. Cam has experienced winning all the way to the current ranks as well. I completely disagree all big athletes are cry babies OFF the field which is the topic here. On the field is another thing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1. Not the same

2. Nowhere near the same as you are talking about in game stuff

3. Cam has experienced winning all the way to the current ranks as well. I completely disagree all big athletes are cry babies OFF the field which is the topic here. On the field is another thing.
    Kelly ripped his teammates openly in the media...Bickering Bills.

LeBron left Cleveland because he didn't think they'd pull in the pieces for him to win a championship. Even after he had full input on coaching decision and player acquisitions. Even now he was part of the reason that Blatt was fired this year.

Since you made the criteria just complaining off the field about on field actions...admittedly I don't know much about how Durant acts off the court to say one way or another.

But we all point out how Cam's postgame presser was a knock against him however Thurman Thomas missed media day for the third Superbowl and no one cares anymore, Marshawn Lynch showed up last year and just repeatedly said "I'm only here so I don't get fined" and everyone laughs. Neither of those two actions are standup adult actions either and is pretty much a solid representation of how all top flight prima donna athletes act off the field.

Hell Peyton Manning talked smack about Vanderjagt the one year after he missed an important field goal calling him the idiot liquored up kicker.

Just par for the course when it comes to these guys and if you have a negative opinion of them to begin with, it's just more fuel to that fire. If you have a positive opinion of them, then it's either brushed aside or laughed off.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Kelly ripped his teammates openly in the media...Bickering Bills.

LeBron left Cleveland because he didn't think they'd pull in the pieces for him to win a championship. Even after he had full input on coaching decision and player acquisitions. Even now he was part of the reason that Blatt was fired this year.

Since you made the criteria just complaining off the field about on field actions...admittedly I don't know much about how Durant acts off the court to say one way or another.

But we all point out how Cam's postgame presser was a knock against him however Thurman Thomas missed media day for the third Superbowl and no one cares anymore, Marshawn Lynch showed up last year and just repeatedly said "I'm only here so I don't get fined" and everyone laughs. Neither of those two actions are standup adult actions either and is pretty much a solid representation of how all top flight prima donna athletes act off the field.

Hell Peyton Manning talked smack about Vanderjagt the one year after he missed an important field goal calling him the idiot liquored up kicker.

Just par for the course when it comes to these guys and if you have a negative opinion of them to begin with, it's just more fuel to that fire. If you have a positive opinion of them, then it's either brushed aside or laughed off.
    I really don't see the relation between most of the stuff you are saying and Cam. Other than the Lynch thing which to me wasn't funny. It was stupid and worthy of a fine/suspension. Ditto for Thurman although its also not the same.

I already agreed that some athletes are asswipes. But in that same situation, post press conference in a big game I can't recall many ..... if any acting like that.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I cannot understand why people give a crap about post game press conferences.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

27. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    You would guess wrong.

He's a ****** a s s hole. I don't root for a s s holes.

Whether he wants to hear it or not, when you accept that multi-million dollar contact, you accept certain responsibilities, and one of those is role model. He's this supposed joyful player who enjoys the game so much....blah, blah, blah.

He showed his true colors. He's a *****.

He's the anti-Don Beebe. One guy refused to give up and chased an opponent 70 yards to stop a TD, even though his team was down by 30 points. The other mentally checked out of a Super Bowl that his team still could have won, refusing to even try to recover his own fumble.

Then he goes and plays the whining, put-upon victim, doling out one-word answers.

It's not psychoanalysis, it's just calling them like we see them. He's a guy who gets punched in the mouth, and he crumbles like a fat girl's lawn chair at a church picnic.
    Ahh, but you'll root for losers like Trent Edwards right?

I'll take Cam all day over the garbage that has walked through that door at 1 Bills Dr. since Jimbo.

Cam got punched in the mouth plenty this year, and ended up 15-1. That's a better record than the Bills have ever had.