• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: Is Cam Newton Overrated?

Hate his attitude in losing.....still, the guy throws the ball like a 100MPH MLB fastball...it's freakish

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

He received no help from his line, and Vonn Miller was sprinting around the end on practically every play.

In fact it reminded me of Cornelius Bennett chasing John Elway, lol.

Still, he needs to grow up.

His little tirade may have cost him millions in endorsements.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        He received no help from his line, and Vonn Miller was sprinting around the end on practically every play..
        But, he's SUPERMAN! He should be able to leap tall linebackers in a single bound.

Nobody has ever seen such a combination of skills and intangibles all in one person! His blackness alone should have scared off those defenders!

He's an entertainer and an icon!

You don't grow out of this kind of douchebaggery. You're born with it, and you take it to your grave.

Hmm. Just a thought. Maybe that fumbled ball was made of Kryptonite.
        Last edited by WagonCircler; 02-09-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Victor7
          • Jul 2013

From Albert Breer's twitter

Cam Newton making no apologies for postgame presser. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

I guess Russel Wilson is a loser because I remember him being very humble after last year's Super Bowl. Lebron James took questions for about 10 minutes like a man after last year's Finals as well. Brady (as much as I hate him) always acts with class after the tough losses. What a bunch of losers !!

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

I don't fault Cams reaction. The NFL tries to hard to make the NFL a business that it actually makes the Superbowl lose all emotion. I actually was eager to see the panthers win and act like little kids. I love that and the NFL takes it away
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
              I don't fault Cams reaction. The NFL tries to hard to make the NFL a business that it actually makes the Superbowl lose all emotion. I actually was eager to see the panthers win and act like little kids. I love that and the NFL takes it away
              I couldn't disagree more.

We as parents teach our kids to not be a sore loser. We teach them to be graceful and congratulate the winner. Get up and try again, learn from your mistakes, all the cliches.

Cam Newton is being a sore loser and crybaby. Not at all a good representative of the mighty NFL, especially being the league MVP.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

All those skills, and nothing of brains! The boy is a baller, but can't handle pressure or criticism.
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• dasaybz
                  • Apr 2005

I really don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Why does everyone feel the need to friggin psychoanalyze the guy? He's a damn good football player, and I really could give 2 ****s about if he's a good loser or not. Does he win games? Oh, he does? Good enough for me. I would LOVE him on this team, and I'm guessing every single one of you would too.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dasaybz View Post
                    I really don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Why does everyone feel the need to friggin psychoanalyze the guy? He's a damn good football player, and I really could give 2 ****s about if he's a good loser or not. Does he win games? Oh, he does? Good enough for me. I would LOVE him on this team, and I'm guessing every single one of you would too.
                    You would guess wrong.

He's a ****** a s s hole. I don't root for a s s holes.

Whether he wants to hear it or not, when you accept that multi-million dollar contact, you accept certain responsibilities, and one of those is role model. He's this supposed joyful player who enjoys the game so much....blah, blah, blah.

He showed his true colors. He's a *****.

He's the anti-Don Beebe. One guy refused to give up and chased an opponent 70 yards to stop a TD, even though his team was down by 30 points. The other mentally checked out of a Super Bowl that his team still could have won, refusing to even try to recover his own fumble.

Then he goes and plays the whining, put-upon victim, doling out one-word answers.

It's not psychoanalysis, it's just calling them like we see them. He's a guy who gets punched in the mouth, and he crumbles like a fat girl's lawn chair at a church picnic.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                      From Albert Breer's twitter

Cam Newton making no apologies for postgame presser. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

I guess Russel Wilson is a loser because I remember him being very humble after last year's Super Bowl. Lebron James took questions for about 10 minutes like a man after last year's Finals as well. Brady (as much as I hate him) always acts with class after the tough losses. What a bunch of losers !!

It's a lot easier to accept defeat when you've already tasted victory.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                        I couldn't disagree more.

We as parents teach our kids to not be a sore loser. We teach them to be graceful and congratulate the winner. Get up and try again, learn from your mistakes, all the cliches.

Cam Newton is being a sore loser and crybaby. Not at all a good representative of the mighty NFL, especially being the league MVP.
                        Point 1. No one is taught to be a gracious loser or winner these days, kids are just given a trophy for showing up and then taken for ice cream after. Hell some of these sports when kids are a young age don't even keep track of score. What kids these days are taught is that they are a winner and the best and great just because they showed up.

Point 2. Tom Brady is a sore loser and a crybaby. Peyton Manning is a sore loser and a crybaby. Jim Kelly was a sore loser and a crybaby. Thurman Thomas was a sore loser and a crybaby. Andre Reed was a sore loser and a crybaby. And this list can go on and on about many top stars of the game past and present. Since when is being a crybaby an indictment against anyone? Or is it only an indictment when you don't personally like the person to begin with?

Comment

• Victor7
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          It's a lot easier to accept defeat when you've already tasted victory.
                          I thought someone would answer like that.

How about Kevin Durant after the finals 2 years ago ?

Did Jimbo act like this after SB 25 ?

Lebron lost his 1st finals. I honestly don't remember but I doubt he went full *****.

I don't disagree with your point but it seems like an excuse for Cam to pout like a little girl.
                          Last edited by Victor7; 02-09-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Not an excuse, just an observation over the years.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                              I thought someone would answer like that.

How about Kevin Durant after the finals 2 years ago ?

Did Jimbo ever act like this ?

Lebron lost his 1st finals. I honestly don't remember but I doubt he went full *****.

I don't disagree with your point but it seems like an excuse for Cam to pout like a little girl.
                              Jimbo just threw all of his lineman under a bus publicly because he felt he was getting hit too much.

Durant and LeBron pitch fits when they think someone breaths on them in the paint while driving to the hoop and no fall is called.

As I said, all big athletes are sore losers and crybabies as they've experienced winning all along the way to the professional ranks.

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Jim was right both times...Jones and Devlin took turns giving Jet dlinemen space to knock Kelly around, and it took a little while for House to get his head out of his ass.
                                YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                                X