Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The importance of Kyle Williams

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The importance of Kyle Williams

Who was rushing the QB if Mario, Kyle and Dareus drop on every play? That's all I hear is that we always drop lineman. I bet each of them dropped on less than 10% of the plays. While we are on the subject of lineman dropping, how about we research Lebeau, Dick and see if he had any success with that plan.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So 10% of Wrecks' ineptitude was dropping linemen, and the other 90% is because he's simply a clueless ****ing buffoon. That sounds about right.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Who was rushing the QB if Mario, Kyle and Dareus drop on every play? That's all I hear is that we always drop lineman. I bet each of them dropped on less than 10% of the plays. While we are on the subject of lineman dropping, how about we research Lebeau, Dick and see if he had any success with that plan.
    DB's...actually, he didn't even blitz with them, just feebly faked it sometimes.

You just found the key to the question of "who was rushing the QB". No one was. That's why we had the fewest sacks in 38 years for the Bills since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule. If you really think about this, seriously, a lot of things will become unavoidably clear to you.

It's not even so much dropping linemen into coverage, as much as it's dropping your pass rushing 300 lb DT's into coverage. You notice I don't mention Mario when this comes up. There is no reasonable world in which you expect Kyle Williams and Dareus to effectively cover any one in defense against the pass. I'm sorry, but it's just what it is. By the same token, like who is it that plugs the line or rushes when they drop back ? The answer is your coverage guys.

If you really think about that as well, even more becomes clear. It makes no sense covering with your rushers and rushing your coverage guys unless you are delusional.

Hughes dropped into coverage 58 times, Mario 28 times, Dareus 5, and Kyle 15. Corbin Bryant dropped 15 times. We dropped that many pass rushing productions sacks into coverage 121 times.

Now you tell me why we had the fewest sacks for a Bills team in 38 years since they went to a 16 game season one year after we had 33 more of them ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by toto8 View Post
    I didn't know what you were talking about until I just saw this http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...Patriots/page5

Now everything is clear to me. Sucks that you have to show that ****ty logo YardRat I feel sorry for you.
    Would have sucked more if I had to, though I suppose it's related to personal perspective.

5. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

3 days down, and no deflated balls yet...

7. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    3 days down, and no deflated balls yet...
    Had no doubt you have some PSI, hombre.

9. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    DB's...actually, he didn't even blitz with them, just feebly faked it sometimes.

You just found the key to the question of "who was rushing the QB". No one was. That's why we had the fewest sacks in 38 years for the Bills since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule. If you really think about this, seriously, a lot of things will become unavoidably clear to you.

It's not even so much dropping linemen into coverage, as much as it's dropping your pass rushing 300 lb DT's into coverage. You notice I don't mention Mario when this comes up. There is no reasonable world in which you expect Kyle Williams and Dareus to effectively cover any one in defense against the pass. I'm sorry, but it's just what it is. By the same token, like who is it that plugs the line or rushes when they drop back ? The answer is your coverage guys.

If you really think about that as well, even more becomes clear. It makes no sense covering with your rushers and rushing your coverage guys unless you are delusional.

Hughes dropped into coverage 58 times, Mario 28 times, Dareus 5, and Kyle 15. Corbin Bryant dropped 15 times. We dropped that many pass rushing productions sacks into coverage 121 times.

Now you tell me why we had the fewest sacks for a Bills team in 38 years since they went to a 16 game season one year after we had 33 more of them ?
    I totally get what you are saying. What I am saying is that it can work and there is a history of it working. Based on these stats, their production should have only slipped by 11% because every time they dropped. If the guys can get home quickly (which is the design) then a DT or DE being 3 or 4 yards deep isn't tragic because the WR or TE haven't had a chance to get there or the hot WR will be dragging or hooking right where they are or more precisely where they are supposed to be. If they don't get there well we all saw what happened. Some of this is on scheme. I think he does outsmart himself and try to get too cute but like I will continue to say, lots of this is on the players too. You have to beat the guy in front of you. That's why they are paid a ton. They weren't all doubled on every play. I saw enough times of our players getting stonewalled by generic Tackles and Guards to last me a lifetime.

Can he make the adjustments? That's the question and I'm a little skeptical but I do want to see what happens when they are all in on the D.

Plus we have all seen Kyle's sweet mitts. :)

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/vi...0-afcc421a5a1c

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I totally get what you are saying. What I am saying is that it can work and there is a history of it working. Based on these stats, their production should have only slipped by 11% because every time they dropped. If the guys can get home quickly (which is the design) then a DT or DE being 3 or 4 yards deep isn't tragic because the WR or TE haven't had a chance to get there or the hot WR will be dragging or hooking right where they are or more precisely where they are supposed to be. If they don't get there well we all saw what happened. Some of this is on scheme. I think he does outsmart himself and try to get too cute but like I will continue to say, lots of this is on the players too. You have to beat the guy in front of you. That's why they are paid a ton. They weren't all doubled on every play. I saw enough times of our players getting stonewalled by generic Tackles and Guards to last me a lifetime.

Can he make the adjustments? That's the question and I'm a little skeptical but I do want to see what happens when they are all in on the D.

Plus we have all seen Kyle's sweet mitts. :)

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/vi...0-afcc421a5a1c
    But you can't beat the guy in front of you when you are dropping into coverage ! Those linemen are blocking other people when they don't have to block a DL who could occupy two of them !

I just don't see anyway to blame the players for not fitting is scheme as I see clearly how to blame him for not scheming to his players so we have to agree to disagree and see what happens.

I think we both agree we hope he can make adjustments and there's just no way it will be with the same players or it will failsauce again. He's going to replace people, because he does no wrong in his head.

12. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But you can't beat the guy in front of you when you are dropping into coverage ! Those linemen are blocking other people when they don't have to block a DL who could occupy two of them !

I just don't see anyway to blame the players for not fitting is scheme as I see clearly how to blame him for not scheming to his players so we have to agree to disagree and see what happens.

I think we both agree we hope he can make adjustments and there's just no way it will be with the same players or it will failsauce again. He's going to replace people, because he does no wrong in his head.
    We saw above how many snaps they dropped in coverage. It isn't a lot. In fact only 11% of all snaps did a lineman drop. Without looking it up, I'm quite confident that the players' production didn't only drop by 11%. Either way you are right that we need to hope he makes the adjustments but like I have maintained, I am skeptical.

I mean in this thread alone there are links that debunks the myth that he was lying about scheme change. I don't know if he can fix it but this is the season where it is his way. So do or die.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I couldn't agree more with you Mace. I hate the fact that they have to rebuild the defense because "Wrecks" wants to be exotic, also this same defense performed very well when Schwartz was the coach. I am not mad with Mario not performing this year if I was in his position I will be pissed too who the hell drops d-linemen into coverage when you know they're great or excellent at getting to the QB and/or disrupting the pocket? Hell even our LB'S played terrible this last season but with Schwartz they were OK.

Wrecks needs to figure it out with what we have and keep Mario; stop with the stupid exotic BS and let your players do the work don't put them in terrible positions. I got sick to watch reviews after games and see Kyle, Dareus or Mario standing there in the middle of the field covering ghosts instead of going after the QB.

I want to see stunts, move them around different positions from DE to DT and being creative along the line not away from it. Pettine did it.
    Bills fan since the 90'S it all begin with tecmo super bowl...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How can you compare different seasons in Football? Usually every year about half of the teams that make the playoffs in one season don't the next. If they have the same coaches, why don't they make it every year? Is it, just maybe, the infinite number of variables that could pop up during a season? You can barely compare month to month during the season.

How did Pettine's D do this year? Just for a refresher, not good. and remember, injuries, changing scheme and below average play aren't excuses. It is all on the coach.