• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Shady to be in trouble.......

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
    If this franchise had a spine they would cut him (IF he is guilty).

We are a laughing stock to the entire country thanks to our 16 year playoff drought. We have a coach who is a loud mouth loser, who can't keep his players under control...yet he talks like he is a perennial Super Bowl champion.

Add a thug criminal who was stomping on a human being (who turned out to be a cop) over a bottle of champagne to this? Spare me.

F McCoy...cut him. This franchise is a ****** joke.
    Yes, this team has a pathetic playoff drought. Yes, this team has a loudmouth self-serving coach. That has nothing to do with this situation.

McCoy got in a barfight over something stupid. I got in a few in my younger days. Most of my friends have too. Yeah, it's stupid. It's immature. There should be consequences. But it shouldn't cost him his job. Every team has or has had a player that has done worse.

We expect these guys to be animals in the gym so they can be violent, wild animals on the field for our entertainment, then turn it off and walk around in society like they're some average Joe. For the most par they do a damn good job of it, but there will be mistakes.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
      The one thing that bothers me about this is, "Off Duty Police Officers". I hate that crap. Off Duty, also known as just some person doing regular crap. Just because the people involved were off duty cops doesn't make what anyone did to them any worse than if they were just "Regular Joes". I know from experience how that can get twisted around.
      A couple of off-duty cops beat up and killed a guy I knew, Richard Long, back in '77.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

On the ride home from work this evening WFAN (NYC) is reporting that the Philadelphia police have issued an arrest warrant for McCoy.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Void his contract for breaking the law and outright cut him.

Zero tolerance for this garbage. This team already is a laughing stock. We don't need a criminal on our roster...plus we can use the cap space.

Adios!
          Riiiiiight. Cut one of the best running backs in the league for getting in a bar fight. NO

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

If this franchise had a spine they would cut him (IF he is guilty).

We are a laughing stock to the entire country thanks to our 16 year playoff drought. We have a coach who is a loud mouth loser, who can't keep his players under control...yet he talks like he is a perennial Super Bowl champion.

Add a thug criminal who was stomping on a human being (who turned out to be a cop) over a bottle of champagne to this? Spare me.

F McCoy...cut him. This franchise is a ****** joke.
            Wow. Talk about knee jerk reactions. Groan. Stop following the ****ing team then if you think they're a joke. Why bother?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              Depending of his level of involvement and what the full story is, if he's arrested he could go to jail. Assault is not just something to scoff at, and I'm not saying cut him, but we need to have a lot more details come forward before we assume much of anything.
              Yes it is.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                our offense was COMPLETELY different when he was on the field. Those stats are heavily weighted by the games he missed. Injury prone, maybe, but he's a difference maker when he's on the field
                I don't know. 895 yards and 3 td's for 5.5 million in cap speaks for itself. If he's available for the first game in 2016, he'll trot out onto the field for his first snap having cost 13 million in cap for 895 yards and 3 td's as of that moment. If that's your definition of superstar, ok, but it's not mine.

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                  Riiiiiight. Cut one of the best running backs in the league for getting in a bar fight. NO
                  Well, I'm not sure 895 yards and 3 td's makes him one of the best rb's in the league and worthy of get out of jail free passes. He was 12th in yards. Wowee.

The thing I don't get though, is how people are looking at this in terms of boys will be boys and the success is worth it, like we had some kind of dazzling success already.

He had 895 yards and 3 td's, and we went 8-8 for the 13 million in cap he cost us as of the first time he steps on the field in 2016.

Oh they're a bunch of dastardly rogues venting some offseason steam (same as they did during games with all the stupid undisciplined penalties), but it's soooo worth the success of ...8-8 ?

Heh. People are pointing to things that haven't happened yet to justify inadequate things that have, imho.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

At least he didn't crash his truck in to a Tim Horton's, drunk.

What I want to know is why all of these tough guys were drinking champagne.

That's quite disturbing.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Void his contract for breaking the law and outright cut him.

Zero tolerance for this garbage. This team already is a laughing stock. We don't need a criminal on our roster...plus we can use the cap space.

Adios!
                      HaHaHa. Yeah, he may get charged for assault. First offense should be probation, but with his high profile it depends.

It will be up to the "victims" to press charges, but I'm sure Goodell will be outraged and suspend him after an "investigation".

The funny thing is things can get out of hand when alcohol is involved and we do not know all the details and we may never know given the nature of bar fights in general.

Glad things weren't this way when I was frequenting bars and clubs or I'd still be in jail. Police were never called, it usually just moved outside the club. You won, you lost, you went on with your life.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        At least he didn't crash his truck in to a Tim Horton's, drunk.

What I want to know is why all of these tough guys were drinking champagne.

That's quite disturbing.
                        Made me laugh. Thought of that too, delicately holding champagne glasses then brawling with off duty cops. Maybe they were drinking out of the bottles and wiping their lips on the sleeves of their Armani's.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          HaHaHa. Yeah, he may get charged for assault. First offense should be probation, but with his high profile it depends.

It will be up to the "victims" to press charges, but I'm sure Goodell will be outraged and suspend him after an "investigation".

The funny thing is things can get out of hand when alcohol is involved and we do not know all the details and we may never know given the nature of bar fights in general.

Glad things weren't this way when I was frequenting bars and clubs or I'd still be in jail. Police were never called, it usually just moved outside the club. You won, you lost, you went on with your life.
                          First couple offenses really if no one is majorly hurt. Fractured skulls, broken noses and stomping usually get a more critical analysis. Same thing back in my day, but I never stomped anyone or had anyone stomp me either. Things moved along differently back then. Different world now.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                            A couple of off-duty cops beat up and killed a guy I knew, Richard Long, back in '77.
                            I remember that, but I thought it was more than a couple.

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              First couple offenses really if no one is majorly hurt. Fractured skulls, broken noses and stomping usually get a more critical analysis. Same thing back in my day, but I never stomped anyone or had anyone stomp me either. Things moved along differently back then. Different world now.
                              Yes, if they went down, you didn't kick them or jump on them. You waited until they got up and if they wanted to continue.

There were rules back in the day and there was honor. You got beat, you didn't come back with a bunch of your buddies. You took your lumps and forgot about it.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                                • Mar 2013

Regardless, Shady is going to get suspended due to the NFL's conduct policy.

Now he's going to have to spend a lot of time, money and mental energy on something stupid that happened in Philly.

Get your ass back to Buffalo, LeSean, hire Paul Cambria, Jr. and stop drinking champagne.

Comment

Working...
                                X