• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gilly
    Go Sabres!!
    • Sep 2012

Re: Shady to be in trouble.......

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
    If this franchise had a spine they would cut him (IF he is guilty).

We are a laughing stock to the entire country thanks to our 16 year playoff drought. We have a coach who is a loud mouth loser, who can't keep his players under control...yet he talks like he is a perennial Super Bowl champion.

Add a thug criminal who was stomping on a human being (who turned out to be a cop) over a bottle of champagne to this? Spare me.

F McCoy...cut him. This franchise is a ****** joke.
    go root for the dolphins..

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness,"

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      And the police officer piece makes it sound worse than it is. They were off duty in plain clothes in a bar. The football players didn't know they were cops.
      Yeah this seems a little suspect to me. If Shady hasn't been arrested already that suggests that there's something less than a smoking gun. My guess is there are two sides to the story and the investigators aren't exactly blown away by the off duty cops' version.

It's probably a sad commentary on the overall state of NFL player conduct, but this kind of thing bothers me less than most off-field incidents. A bar fight with off-duty cops isn't exactly like beating your girlfriend or your four-year-old. Dumbass move, but not morally shocking.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

You guys really want to cut Shady over a bar fight? Give me a break.

If he's arrested, this is a two-game suspension, tops. We didn't even fire the assistant OL coach that punched a teenager over a beach chair, and you think we're going to cut our superstar running back?

If he's not arrested, this goes away.
        Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 02-08-2016, 10:57 AM.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post

If he's arrested, this is a two-game suspension, tops. We didn't even fire the assistant OL coach that punched a teenager over a beach chair, and you think we're going to cut our superstar running back?

Depending of his level of involvement and what the full story is, if he's arrested he could go to jail. Assault is not just something to scoff at, and I'm not saying cut him, but we need to have a lot more details come forward before we assume much of anything.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Sure wish we had a superstar running back. Oh, you mean the guy who had 895 yards and 3 td's for 5.5 million in cap ? Oh yeah, he's a superstar all right. Used to be. In Philadelphia.
            Last edited by Mace; 02-08-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

As long as it doesn't effect his playing status, who cares.

If he can still produce on the field, he doesn't need to be a choirboy off of it.

If his off field antics affect his ability to play games or produce on the field then it's a completely different story.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Depending of his level of involvement and what the full story is, if he's arrested he could go to jail. Assault is not just something to scoff at, and I'm not saying cut him, but we need to have a lot more details come forward before we assume much of anything.
                True, I suppose. But let's be real here: without a record he's not going to jail.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather Shady kept his punk ass in his chair. But in the grand scheme this still doesn't feel close to a reason to cut him

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  Sure wish we had a superstar running back. Oh, you mean the guy who had 895 yards and 3 td's for 5.5 million in cap ? Oh yeah, he's a superstar all right. Used to be. In Philadelphia.
                  our offense was COMPLETELY different when he was on the field. Those stats are heavily weighted by the games he missed. Injury prone, maybe, but he's a difference maker when he's on the field

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

This is the definition of the modern athlete.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
                      If this franchise had a spine they would cut him (IF he is guilty).

We are a laughing stock to the entire country thanks to our 16 year playoff drought. We have a coach who is a loud mouth loser, who can't keep his players under control...yet he talks like he is a perennial Super Bowl champion.

Add a thug criminal who was stomping on a human being (who turned out to be a cop) over a bottle of champagne to this? Spare me.

F McCoy...cut him. This franchise is a ****** joke.
                      Overreact much? Dang.

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

our offense was COMPLETELY different when he was on the field. Those stats are heavily weighted by the games he missed. Injury prone, maybe, but he's a difference maker when he's on the field
                        He wasn't really a difference maker this year. The Bills were 5-7 in games he played in and 3-5 in games he had 100+ yards from scrimmage. I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet, but he didn't earn his money last year. If his injuries reduce his effectiveness again in '16, it'll be time to cut our losses.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Sounds shady..
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            And the police officer piece makes it sound worse than it is. .
                            How about the fractured skull piece?

Comment

• Boomstick
                              • Oct 2008

The one thing that bothers me about this is, "Off Duty Police Officers". I hate that crap. Off Duty, also known as just some person doing regular crap. Just because the people involved were off duty cops doesn't make what anyone did to them any worse than if they were just "Regular Joes". I know from experience how that can get twisted around.

About 15 years ago, my sister some of our friends and I all went to a local bar to celebrate a college graduation. I was the designated driver and hadn't had a drop to drink. A couple hours into our fun, my sister goes up to the bar to get some drinks for a few people. While she was down there, a guy kept trying to hit on her. Only about 10 feet away and quiet at the time, I could hear some of the vulgar things he was saying, also could hear her politely say she was not interested.

I was quite angry about it and I had stood up to confront the man. My sister sees this and shakes her head no as she brings the drinks back to our table.
                              Maybe a half hour later, she gets up to get one more drink and the guy starts off again. This time it was even more vulgar and my sister told him to knock it off and she tries to walk away. He grabbed her arm and wouldn't let go. I get up and immediately take his hand off my sister. He is pissed and punches me. I punch back a few times and the next thing I know, I'm being held back by bar security, where I am held long enough to get punched 4 more times by the drunk.

I am then thrown out. I have a broken nose and a cut above my eye, so I got to an urgent care to get x-rays and stitches. The next morning I am woken up by a phone call at 7am. It's the local police telling me that I am having charges pressed against me for assault of an officer. Turns out they found me because I had left my credit card up at the bar as I was paying for drinks, that's how they found me.

Well, just to shorten this, the drunk and the bouncer were both off duty cops. We had no idea as neither had told any of us. They had concocted a story of me being drunk and randomly picking a fight with the one sitting at the bar and punching the bouncer. They also claim I knew the bouncer was a cop. I hired an attorney and luckily after 8 months I was able to beat the charges as I had the 6 other people with us as witnesses. But it wasn't an easy task and they went through great lengths to get me on whatever they could.

So, I'll wait til everything comes out on this before I get too pissed at McCoy for the incident. Although, as a high profile individual he needs to be smarter to avoid this crap. The fact that these guys were off duty cops is irrelevant as it pertains to McCoy, at that moment, but highly relevant as it pertains the them. They should be held to higher standards themselves because of that fact. Just because they're cops too doesn't mean they can't be jagoffs too who were also in the wrong. Hell, just look at the incident a few weeks ago regarding Tony Stewart and the drunk off duty cop, just a few weeks ago. So I know how Cops can look out for each other and will make it seem as though they didn't do a damn thing wrong.

All this being said, I respect police for the job they do. I just hate when a few asshats take that they're officers and abuse the title.
                              Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hello. My name is Shawn Spencer this is my associate Hummingbird Saltalamachia

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Regardless of how this turns out, guilty or innocent, I'm still liking my idea of trading Kiko for an olineman and rolling into the season with FJax, a rookie draft pick, Brown and Boobie much better.
                                YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                                X