Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brady booed !

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Brady booed !

Brady cares only about winning. Truth be known, he probably gets a bigger kick out of being hated than he would if he was adored.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One day either Brady, Belichick, or Adams is going to write a death-bed confession, tell-all biography about how they cheated all those years. It's gonna be a long wait though and when it happens I'll still be here to say I told you ****ers so.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I refused to watch any Super Bowl pre-game or any stuff leading up to the game.

I would have loved to have seen this though.

Brady and Manning are two of the biggest on the field crybabies to put on a uniform.....Dan Marino is third.
    I disagree about Peyton being a cry baby.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

HGH causes the tear ducts to close.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,468 Times in 7,085 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I don't think Brady desires to be admired, quite the opposite...he couldn't care less what others think about him.
    Brady is respected but not loved . Rex is trying hard to be the opposite.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Lmao. I was at an Irish pub near my house in Baltimore when he came out and everyone in the bar booed him too.

The telling sign: nobody got booed but Tommy- boy and one other Patriot (Branch I think). Some people think the Patriots hate is just jealousy. Yeah? Well then why didn't the 70's Steelers or the 70's Dolphins or the 90's Cowboys or the recent Giants get booed? There were a lot of Panthers fans at that game- every single one of those teams and players has more rings than they do. If it were jealousy they would have booed them all.

But they only booed Brady. Why? Sports fans can handle losing- they can handle teams they don't like winning- when it's perceived as fair. They can't handle losing repeatedly to smug *******s who cheat.
    You might recall a time in the early 90's when the Bills were hated.

1st Super Bowl Bills were heavy favorites who chocked it away and lost to a superior coaching staff
    2nd Super Bowl they were dominated by a Redskins Team that Don Beebee called 'the best team he has ever played against'
    3rd Super Bowl NFL Fans were getting sick of seeing Bills in Super Bowls and begged the question: "what happens if Bills lose again?" and "not this team again"
    4th Super Bowl NFL Fans were pissed and hoping the Bills wouldn't make it yet to another SB in which they get blown out in, "please God, anyone but the Bills"

I recall Jets & Pats & Colts fans blasting Jim Kelly as a drunk, as a wife beater, as a playboy party animal who got in bar fights. The Jets & Pats & Colts fans hated him, absolutely and though of him as a ****ty human being. Even some Bills Fans thought Kelly had character issues.

Its very easy to forget sentiment of the era and not to consider the culture of the moment.
    70's Steelers & 80's Raiders were Natorious Cheeters who were very hated
    90's Cowboys, I don't know one Bills Fan who likes that team or thinks super highly of Michael Irvin (character issues), Emmit Smith (Barry was better, great because he ran behind #1 OL) & Troy Aikman (Good QB who benefited from system & D)

------------ Lastly -------------------
    Consider the Culture & Technology
    Before FA & High Salaries 'we the people' relates to the players much better. They more like us and a lot less like today's superstar athletes

Technology: Today you could write a blog, post on a forum, share your feeling on Twitter & FB in real time.

You couldn't do this even in 2000!

Right now each Fan has a voice and often times the most extreme positions get the most attention. So a few hundred fans hating on a player can creat a echo chamber .... 20 years ago these voices were silent
    Last edited by Mike; 02-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Brady is respected but not loved . Rex is trying hard to be the opposite.
    I think Rex has succeeded