Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't see Clay lasting another year in the nfl

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I can't see Clay lasting another year in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He drops way too many passes for my liking. It seemed like he'd drop a big catch every game.

And saying the's the best TE in Bills history is a complete joke.
    Yeah, Tony Hunter is.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-10-2016),Night Train (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He drops way too many passes for my liking. It seemed like he'd drop a big catch every game.

And saying the's the best TE in Bills history is a complete joke.
    4 drops is way too many? Sheesh, that's a little harsh isn't it?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Tyrod doesn't throw the deep middle. And you guys realize TEs do more than just catch the ball, right? Clay's the best TE we've had in years, perhaps ever.

Yes, I realize that's not saying much.
    I hope Reuben Gant finds you and beats you with a rubber hose. You blasphemous dink sniffer. That's right... I said it. DINK SNIFFER. Only a sniffer of major dinks would dis puddin hands Gant.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If you look through his injury listings (I did), he had an unspecified nagging issue during the offseason, was troubled in October by his calf, and ended up with a bad back, has a history of knee issues. This isn't a robust guy, and being on the field doesn't equate to being effective on the field. I remember McKelvin playing on one leg. He played the snaps. He actually didn't come off the field when not healthy. Lot of "limited in practice".

He's not a durable TE, probably a good time to note the pattern and become concerned.
    Okay, agreed there. I think if he's on the field, he's as good as advertised (though I wish we could've snagged Delaney Walker for less). If he can't stay on field, then yes, not a great move.

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-10-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Okay, agreed there. I think if he's on the field, he's as good as advertised (though I wish we could've snagged Delaney Walker for less). If he can't stay on field, then yes, not a great move.
    Well it worries me, but let's go back to what you first said. I agree he's the best TE we've had in years, and let's hope he stays healthy and they can use him more. I don't think he will, but I hope he will. When he was ok and they were going to him, it was something to see.

It might seem like I'm waffling, I'm not. Frustrates me that we have a lot of talent not on the field enough, and keeps me from getting too excited about the potential.

8. Post thanked by:

Oaf (02-10-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Regarding Bills TE's, here's a complete list of them from a fantasy football perspective :

http://www.fantasyfootballchallenge....ight-ends.html

I would have said Metzelaars was the best. If you click on their names you get a better breakdown of their stats. We honestly had some decent role players, but there really is no powerful argument for anyone that I could see in terms of setting a standard.

Warlick maybe for his era. But that was his era. I don't know.
    Last edited by Mace; 02-10-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well it worries me, but let's go back to what you first said. I agree he's the best TE we've had in years, and let's hope he stays healthy and they can use him more. I don't think he will, but I hope he will. When he was ok and they were going to him, it was something to see.

It might seem like I'm waffling, I'm not. Frustrates me that we have a lot of talent not on the field enough, and keeps me from getting too excited about the potential.
    That's fair. But I do think his production takes a hit, and thus fan perception, because TT hasn't shown the ability to throw the middle really. He did it in the preseason which is the weird thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Before this year there were talks about how in Miami he couldn't stay healthy and had to have his knee drained multiple times a game causing him constant discomfort and caused him to miss a lot of time. I counted 3 times last year where Clay got the ball to run and his knee just gave out. One was very very obvious in which he got the ball on the sideline then turned up field and his knee just collapsed. Between Shady, Harvin, and Clay, I truly believe we have to start over again with our playmakers. Mccoy had a nasty leg injury along with his arrest, Harvin always injured and last year just gave up. We need to litterally hit on 3-4 play makers this year. We need a TE with potential just in case this is Clays final year. A better backup behind Karlos if he's going to be our future RB. Along with a better compliment to Watkins. If there is a smaller fast WR, like Tavon or Desean Jackson, id snatch them up. Also I want David Nelson back. He put up the same numbers as Clay and was our most dependable WR on 3rd down. We sorely lack a big body on 3rd downs.

I have no idea who's in FA and the draft but for me an ideal senerio would be

Get a backup RB who's elusive (Sproles, Spiller style)
    A small quick WR ( Garson, Tavon)
    A big possession WR (Nelson) Boykin could be this guy even though he's not big, he's dependable on 3rd down
    A backup TE (I'd love Mercedes Lewis, my fav TE)
    A solid RT, unless Mills or Henderson picks it up
    Guard needs to be settled between Groy vs Miller in camp
    DE such as Antonio Smith
    NT like Ngata
    For LBs I don't know. We have 2 MLBs that struggled. We need a starter, move Brown to second ILB, then maybe move Bradham to 3-4 OLB. Then have Hughes on the other side. It's either this or we need 2 LBs.

This off season has more priorities than last year sadly
    The Bills don't have the cap room to go after guys like Lewis or Ngata. I would love us getting a TE like Fleener but he probably is too much money. The type of UFA we might land are going to be paid very little ie less than $1m per season and probably guys that could add depth ala Alex Carrington type role.